Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Glitter Boyz
388420594481364992.png

It's not the paper, it's not the box. Putting them in drop cases or plastic bags won't matter.

It's a chemical reaction within the coating of the shoes. It's just going to happen, some more prominent than others.
and keeping them out of the box or wearing them likely slows down or prevents the process

Y’all dudes with twinkle toe versions of DS breds better do what I did and just stockX those pairs.

I had a pretty bad case of glittergate breds back in October and I had to let them go ASAP

Y’all dudes with twinkle toe versions of DS breds better do what I did and just stockX those pairs.

I had a pretty bad case of glittergate breds back in October and I had to let them go ASAP
if the shoes are ds, and the glitter wipes off, why sell them, unless you didn't replace them and just kept the profit

Cardboard absorbs moisture, I've had old shoeboxes (without shoes in them) (particularly, my old DWades box from '06) develop thick crystallization--i.e., layers and layers of 'glitter'. If you don't keep your shoes in the shoe box then you shouldn't develop 'glitter'. Also, if you have a walk-in closet attached to your bathroom/shower (popular layout in apartments) then don't keep your shoes in that closet or keep them in that closet and don't take hot showers. Spend some money on drop-fronts, a suitable shelf, or other shoe storage unit. And if you've developed glitter, wipe the area down with white vinegar or rubbing alcohol.

It’s from the paper in the box
No it’s not. We’ve been through this several times. It has nothing to do with how they are stored.
You can wipe them off often or get rid of them. That’s all you can do. It’s nikes choice of paint or sealer on the black parts of the shoe.
Let’s stop going around and round on this, we’ve had a lot of conversation about it.

Sold a pair of breds a few weeks back with tons of glitter on them .. Person knew they had glitter but he said looked worst in person smh

CACD5054-A216-4363-A435-B19F62BFF89E.jpeg

The qc on these is definitely solid in regards to factory flaws. The leather discrepancy from pair to pair is quite annoying but glad i got a solid looking one
gottamb how is your pair leaps and bounds better than mine?! crazy.
the black leather used on your pair is money. mine is the regular ones.
not mad at my pair, just jelly.

Cardboard absorbs moisture, I've had old shoeboxes (without shoes in them) (particularly, my old DWades box from '06) develop thick crystallization--i.e., layers and layers of 'glitter'. If you don't keep your shoes in the shoe box then you shouldn't develop 'glitter'. Also, if you have a walk-in closet attached to your bathroom/shower (popular layout in apartments) then don't keep your shoes in that closet or keep them in that closet and don't take hot showers. Spend some money on drop-fronts, a suitable shelf, or other shoe storage unit. And if you've developed glitter, wipe the area down with white vinegar or rubbing alcohol.
Have you not been paying attention? Many of the people having the issue keep them in dry conditions with dropfront boxes. Its long been understood not to be the cardboard.

While discussing all the different theories keep in mind that only black parts are affected. I haven't had problems cleaning it when it has happened so it is what it is meh..

Back
Top Bottom