Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
You’re doing too much.

Go head, cry.

Same with sneaker shield wearers, penguin feet walking, sole shields or any other corny gimmick to make your shoes appear unworn when you’re wearing them and "much much" more.

1s look better worn and with age and time.

Yeah, my shoes look plenty worn bud. I like my wrinkles. I like the getting dirty but that extreme indentation does not look aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm a huge stickler for that part in particular. I mess up my shoes on purpose but the 1s now are weird. Fun fact: If you wear the same pair for months the inside of the the sole literally deteriorates and your air bags get knocked loose happendd to my Cybers. That's not how my 94s or 85s were they are literally built like tanks. The dent is annoying and I ain't crying about anything if these dudes wanna know and want an alternate solution to a real thing than I just helped them. You probably got narrower feet than me so it don't make much of a difference for you but I had an issue and I solved it with the little bit of knowledge I do know of. I literally experiment with new and old kicks. I ain't doing too much because my issue is solved looks better to me and I don't gotta worry about that one part at all. My shoes, my idea, my results and im happy. People asked and I delivered.

Sidenote: I'm doing too much? We are literally on a thread for Jordan 1s. Literally a thread pertaining to one shoe with thousands of pages. That's the epitome of "too much" add that to the fact that a huge chunk of us spend thousands of bucks on sneakers every year.

Last edited:
Whats this about deterioration?

Is that just the cybers or....

Anyone wear their chicagos or SBBs a lot like that?

I usually just wash my midsole and outsole with water and brush.
The upper leather i just wipe it with clean cloth. And thats about it...
Keep em worn but clean.

You’re doing too much.

Go head, cry.

Same with sneaker shield wearers, penguin feet walking, sole shields or any other corny gimmick to make your shoes appear unworn when you’re wearing them.

1s look better worn and with age and time.

Lol I was totally with until the "1s look better worn..." part. But that's all preference anyway. I like mine looking brand new, but I also don't wear all that corny gimmicky things. Thankfully mine don't crease like that.

Whats this about deterioration?

Is that just the cybers or....

Anyone wear their chicagos or SBBs a lot like that?

Dude it's happened to a few pairs of mine if you wear the same pair all the time and do rigorous work it the air bag seperates form what ever glue is inside of the sole and the outsole gets terribly thin. When I wore sz 13 it happened to a few of the good pairs( UNC, Chi etc) I wore my cybers the heaviest becauae they were my work shoes but my SB Dunk Ostrich pair held up just fine and those came out in 03-04.

I was totally just playing around, I hope you didnt take me serious

Nah not at all I know it's a forum but dang. It rubs me the wrong way when people ask for help and when I tell them my method/solution to the madness since it's not something they are willing to do they say "you're doing too much?" "Superglue in your 1s? Nah b" etc etc. I went through a lot of trial and error figuring out this conundrum. I know quite a few people for sure who get those annoying dents in the toe panel and hate it. I love wearing my ish without regard, its quite liberating but it happens when the leather has a certain softness/thinness about it. My RSBB's and White Yin Yang, SBB, Black toe, and B/red are fine(all size 12) but others were hit with that and it bothered me so much. I was irked thay I had dropped thousands of dollars on these kicks and I didn't even wanna wear them anymore because of the dents. Waste of money, not to mention the fact that I changed my sizes and sold my sz 13s for less than resell because of the wear and tear to come back and scoop up as many 12s as I could on resell. My second set of SBBs, Chi's, B/reds, etc was quite a huge fee but the payoff is great if I don't have as many dents to worry about forming. I'm cool with everyone, I understand a good ribbing but dang if anyone want advice on a solution, I'm down to help. Just don't f*ck with me and call me crazy, dumb etc for doing something outta the norm.

You act like there’s genuine leather on these :lol:

You ever own the 13s?

Or 01s?

I’ll take this “genuine leather” over either of the above, I’ve owned them all.

My frags have similar toe striatuons, same with banneds (ogs).

But hey, wtf do I know.

The leather crush is what makes these so great.

If you want pleather go buy the 13s

Yeah, I own 3 2013s-2014s (B/W, Shadow, Barons) Love em, wear the crap outta them as beaters and the leather is very soft and worn now. But my wide feet make it so I can't wear 2013s all the time because my pinky toes get "crushed" and that ish hurts and causes corns. The remasters are more than just "quality" materials. They have a wider toebox, better height, more accurate colors, more padding, and better feeling insoles. I'll stick with my own thing but when I get those dents in the toe panel (Dents, not wrinkles) l had to figure out some solution.

You ever own the 13s?

Or 01s?

But hey, wtf do I know.

I thought you were talking about the model 13 not the year. You didn’t put the apostrophe in front of the 13, so I was confused, my bad man :lol:

You ever own the 13s?

Or 01s?

But hey, wtf do I know.

Oh god the 01 toeboxes look amazing but way too narrow as well.

Pics of frags? I just like whenever I see them in the thread.

Dude it's happened to a few pairs of mine if you wear the same pair all the time and do rigorous work it the air bag seperates form what ever glue is inside of the sole and the outsole gets terribly thin. When I wore sz 13 it happened to a few of the good pairs( UNC, Chi etc) I wore my cybers the heaviest becauae they were my work shoes but my SB Dunk Ostrich pair held up just fine and those came out in 03-04.
This disturbs me.

At this point, if I get royals or breds im saving up for 85s

I wish theyd make 1s in vietnam

Nah not at all I know it's a forum but dang. It rubs me the wrong way when people ask for help and when I tell them my method/solution to the madness since it's not something they are willing to do they say "you're doing too much?" "Superglue in your 1s? Nah b" etc etc. I went through a lot of trial and error figuring out this conundrum. I know quite a few people for sure who get those annoying dents in the toe panel and hate it. I love wearing my ish without regard, its quite liberating but it happens when the leather has a certain softness/thinness about it. My RSBB's and White Yin Yang, SBB, Black toe, and B/red are fine(all size 12) but others were hit with that and it bothered me so much. I was irked thay I had dropped thousands of dollars on these kicks and I didn't even wanna wear them anymore because of the dents. Waste of money, not to mention the fact that I changed my sizes and sold my sz 13s for less than resell because of the wear and tear to come back and scoop up as many 12s as I could on resell. My second set of SBBs, Chi's, B/reds, etc was quite a huge fee but the payoff is great if I don't have as many dents to worry about forming. I'm cool with everyone, I understand a good ribbing but dang if anyone want advice on a solution, I'm down to help. Just don't f*ck with me and call me crazy, dumb etc for doing something outta the norm.
Ive noticed long ago that there are certain models of 1s that are all around very well done and they drop them once every blue moon. Others they clearly cut corners with.

The shadows will be one of those rare 1s.

Right around my bday jordan brand will continue the over saturation of OG High 1’s in 2018. Glad I’ll still be wearing royals anyway

Back
Top Bottom