Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don’t know what size you are, but lowest asking on StockX is $374 for size 11, must have little feet

I cant find these anywhere. Thought they were dropping today . Any info is much appreciated :smokin

20180104_174011.png

why you dislike the term so bad?

Before sometime around 06-07 no one ever used the term "bred." We used to just say black and red and then some new/young guy just shortened it to bred.. which just reminded me of bread lol. At the time, practically 99% of the population hated the term. It was the equivalent of coming up with some lame nickname. But it caught on.. I practically never use the term.

Again.. IDC what people choose to call them though. And yes technically Black Toes are White Toes :lol:

Before sometime around 06-07 no one ever used the term "bred." We used to just say black and red and then some new/young guy just shortened it to bred.. which just reminded me of bread lol. At the time, practically 99% of the population hated the term. It was the equivalent of coming up with some lame nickname. But it caught on.. I practically never use the term.

Again.. IDC what people choose to call them though. And yes technically Black Toes are White Toes :lol:

Now Nike uses it, so I guess get used to it?

EVERYONE hated that term... but damn how times have changed.

But then Chicago's would be White Toes too right?

Basically put, the nicknames Black Toe and Bred Toe both derived from it's relation to another Jordan 1.

The nickname Black Toe came about as a means of differentiating it from the red and white toe combination of the Chicago just as the nickname Bred Toe is based off differentiating it from the black and white toe combination of the Black Toe. At least that's the logic I've applied to it.

Nicknames are cool with me no matter how cheesy they are, and yes some names are goofy as hell, but at the end of the day the jargon simplifies sneaker referencing when communicating with others about shoes and its thousands of models and colorways.

As long as when I pull up on Saturday and ask for Bred Toes and the associate going to grab my pair knows what I'm talking about... I'm good! :D

Back
Top Bottom