Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Well, the values of our collections are going to plummet severely when this pandemic causes the world's economies to go into recessions then depression.

Its' coming :emoji_cry:

Why do people care how much their collection is worth? Is that really the driving factor to keep collecting? Not just in Jordan circles, but other collecting groups I see people say, " I don't want X to re-release so the value doesn't drop. "

Screw the perceived value.

205E2ECC-DDB1-4593-8B37-81D2305B79B8.jpeg
I
I just copped the black pair recently. Will probably rock those for a while and then strip both so I can have a pair of breds and extra royals.

I want royal toes with the frag color block, the blue heel. These 2020 royal toes remind me too much of black/whites and royals. Obviously.

Do like the Royal Toes or the Game Royals that dropped in 2018 better?
Good question. I would be biased towards the royal toes. Game royals needed a white tongue imo. But I have regular royals, and I want frags, and remastered white/blacks.

Why do people care how much their collection is worth? Is that really the driving factor to keep collecting? Not just in Jordan circles, but other collecting groups I see people say, " I don't want X to re-release so the value doesn't drop. "

This

Your "collection" is worth less when your dead. What they're valued at is subjective at most. Enjoy them while your still here.....

Remember that opinion Gentry said, something like he didn't want the Nike Air Jordans to retro because collectors would not appreciate it or whatever. :lol: Now what, shut up :lol:.

100%. I think the issue with V1 was self-imposed because:

1.) Extremely few pairs were produced compared to the V2s

2.) Fakes of the V1s became extremely prevalent as a result of the previous point above

Don’t get me wrong, a 350 V1 retro would FLY but I think more people inherently have a greater attachment to the V2s because of its sheer availability .

Fixed

Meh most people saying poor mans unions don’t even have a pair.

in the end the argument is stupid. I see if someone said I have unions so imma pass on these similar esthetics being the reason.

but

to just be like oh those are lame poor man unions when you urself don’t have any is kinda off.

I mean don’t get me wrong I won’t buy the mocha 1’s coming out cause I have TS’1’s to me it is a poor man version since I have the what i think superior comparison.

if I had no TS’1s I be all over the mocha

and no I don’t mean poor in the literal since.

I own both Unions and I'm still gonna be trying for those Smoke Greys. I like the colorway. It might look similar to the Union design, but it's not a Union nor is it Union colors.

Disagree. If the Unions hadn't come out people would be really confused, and I would even go as far as say disgusted by these. The Unions themselves had tons of negative feedback until people changed their minds. With out the hype those created these would go on heavy discount.
You ever had unions in hand to comment on it or just speaking from pics? Never owned SBB's since people say that had the best leather, but the leather on unions is super soft to the touch. Beautiful quality with the stitching, cool design on the insoles..just the little things that make the shoe super unique even with the contrasting colors.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder how much extra cash we would all have if we weren’t into this hobby haha I think some of us are well into the six figures of sneaker spending over a decade or two (or maybe more) especially including pairs of shoes we’ve sold.
I think I'm nearing the 25k mark since 2017. Yea, probably would've had way more money saved up for a down payment on a house if I never got into shoes and supreme lol

big facts. scottie was drafted in 87 and didnt play well until the 91 season. jordan def made him better.

Buddy, I said that a few pages back and said he wasn't that "guy" coming out in the draft and wasn't that good yet (I said his coming out was the 91 season & playoffs vs Detroit) and got roasted by the masses. They said since he was drafted before Reggie Miller, KJ, etc, he was a good player. Sure, say that to the Chargers when they drafted Ryan Leaf 2nd and how did that turn out? Just because your drafted high doesn't equate to being a good player. It's how you take the talent they think you have and make it work on the playing field.

Dude, he was drafted #5 overall in 1987. Ahead of Reggie Miller, Horace Grant, Kevin Johnson, Mark Jackson...

It's not like he was chopped liver that they didn't know if he was going to pan out in the NBA, they expected him to be a big part of their program. He was an all-star in 89-90, his 3rd season in the league.

Being drafted high vs actually making it in the league are 2 TOTALLY different things. One can be drafted #1 and be a bust (I.e. Kwame Brown). Doesn't matter where your drafted. You have to take the talent you have and make the best of it and constantly improve (heck, I'm still waiting for Ben Simmons to take a dang jump shot in a game).

