Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Then you DONT understand what I said.
I’ll clarify:
Many people that swear by boost don’t wear nikes non retro offerings especially if they aren’t trending.

The minority part is NOT that boost is or is not super comfortable. The minority part IS that he tried boost along with the non retro nikes/jordans.

Lol, what on earth are you basing this on? How are you stating definitively (and arguing) about many people who wear one style pf sneakers not wearing another non-hyped sneaker? I mean, if you have done market research or can point to research that says this, cool, and I'll grant you your point.

But as someone who must be part of your "minority" cohort who loves Boost but also wears non-retro Nike & JB, Boost > Lunarlon > Saucony Grid 6-9k > 360 Max Air > Asics Gel > Air Max > Zoom Air > Regular ol' retro Nike Air. But not all Boost pairs are created equal. My flat feet get really uncomfortable in NMDs, but UBs are amazing to me. Haven't tried VaporMax yet, but as soon as pairs start hitting $100-125 I'll grab a pair, and I think they may end up surpassing the comfort of NMDs (since I have flat feet and NMDs are NOT good for that). Also never tried Shox, and I never will, lol.

And yeah, if Adidas or BASF (who I think makes the Boost) ever market Boost insoles, whew, a lot of podiatrists will go outta business.

Lol, what on earth are you basing this on? How are you stating definitively (and arguing) about many people who wear one style pf sneakers not wearing another non-hyped sneaker? I mean, if you have done market research or can point to research that says this, cool, and I'll grant you your point.

But as someone who must be part of your "minority" cohort who loves Boost but also wears non-retro Nike & JB, Boost > Lunarlon > Saucony Grid 6-9k > 360 Max Air > Asics Gel > Air Max > Zoom Air > Regular ol' retro Nike Air. But not all Boost pairs are created equal. My flat feet get really uncomfortable in NMDs, but UBs are amazing to me. Haven't tried VaporMax yet, but as soon as pairs start hitting $100-125 I'll grab a pair, and I think they may end up surpassing the comfort of NMDs (since I have flat feet and NMDs are NOT good for that). Also never tried Shox, and I never will, lol.

And yeah, if Adidas or BASF (who I think makes the Boost) ever market Boost insoles, whew, a lot of podiatrists will go outta business.

based on a bunch of adidas vs nike arguments that have popped up on this site, hes not being inaccurate. as some one who loves and rocks boost just as much as other shoes, boost is great but im far from saying theyre the most comfortable shoe (ultra boost) ever. Im 6'4" 240 and ill only rock ultra boost for a few hours because i sink into them after too long and it hurts my feet. i dont have that issues with huaraches (that reach godly levels of comfort the more you wear them and break them in) or even other adidas shoe like the alpha bounce that also get even more comfortable with wear.

based on a bunch of adidas vs nike arguments that have popped up on this site, hes not being inaccurate. as some one who loves and rocks boost just as much as other shoes, boost is great but im far from saying theyre the most comfortable shoe (ultra boost) ever. Im 6'4" 240 and ill only rock ultra boost for a few hours because i sink into them after too long and it hurts my feet. i dont have that issues with huaraches (that reach godly levels of comfort the more you wear them and break them in) or even other adidas shoe like the alpha bounce that also get even more comfortable with wear.
Thx jdbruhman

after wearing dress shoes all week im walking on clouds in any non leather retro styled shoe to be honest. i love boost but nothing as far as comfort goes calls me to them on the weekends more than any of my other worn in runner shoes

bruhman-gif.gif

Yeah, I hear that a lot from bigger dudes, too, that Boost is too soft for them. Sounds like the same problem @Lakers has with Lunar. So I can see that sturdier support would be more comfortable for you bigger folks, whereas lighter guys don't get the comfort from traditional Air & Zoom Air because we don't "squish" it enough.

As for AJ1s, I honestly never feel any "Air" cushioning in them. 2s feel waaaaay more comfortable on my footbed than 1s, for instance.

Yeah, I hear that a lot from bigger dudes, too, that Boost is too soft for them. Sounds like the same problem @Lakers has with Lunar. So I can see that sturdier support would be more comfortable for you bigger folks, whereas lighter guys don't get the comfort from traditional Air & Zoom Air because we don't "squish" it enough.

As for AJ1s, I honestly never feel any "Air" cushioning in them. 2s feel waaaaay more comfortable on my footbed than 1s, for instance.

yeah and i generally dont have that issues with boost shoes with thicker midsoles like the OG pure boost 1.0 sole or the EQT 93/17 sole. ultra boost and v2s are a no go for long wears though and then its the law of diminishing returns from there.

Nike got all this gear dropping but only a third of it is realistically attainable for retail.
I won't be going out of my sneaker budget

6'6" and just got up to 260 lbs and I've never experienced what you're talking about. Everyone has different feet though and ways of stepping so I acknowledge that your mileage may vary. What some people have to understand though is that a lot of people have so many pairs and don't wear sneakers everyday so they don't get the number of wears to break anything in. I need my shoes comfortable from jump because between working in corporate, wearing boots for casual wear in the winter, and having 20+ pairs of sneakers in my rotation at any given time, I'm not breaking in anything.

6'6" and just got up to 260 lbs and I've never experienced what you're talking about. Everyone has different feet though and ways of stepping so I acknowledge that your mileage may vary. What some people have to understand though is that a lot of people have so many pairs and don't wear sneakers everyday so they don't get the number of wears to break anything in. I need my shoes comfortable from jump because between working in corporate, wearing boots for casual wear in the winter, and having 20+ pairs of sneakers in my rotation at any given time, I'm not breaking in anything.

definitely, and ive mentioned that before. i bought into the ultra boost hype back in the 1.0 days and i own a few pairs ive really worn and some not so much. but thats another thing. i was on the "comfort" hunt back in 2012-2013 so when i made the jump to ultraboost it wasnt as ground breaking to me as it might have been for others who jumped from jordans.

after wearing dress shoes all week im walking on clouds in any non leather retro styled shoe to be honest. i love boost but nothing as far as comfort goes calls me to them on the weekends more than any of my other worn in runner shoes
nobody ever brings up zig tech when writing about comfortable shoes

Back
Top Bottom