Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20190311_133743.jpg
Weekend wear. Back to derbys today smh

I know a lot of people from a collector's viewpoint have that "gotta catch em all" mentality. I can't really be that way. I dont like the idea of my kicks collecting dust cuz I never wear them due to having so many options. Meanwhile in actuality, I only really wear like 3-5 main colorways all the time, I see it so much and think to myself "man that could never be me." Personally, I have to limit myself to attain a finite amount of certain colors in different styles or it gets stale.

I know a lot of people from a collector's viewpoint have that "gotta catch em all" mentality. I can't really be that way. I dont like the idea of my kicks collecting dust cuz I never wear them due to having so many options. Meanwhile in actuality, I only really wear like 3-5 main colorways all the time, I see it so much and think to myself "man that could never be me." Personally, I have to limit myself to attain a finite amount of certain colors in different styles or it gets stale.
for sure....back when i was younger, i was definitely volume-driven. trying to buy as many pairs as i could to flaunt my stacks or get to a particular number. a few collection overhauls later, shifts in interests and styles, i've been able to curate what i want to actually have and wear...and for me its og and og-styling with 1s. i can appreciate all the "color toes" but i can't say that i need to have all of them, and i even passed on courts and pines...likely will with the yellows too. my radar is actually more set on the non-nfr's this year....planning to double up and turn one of them into the blue #22 on that 85 sample chart.

maaan i used to b like that a few years ago. cop errrthang and cared about volume more than if i really really liked the kicks. i was just concerned about getting my collection to mayor levels. now i look back and realize how dumb i was. NO way i was gonna b able to come close to lookin like mayors sneaker room lol. i was living a false unattainable dream.

now i just cop stuff i like. dont really care about having a huge collection to "show off". maaaaaaaaan i wasted so much money back then. i was a dummy.

Take it as a lesson.

Most of us go through those same growing pains.

No need to call yourself a dummy for it.

youre being kind lol. i copped stacks of shoes i didnt even really like haha. basically wasting my money on dumb purchases.
ive since wised up and value my money more now. we live and we learn.
i also now get excited over sales on trashbags and house stuff :lol: i think im an adult now lol.

maaan i used to b like that a few years ago. cop errrthang and cared about volume more than if i really really liked the kicks. i was just concerned about getting my collection to mayor levels. now i look back and realize how dumb i was. NO way i was gonna b able to come close to lookin like mayors sneaker room lol. i was living a false unattainable dream.

now i just cop stuff i like. dont really care about having a huge collection to "show off". maaaaaaaaan i wasted so much money back then. i was a dummy.

I made a new rule for myself that If I don't wear a shoe for whole year (outside of doubles) it gotta go. Definitely helped me cut down on a lot of unnecessary pairs.

i def need to implement that rule. many many pairs would get sold

Definitely helps..usually end up using the money to double up on shoes I wear a lot or other pairs that I've missed out on that I know I will wear. I hate having stuff in my collection I don't get use out of.

I sold all my doubles and now wear the ones that were on ice. I only buy Jordan 1 Jordan 3 and Jordan 4 it cuts down on the spending big time and it works for me.

Kind of where I'm headed. I'm starting to believe that doubles in 1s are a waste of money, because of how durable 1s are.

I have a double of the Breds (2016) and the pair I wear are basically my beaters, but 3 years later they still look lightly worn :smh:

Kind of where I'm headed. I'm starting to believe that doubles in 1s are a waste of money, because of how durable 1s are.

I have a double of the Breds (2016) and the pair I wear are basically my beaters, but 3 years later they still look lightly worn :smh:

To this point, OG 1s also hold their value amazingly because they are so durable/have 0 crumbling issues. You can move your extra pair of 2016 Breds for much more than you paid for them, without much work at all. Case in point is 2016 Yin Yangs-pairs were going for as little as $70/pair and now DS pairs of each of the two cws go for well over even $160 retail.

I sold all my Jordan’s that were not Jordan 1 Jordan 3 and Jordan 4. And the doubles of them. I wear Jordan 1 in the fall and winter and Jordan 3 in the spring and summer. And the Jordan 4 mixed in all year round. It’s a system that works for me

And i never buy doubles bc Jordan will rerelease them by the time my pair wears out.

This is true for OG cws but it’s a crapshoot with retro+ cws. I really regret not doubling up on Fear 4s and I’ve been honestly waiting a decade to replace my 2002 French Blue 9s that I’ve long since beaten to the ground since I initially bought them on release day.

Back
Top Bottom