Yeah, he was #5 but didn't come in the league with guns blazing like CWebb or Penny did their rookie year. It took him years to get it in place and play well. I always say his breakout year was 1991 season vs Detroit. 89-90 was good (his 1st all-star game) but 90-91 was exceptional and really got people to notice him after the playoffs. But MJ did make him a better player. If anyone disagrees on that then they are in denial.

People find specialness and exclusivity in material objects.

Society reinforces the idea that if what you have is "value", you'll be treated better. And as we can see...it's true. :smh:

Last edited:
Being drafted high vs actually making it in the league are 2 TOTALLY different things. One can be drafted #1 and be a bust (I.e. Kwame Brown). Doesn't matter where your drafted. You have to take the talent you have and make the best of it and constantly improve (heck, I'm still waiting for Ben Simmons to take a dang jump shot in a game).

Yeah, he was #5 but didn't come in the league with guns blazing like CWebb or Penny did their rookie year. It took him years to get it in place and play well. I always say his breakout year was 1991 season vs Detroit. 89-90 was good (his 1st all-star game) but 90-91 was exceptional and really got people to notice him after the playoffs. But MJ did make him a better player. If anyone disagrees on that then they are in denial.

I never said MJ didnt make him better, but you guys act like he was the United Center janitor that got picked up during public try outs. He was drafted 5th for a reason. 6'8", athletic, long wingspan guy that could orchestrate the offense (point forward) and was an incredible defender.

That he wasn't "good" or didn't "play well" until 91 is bull**** - he was selected for the 89-90 All Star game! He started 56 games his sophomore year in the NBA in 88-89, the 2nd best player on a team that almost went to the NBA Finals. His 90-91 stats were only incrementally better than his 90 stats; 1.3ppg more, 1.2apg more, 0.7rpg more... and his steals and blocks actually went down from the 89-90 season.

I never said MJ didnt make him better, but you guys act like he was the United Center janitor that got picked up during public try outs. He was drafted 5th for a reason. 6'8", athletic, long wingspan guy that could orchestrate the offense (point forward) and was an incredible defender.

That he wasn't "good" or didn't "play well" until 91 is bull**** - he was selected for the 89-90 All Star game! He started 56 games his sophomore year in the NBA in 88-89, the 2nd best player on a team that almost went to the NBA Finals. His 90-91 stats were only incrementally better than his 90 stats; 1.3ppg more, 1.2apg more, 0.7rpg more... and his steals and blocks actually went down from the 89-90 season.

Ok, your words not mine. NEVER said he was a "janitor for the UC". But he didn't come into his own until 89-90. He had a lot of games where he played good, but he was young and getting used to the league. Playing decent vs becoming an all-star are two different things. Again he didn't play like gangbusters like someone like Penny did when he came in. He was good, but be honest, his stock rose A LOT after the 91 playoffs, especially his play vs Detroit and LA (his defense vs Magic especially).

Some of you just say that because he's a top-5 pick he's an automatic lock to be a budding superstar. Not necessarily. Has to translate the talent to the hardwood, which he did. It took time though. And I'm a HUGE Pip fan. Some do and some don't translate. Hell, we took Fultz #1 and how did that work out for us 76ers fans? Total BS pick! I'm still pissed at that pick!! He was NOT that talented. That is the perfect example of draft position vs actual talent doesn't match up.

You ever had unions in hand to comment on it or just speaking from pics? Never owned SBB's since people say that had the best leather, but the leather on unions is super soft to the touch. Beautiful quality with the stitching, cool design on the insoles..just the little things that make the shoe super unique even with the contrasting colors.

No I don't, but I'm not saying Unions are bad. I'm just solely speaking about the Union design in regards to the Smoke Greys. therefill therefill was saying that these Smoke Greys would be better received if the Unions hadn't released which I disagree with. If the Unions had never come out people would be really confused by this color blocking style and I would wager flaming it endlessly. The Unions had much better craftsmanship and materials than these and there was a big split among people at the beginning. IMO the only reason these Smoke Greys even have any appeal to people is because the Unions were so good and made their own unique look iconic.

Back
Top Bottom