Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I like the tumbled leather on the Breds, Bred Toes, Royals, SBB, etc.
Why don’t some of you? Just curious to hear opinions.

Because it’s not original, tumbled leather wasn’t even a thing in 1985 on basketball shoes, the 1 was never meant to be “luxurious” for me it’s off putting and just strange on that shoe... having said that the tumbled leather they’ve used on some of these is really nice, for me it’s not about the quality it’s about being true to the original

Ahh okay. Seems similar to the convo in the 3 thread. They all want OG quality on those too. I personally don’t mind the current retros but that could be because I haven’t held an OG pair next to a recent retro. Also doesn’t bother me because it looks the same on feet.

Ahh okay. Seems similar to the convo in the 3 thread. They all want OG quality on those too. I personally don’t mind the current retros but that could be because I haven’t held an OG pair next to a recent retro. Also doesn’t bother me because it looks the same on feet.

I had a couple pairs of OG retros when I was 8 & 10 years old. I have no idea what the quality or comfort was like on them, nor did I care. Some people have amazing memories I guess :lol:

It's the lack of a black tongue

They really don't look the same on feet though lol

Tumbled leather doesn't matter to me, just again, have to wonder the decision process behind certain CWs and materials. EDIT: If a OG 1 released with tumbled leather all over, then that warrant complaints.

Seems like the only true to form OG 1s released so far are the Metallics and the Storm Blues. Maybe the UNCs and Chicago's as well.

Last edited:
Tumbled leather doesn't matter to me, just again, have to wonder the decision process behind certain CWs and materials.

Seems like the only true to form OG 1s released so far are the Metallics and the Storm Blues. Maybe the UNCs and Chicago's as well.

Sounds about right. Along with Black Toes. I can get jiggy with the tumbled but smooth looks way better on OG colorways.

Red toes have the distinct look and feel of an OG colorway. They would be a lot of people’s grail 1s if they were in fact an OG. The lack of sentimental value is the only thing holding them back. It’s impressive when Jordan Brand is able to accomplish that with a retro+. Can’t think of many other times they have actually accomplished that?

27579634_1902774299736125_5450945107924615168_n.jpg

no i’m not comparing blk red toes to the orig. black toe cw. i don’t have blk toes anyways yet i like the tongue on blk red toes and the quality. the player samples of blk toes should have been the og cw released imo.

still on the fence considering other sneakers and stuff

Back
Top Bottom