• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yes

I have proof on the B/Reds. The shoe as been released in '85, '94, '01, '08 (strap), '09, '10 (banned), '11 (KO), and '13 and is still highly sought after

Please forgive me on any dates as I was going off the top of my head

Just move everything after the '01 release forward by a year and you got it.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's just the Banned and KO releases that need to be pushed a year forward actually.

Last edited:
I mean would all of us here be so into Royals and Breds if they were as common as All Stars and Vans slip-ons? I'm betting, no

the people in this thread would

they just wouldn't treat them like delicate flowers, talking about having unDS anxiety and waiting for a good occasion to wear em

yea but prior to 2013 they basically sat :lol:

I think the demand has always been there, the deal breaker was always the jumpman on the tongue and heel. threw em all the way off. hopefully JB is starting to realize that the "little" details matter

That's probably because dudes were still smart enough to collectively wait for I's to go on steep discounts like they're supposed to.

Back then Jordan Brand did not have the same stranglehold on the market. At least in my area (was in HS during 2001) nobody wore Jordan 1's. Air Max's were the more popular thing to have. Not really sure why.

the true blue 3's definitely didn't sit in 2001 in my area - sold out day of release
around the same time as the blk/red 1 release

they were more limited than the blk-red 1 tho

the people in this thread would

they just wouldn't treat them like delicate flowers, talking about having unDS anxiety and waiting for a good occasion to wear em
I think the demand has always been there, the deal breaker was always the jumpman on the tongue and heel. threw em all the way off. hopefully JB is starting to realize that the "little" details matter
I've had people act surprised I was wearing different limited shoes before. I just wear em' whenever. Doesn't have to be a special occasion. F it, if I spent the money I'm wearing them til they fall apart

Last edited:
I've had people act surprised I was wearing different limited shoes before. I just wear em' whenever. Doesn't have to be a special occasion. F it, if I spent the money I'm wearing them til they fall apart

that's how I treat my shoes but "sneakerhead" logic nowadays is to take the shoes you like the most and wear em the least

Looking at a pair of Black Toe's that are used twice. That $113 tag tho 
sick.gif

I like wearing my limited stuff but I just treat them differently than shoes that weren't hard to get. I actually care about them lasting for a lot longer time so their upkeep is constant after wears. I might cop & keep something that is limited (with no intention to wear) & instead use it as trade bait 
smokin.gif
 but I won't keep a shoe DS just to look at it. Unless it's a Jordan signed by Tinker /MJ or something to that extent 
laugh.gif

In color hue only. And even then I'm still leaning toward the flat colors of the 2013 over the vibrant color that's on the 01's
Royal Blue Swoosh > Navy Blue Swoosh

dudes 01 royals are not brand new see unlike: http://ward1.com/blog/2012/12/2001-air-jordan-1-i-black-varsity-red/

Super comfy heel padding, great leather, mid-ish cut

at the end of the day its all preference, I have both releases and each have their own pros and cons, but the 01's just feel better.

and I think we can all agree, while every other jordan cracks, separates and eventually disintegrates we'll all still have our 1's :lol: (unless you got 85's :D)

Last edited:
I got the blackout mid 1s with suede toebox and it creases real weird. I couldn't imagine these to be much different. Be warned if creases bother you much...

Last edited:
got a chance to double up on Bred 1s, DS no OG BOX, pics check out to be legit and not gray markets... is that a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom