Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Lmao yep! I remember as a kid taking big swings of that nasty Manischewitz with everyone’s backwash
LOL YES!!!!! I became Catholic when I was an early teen and before then (when I went to a Methodist church), we drank from little individual cups. So when I found out at our Catholic church that we drank from the same cup, I did it at first, but then I opted out of going up to the alter altogether. I started going downstairs to the bathroom during that time just to avoid it.

Definitely some validity to the piece ... surprised they didn’t mention Nike’s bastardization with the NFRs release. I get Nike was trying to ride the partnership for all it was worth particularly with Virgil headed for bigger arguably better things, however would posit the union LA release was a positive outgrowth of the intellectualism Virgil’s collab promised.

Nike has beat this dead horse into the ground-NFR, Element React 87s, JDI Air Max, Guava Ice/Olive/Orange AJ1s, and now the branding on the SS19 AJ1s and even the exposed foam on the new Killshots are all O-W style-inspired derivatives in one form or another... Nike is really trying to milk the collab for everything it was worth it seems like. It’s ironic because Nike/JB has the resources to hire some of the best design talent in the world yet they hire people who consistently come out with trash cws that most of us here on NT could actually out-design.

PSX_20190310_184623.jpg

Unds today

Damn killed it with the lace swap bro!

Nike has beat this dead horse into the ground-NFR, Element React 87s, JDI Air Max, Guava Ice/Olive/Orange AJ1s, and now the branding on the SS19 AJ1s and even the exposed foam on the new Killshots are all O-W style-inspired derivatives in one form or another... Nike is really trying to milk the collab for everything it was worth it seems like. It’s ironic because Nike/JB has the resources to hire some of the best design talent in the world yet they hire people who consistently come out with trash cws that most of us here on NT could actually out-design.
The og killshots had exposed foam tongues though lol...

Definitely gonna get yellow toes and I think thatll cap off the colored toe craze for me. Don't need courts or b/red toes. I still gotta finish my purple chi. Unless there's a rust pink toe in mind I'm off it lol

I might be in the super minority, but with the talk of people wanting a “Royal Toe,” I really have zero interest in such a pair. I have a couple pairs of Royals, a pair of Game Royals, and a pair of Storm Blues (I know not the same blue but a shade of royal/navyish). But between the Royals and the Game Royals by themselves, a “Royal Toe” is unnecessary IMO.

No one who qualifies as “the best design talent in the world” is going to be a low level designer in some back room cubicle in Nike, they’ll have independent notoriety—I.e., like Virgil—and they’ll work through collabs because it’s economically superior for them.

Definitely gonna get yellow toes and I think thatll cap off the colored toe craze for me. Don't need courts or b/red toes. I still gotta finish my purple chi. Unless there's a rust pink toe in mind I'm off it lol

wait so basically these with the toebox rust pink as well?

A9D9A9B7-AE06-4DE2-A237-CCCE17DD995B.png

wait so basically these with the toebox rust pink as well?

A9D9A9B7-AE06-4DE2-A237-CCCE17DD995B.png

Yeah if nike ever releases a rust pink toe to the public than I'll be on it but that's the only toe I can see myself being truly engaged on after I attain the yellow toes. I would like the og rust pinks but that's 3-4000 bucks I ain't trying to spend. Frags don't even go for that much in my size and they supersede the rust pinks.

I might be in the super minority, but with the talk of people wanting a “Royal Toe,” I really have zero interest in such a pair. I have a couple pairs of Royals, a pair of Game Royals, and a pair of Storm Blues (I know not the same blue but a shade of royal/navyish). But between the Royals and the Game Royals by themselves, a “Royal Toe” is unnecessary IMO.

Never enough Royal imo

Back
Top Bottom