Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
They need to come out with some burgundy 1s since they doing the whole crayola box

Be careful what you wish for ... knowing Gentry you’ll end up with a ‘sail’ toe color blocking, burgundy toebox, tongue and swoosh, obsidian side panels and the third pair of laces will be neon yellow (to match the insole no one sees)

LMs for the day .... I think the thing that was surprising to me when these dropped was how supple the upper was - I thought the extra layer of paint would make them stiffer. Also thought JB would screw up the collar padding but basically LMs have the extra padding without the silhouette morphing into a dunk.

387D793C-C8AD-4324-992E-6C9ED3892EDE.jpeg

anyone who's been into J's for awhile (we'll just say 10+ years) feel like they will be perceived as a herb by others when wearing them at this point?

that feeling overcame me recently

I was wearing my knicks 1's when picking up infrared VI's and some kid walking the opposite direction, whom was invisible to me until he said something, says to me "I like the 1's, bro"

anyone who's been into J's for awhile (we'll just say 10+ years) feel like they will be perceived as a herb by others when wearing them at this point?

that feeling overcame me recently

I was wearing my knicks 1's when picking up infrared VI's and some kid walking the opposite direction, whom was invisible to me until he said something, says to me "I like the 1's, bro"

I've liked sneakers for more than 25+ years now, perceived as a herb? Never. Nor would I even think about that though. I like what I like, that's all.

Why you think he thought you were a herb though?

I get what he’s saying. Some of my friends have this perception of Jordan’s as a “hood” thing for some weird reason. One of the guys wears Kangols and low cut timbs, chalk it up to everyone having their own unique taste and keep it pushing.

Yeah I get the pejorative of a ‘hood’ thing but honestly get more positives then negatives - working in the financial district and tend to get a nod from suits and kids in sprayground back packs. I will say I felt some kind of way when the city comptroller noticed my beaters in the elevator the other day:rofl:

I get what he’s saying. Some of my friends have this perception of Jordan’s as a “hood” thing for some weird reason. One of the guys wears Kangols and low cut timbs, chalk it up to everyone having their own unique taste and keep it pushing.

"Hood" and "herb" are two totally different things, you definitely know that with that 718 in your name.

Nah they’re def different, but I get the sense of what he’s saying being older and not everyone around my circle not wearing Jordan’s and as many Jordans/sneakers as me. But herb, never will I feel that way about stuff that I like to wear.

As someone who grew up in the "hood" what's wrong with the perception of them being "hood" kicks? I'm genuinely asking, I have a good feeling I know exactly why certain people would view that as a negative connotation but I'm not gonna go there on this forum.

As someone who grew up in the "hood" what's wrong with the perception of them being "hood" kicks? I'm genuinely asking, I have a good feeling I know exactly why certain people would view that as a negative connotation but I'm not gonna go there on this forum.

This!

But I think I better phrase that should be used might be "they look young," not hood. Hood means lacking maturity for some people, so I think that's what they mean.

I have no issues with Jordan’s and wearing them. My one homie who is a bit uptight looks at them as something we wore back in the day and always brings up people getting robbed for them he seen on the news and stuff like that. Some people are gonna have their views no matter what so I just let them rock with how they “feel”

Back
Top Bottom