Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That's not the "going out" pair ochres gotta arrive at my door step. Just been feeling the redundancy and mindlessness heavy and I'm getting ready to check out of the rat race. No stressing, no fomo, no ig influencers swaying my opinion eventually. Etc etc in even deleting my otaku.kicks ig page next week.
here's the flip...just a matter of time for the flop

20CE5055-C207-4CD2-ADEB-6A57BF348CB8.jpeg
Tonight’s fit

here's the flip...just a matter of time for the flop

I mean, I am a Gemini :rofl: but idk just looking at my collection and I could literally wear this collection out until I'm old af without having to buy a new pair.

“Just need ochre, 4s, SBB, etc etc etc”

Strong maybes :rofl: if they ain't right then I'll just get the yellow toes and that's 19' for me as it stands.

Edit: Ochres have already been had. Just waiting for the delivery.

I mean, I am a Gemini :rofl: but idk just looking at my collection and I could literally wear this collection out until I'm old af without having to buy a new pair.

Strong maybes :rofl: if they ain't right then I'll just get the yellow toes and that's 19' for me as it stands.

Edit: Ochres have already been had. Just waiting for the delivery.

Now you added Yellow Toes to the list. :lol:

If anyone’s been feeling out of it lately it’s me. I haven’t had much interest in anything lately. Kinda like those tinker 3 tomorrow, but all I really need is the lakers joints coming up. The glut of releases lately is kinda making me tired.

If anyone’s been feeling out of it lately it’s me. I haven’t had much interest in anything lately. Kinda like those tinker 3 tomorrow, but all I really need is the lakers joints coming up. The glut of releases lately is kinda making me tired.

Everything looks like trash compared to these Chicago’s I just copped :wink:

Y’all really take this sneaker **** too seriously

Bruh, we're on a forum with multiple threads dedicated to different kinds of sneakers and likely other social media accounts with showcasing our kicks. You calling the kettle black right now but you a whole cast iron pot. We all have levels but it's all in the same lane.

We all take it too seriously.

Never was gunning for happiness I know theres more to it but collecting sneakers was a hobby that I very much did enjoy. I'm just growing out of it as a person.

Surprised to see so much backlash on here bro. I totally feel you. I’m 31 now been into sneakers since I was like 13. This was really fun for me as a kid but the older I get the more I just ask why.

I’m getting closer and closer to just downsizing my entire collection to about 50 pairs and just keeping it pushing.

On the topic of downsizing I highly recommend this, went threw 2 sneaker diets in the last few years and nothing beats having a solid collection that gets worn / having kicks that haven't been worn in months or years is over rated. Got about 40 pairs now I wanna downsize even more

*DISCLAIMER* I am a 34 year old marry man with 2 kids who basically purchased most retro a few times over so I feel like I'm not missing out

Last edited:
Surprised to see so much backlash on here bro. I totally feel you. I’m 31 now been into sneakers since I was like 13. This was really fun for me as a kid but the older I get the more I just ask why.

I’m getting closer and closer to just downsizing my entire collection to about 50 pairs and just keeping it pushing.

I'm 29 bro I'm right there with ya
On the topic of downsizing I highly recommend this, went threw 2 sneaker diets in the last few years and nothing beats having a solid collection that gets worn / having kicks that haven't been worn in months or years is over rated. Got about 40 pairs now I wanna downsize even more

I used to have so many and just thinking of the amount I'd have if I kept all them is absolutely insane.

^I've purged so many this was just the initial 1 centric version.

Near current ^add in like 3-4 more pairs

I'm 29 bro I'm right there with ya

I used to have so many and just thinking of the amount I'd have if I kept all them is absolutely insane.

^I've purged so many this was just the initial 1 centric version.

Near current ^add in like 3-4 more pairs

Solid lineup, I have my moments like last year when the pine greens & court purple released I rushed and purchased both pairs & I probably worn both pairs twice.... Sitting collection dust

I know I’ll never stop buying kicks, but I feel you guys. I’m 32, newly married, and like vzy085 vzy085 mentioned, since I’ve been getting Js since I was in middle school (my first pair was actually the Navy/Black low 13s in ‘97) I’ve been fortunate to pretty much have had all of the pairs I’ve ever wanted. So between that, and the fact that I can’t walk, so my shoes stay pretty much in good condition forever, I’m at the point where I’ve hit critical mass and not really interested in too many kicks. I’m gonna get the Blk/Red 4s (as I’ve never owned those) and the SBB 3.0s and TS 1s (as those are unique colorways and versions we’re probably not gonna get again (at least not for a loooong time), but JB has to do stuff that truly is unique for me to get pairs now. Got more priorities for sure, but also like some said, I have so many damn shoes I’ve got pretty much every color I’ve ever wanted (have Js and Dunk SBs mainly), and I’m kind of over having some shoe I’m only gonna wear once or twice a year. As it is currently, I could go all year and only wear each pair twice if I wore ever single pair, but like so many I tend to wear like the same 10-20. Just not on that “buy every pair” kick anymore.

Fam I did a purge not too long ago and I swear there were brand new sneakers I had just forgotten about at the bottom of my stacks. Having so many kicks just doesn’t work for me. Less will definitely help me to appreciate what I have more.

Collecting also spawned some really weird habits for me. Now it’s harder for me to un-DS something because I worry about potential trade value/ is the moment worth the price of resell/ will I ever be able to afford another pair of these if they **** up.

I’d like to get away from all that and just wear/ enjoy my shoes.

Back
Top Bottom