Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So I finally got my zoom insoles people recommended from insolegeek to compare to my sneakergearz insoles.

- sneakergearz is WAY more bouncy; probably unnaturally so. Just pushing down on your toes you can feel the zoom. There's no break-in period. Makes the 1s very bouncy and actually comfortable.

- sneakergearz is a PITA to remove, so I won't be changing them out between shoes.

- insolegeek is way more subtle in its cushioning. It definitely takes the edge off the fact that 1s are pathetically cushioned; I don't really understand how people can wear 1s without changing out the insole....

- insolegeek makes the shoe feel relatively neutral in comfort; not pathetic like 1s unmodified, but nothing that creates bounce or super comfort with each step.

- Given then the foam construction surrounding the insolegeek zoom air units, I expect they will break in a bit over time. Definitely feel more like a cheap zoom knockoff than the sneakergearz, but way less dramatic in bounce, which some people may prefer.

I'll probably put the insolegeek in my next pair of 1s, or in a pair of AM1s which are pretty brick-like despite the massive air unit.

Both were more pricey than I think they should be, but sneakergearz looks and feels (in-hand) like it warrants its price (with coupon) compared to insolegeek, which really should be half the price I paid.

Cheers!

So I finally got my zoom insoles people recommended from insolegeek to compare to my sneakergearz insoles.

- sneakergearz is WAY more bouncy; probably unnaturally so. Just pushing down on your toes you can feel the zoom. There's no break-in period. Makes the 1s very bouncy and actually comfortable.

- sneakergearz is a PITA to remove, so I won't be changing them out between shoes.

- insolegeek is way more subtle in its cushioning. It definitely takes the edge off the fact that 1s are pathetically cushioned; I don't really understand how people can wear 1s without changing out the insole....

- insolegeek makes the shoe feel relatively neutral in comfort; not pathetic like 1s unmodified, but nothing that creates bounce or super comfort with each step.

- Given then the foam construction surrounding the insolegeek zoom air units, I expect they will break in a bit over time. Definitely feel more like a cheap zoom knockoff than the sneakergearz, but way less dramatic in bounce, which some people may prefer.

I'll probably put the insolegeek in my next pair of 1s, or in a pair of AM1s which are pretty brick-like despite the massive air unit.

Both were more pricey than I think they should be, but sneakergearz looks and feels (in-hand) like it warrants its price (with coupon) compared to insolegeek, which really should be half the price I paid.

Cheers!

Haven't tried InsoleGeek but the Sneakergearz are very bouncy for sure...almost too much. And way over priced.

The thick edge seam makes them not fit into shoes well. Just a fraction too wide.

Haven't tried InsoleGeek but the Sneakergearz are very bouncy for sure...almost too much. And way over priced.

The thick edge seam makes them not fit into shoes well. Just a fraction too wide.

Agreed; may be too bouncy for some. I kinda like it. Mine fit perfectly. I'm a 10.5; they said they automatically send a half size down (10). They should just call it what it is instead of doing a lame conversion. Their 10.5 definitely would not have fit.

Cheers!
how big of a difference are either versus a normal over the counter type cushion insole? dr scholls or whatever?

Agreed; may be too bouncy for some. I kinda like it. Mine fit perfectly. I'm a 10.5; they said they automatically send a half size down (10). They should just call it what it is instead of doing a lame conversion. Their 10.5 definitely would not have fit.
See I ordered a 13 and wear a 13. And what arrived was a 13.

how big of a difference are either versus a normal over the counter type cushion insole? dr scholls or whatever?

Not sure; I've never used those. I've been tempted to try the roadrunner ones that you put in the oven at home to mould (not the ones they customize in the store), but haven't yet. Really have just been into air/zoom products.

I don't often make the turn, but I've sorta flipped on the SBB 3.0 after seeing them in hand. At least the 1 pair I saw looked much less wrinkly in person, definitely shiny, but the sides were less garbage bag. Actually really liked the crinkled look on the toe box, reminded me of the old Huf SB (I think these might have been cooler if they actually went with a full cracked/aged leather look). The leather under the coating is actually a decent soft full grain leather too... not like the typical "patent" material Nike uses which is basically a thick unforgiving plastic (Gold top 3).

Definitely wouldn't pay resale, but they seem like a decent pair if won at retail.

20191024_155635.jpg

Back
Top Bottom