Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
This is true for OG cws but it’s a crapshoot with retro+ cws. I really regret not doubling up on Fear 4s and I’ve been honestly waiting a decade to replace my 2002 French Blue 9s that I’ve long since beaten to the ground since I initially bought them on release day.
Bro I wish I would have got those 9 back in 02 when I bought my son a pair still waiting on that colorway to come back around

I only buy what I see myself wearing. Have around 40-50 pairs now, and only adding pairs that catch my eye. The 6 is my fav silhouette by far, but I actually have more 1s (over 10 pairs), just because they are such classics and provide more flexibility to general wear. I've never collected just to collect, or to complete a set. The only 1 I truly yet need would be BT with black tongue, and that would be my only true set to complete. Banned, Chicago, BT w Black Tongue.

68F8006C-FE7D-4A7E-ABD8-3967DC7377CA.jpeg

This is true for OG cws but it’s a crapshoot with retro+ cws. I really regret not doubling up on Fear 4s and I’ve been honestly waiting a decade to replace my 2002 French Blue 9s that I’ve long since beaten to the ground since I initially bought them on release day.

Yeah that's the other thing with doubling, you never know when Nike/JB will finesse and re release shoes or a slight variation. Even limited releases (like Doernbecher's) are being re released. It's all a guessing game.

Take the Chicago 1s and White cement 3s for example, many of us thought they'd be back by now. But instead we've gotten several different variations of both models before seeing the OG again.

As a consumer it's annoying, but from a buisness standpoint Nike/JB are geniuses.

Yeah that's the other thing with doubling, you never know when Nike/JB will finesse and re release shoes or a slight variation. Even limited releases (like Doernbecher's) are being re released. It's all a guessing game.

Take the Chicago 1s and White cement 3s for example, many of us thought they'd be back by now. But instead we've gotten several different variations of both models before seeing the OG again.

As a consumer it's annoying, but from a buisness standpoint Nike/JB are geniuses.

Oh I agree, but it’s doubtful we’ll see re-retros of a lot of retro+ cws as there are soooo many retro releases nowadays (basically almost weekly at this point). Releases like Mocha 3s were the exception and, even then, they came from an era where retro releases were still few and far in-between compared to modern times so that added to their allure. I would legitimately be shocked if we get retros of shoes like Orion 7, 3peat 8, and Pro-Star 5s because there is little/no allure to them and they were pretty much all forgettable, GR releases. OG cws are a different story, obviously, and you are spot on that JB is really milking their popularity with different retros (I.e. 2014 Black IR 6s vs the recent 2019 NA release) and variants (FTL WC 3s, Spider-Man Chi 1s, Taxi-like CNY 12s, etc. etc.).

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited:
I'm to the point now with my collection where I have all the OG 1, 3, 4 (after this year), and 11s I've ever wanted, and not walking means they're all in pretty much perfect condition. Add that with the fact that I still do have quite a few shoes in general, which means I'm always rotating pairs, starting with this year my buying is really chilling out. I tend to repeat like the same 10 or so pairs, but every once in a while I'll give myself a challenge to wear only (fill in the blank) for like a week, forcing myself to pull out pairs that haven't really been rocked a lot. I love shoes period, so I know I'll always buy new ones, but I'm definitely more selective with the pairs I decide to grab.

Bro I wish I would have got those 9 back in 02 when I bought my son a pair still waiting on that colorway to come back around

It’s honestly my favorite CW of 9s. Also, as a big Wizards fan, I consider this cw pretty iconic since it was released during MJ’s time here.

Also, it blows my mind they put out so many garbage cws of 12s but won’t re-release these:

BA05387C-7567-4CEB-B034-EC356DE9DD7B.jpeg

To this point, OG 1s also hold their value amazingly because they are so durable/have 0 crumbling issues. You can move your extra pair of 2016 Breds for much more than you paid for them, without much work at all. Case in point is 2016 Yin Yangs-pairs were going for as little as $70/pair and now DS pairs of each of the two cws go for well over even $160 retail.
The black Yin Yang 1’s are one of my best purchases ever. I wear those more than anything. They go with everything and years later they still look good if you clean them every once in a while.

Anyone have photos of beat royals or breds? Really want to wear one as a daily beater but don't have doubles and scared that I'm going to regret it lol. They wear in nicely but probably to a certain extent.

The Yellow Ochre's are gonna get my Resale money....They look better than what I thought these upcoming Yellow Toes are gonna look like. Based on what we know is releasing, I think I can now say that I'm out on the remainder of 2019 1's. So, I'm backtracking to Ochre's, Reverse SBB's and my upcoming 2019 purchase is the Black/Cement IV's.

SBB 3.' is looking like I don't want...Not if PL and not if Black Outsole...Needs orange, I believe.

So I grabbed my All Star / Chameleon 1s to wear them today and noticed glitter on the black parts, which I'm not surprised by and wiped off easily with leather wipes, but also a moldy/ashy/glittery buildup on the chameleon parts. Has anyone noticed this before? While I was a bit nervous applying the leather wipes on these parts, the wipes did the trick and all seems well. On all my other glitteritis stricken pairs, it's never affected the colored portions, so I was definitely taken aback.

On a separate note, apparently there's a "Yellow Toe" MID dropping this year, with the exact colorblocking and everything as the OG High we've been hearing about and chatting about recently. With that being the case, do you all think JB would also drop the same pair but in an OG High?

Back
Top Bottom