Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I feel it. Like I said, I can totally understand not being a fan of these for people that aren’t big fans of all white (or mainly white I guess), or for those that like all white shoes, but don’t necessarily see anything special about these when compared to like an all white AF1, Dunk, or other model. And definitely for anyone in either of those camps, paying resell would be viewed as insanity, so I feel it.

As for whether or not these are in people’s top 5 or top 10s, I’d argue that these ARE at least in the top 10 for people that are particularly into OGs colorways, or should I say, people that view the OG colorways with a certain esteem. For me personally, top 10 1s, in no particular order, are the Chis, Blk/Reds, Royals, Shadows, UNCs, Kentucky’s (Storm Blues), Metallic Navy’s, Neutral Greys, Black/Whites, and Blk Toe with Black Tongue (like the PE that Jordan ACTUALLY wore and we’ve never actually got, not the White Tongue like we got). The only other OGs that dropped were some Metallics, and the Blk Toe w/ White Tongue. So there really were only like 14 OG Highs that dropped that were available (not counting samples and such) and I’d personally take ALL the OGs that dropped in ‘85 or ‘86 over any collab or newer color.

You’re wasting your time man. These clowns don’t know their heads from their asses at this point.

I absolutely agree and that was the point of my post. No matter how much sense his argument makes, you fools will butcher the convo.
One, I’m far from a fool. Two, the only thing butchered is the toebox of the ‘85 Retro. You can love them until the cows come home, the toebox will forever be ugly. I don’t even want Chicago’s in this form.

So lemme get this straight, KOs are trash, but the Balvins (that are also made of canvas) are a fire must have cop right??? Ight :rofl:

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I don’t think any one user has made those two claims, so you don’t seem to have it straight. You’re conflating different users opinions to create a strawman argument.

EFBAFE6E-CAEF-462B-9E76-54DDE4F3E178.jpeg

About to restore these for tomorrow. 2001
@ smokecitykicks

I’d personally take ALL the OGs that dropped in ‘85 or ‘86 over any collab or newer color.

I get that, and that’s why I respect your excitement for NGs.

But for me to get excited for a RETRO Jordan sneaker, Michael had to have done something memorable on the court wearing them (Last Shot 14s, for instance), or they had to be a sneaker I owned/wanted growing up. NGs are neither. 1s just weren’t very popular back in the day. So while I’ve grown to appreciate and love 1s in general, I have zero nostalgia of wanting NGs growing up, and zero nostalgia of Michael doing anything in them. And while certainly they’re clean, they’re missing everything that makes Jordan sneakers special IMO (unique design cues, bold colors).

Without having that nostalgia, I can appreciate a unique/bold/attractive collab or retro+ colorway that embody the essence of Jordan sneakers over a plain/boring OG colorway like NGs.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m mistaken, but I don’t think any one user has made those two claims, so you don’t seem to have it straight. You’re conflating different users opinions to create a strawman argument.

There once was a trash shoe that no one wanted, which ended up at outlets. Now some internet dweebs are beasting for them. End of story.

Balvins can’t be the worst since they’re better than boring Seinfeld style looking Neutral Greys.

Jordans are supposed to be bold, daring, interesting. Neutral Greys are better served for John Stockton or maybe a coach.

You don't even remember ya own posts :lol: :smh:

Yeah I dragged it a bit, but you still went for them (for your brother or whatever) and said they're interesting and better than the Neutral Greys lmao. I just want you to explain to me how KOs are trash yet the Balvin's are acceptable, especially if you own any of the KO colorways in its leather form :lol:

One is a hyped up collab, the other is an original colorway.

You don't even remember ya own posts :lol: :smh:

Yeah I dragged it a bit, but you still went for them (for your brother or whatever) and said they're interesting and better than the Neutral Greys lmao. I just want you to explain to me how KOs are trash yet the Balvin's are acceptable, especially if you own any of the KO colorways in its leather form :lol:

One is a hyped up collab, the other is an original colorway.

So, zero examples so far. You moved those goal posts mighty fast, my friend!

I’ve written a lot on the subject already. I’m not interested explaining it for the fifth time.

Last edited:
So you can't basically....it's ok :lol:

Neither are great to me. So if the choice is strictly between those two then at least Balvins are unique/interesting. Correction: I didn’t call Balvins must haves, so you using me as your example was not good.

Get it? I’ve written and explained this numerous times, and you even quoted me doing so, so brush up on your reading comprehension.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, how else is:

"There once was a trash shoe that no one wanted, which ended up at outlets. Now some internet dweebs are beasting for them. End of story." supposed to be interpreted? Right after a post where another member asked "What's the story on the KOs?" Are you telling me I pulled that quote out my ***?

I'm sorry, how else is:

"There once was a trash shoe that no one wanted, which ended up at outlets. Now some internet dweebs are beasting for them. End of story." supposed to be interpreted? Right after a post where another member asked "What's the story on the KOs?" Are you telling me I pulled that quote out my ***?

My bad. I got a bit mixed up, corrected my statement. I meant Neutral Grays aren’t trash. KOs are definitely trash. But as you’ve pointed out, I never called Balvins must haves, so I am still not a good example.

Last edited:
Why they made them I don’t know, the Chicago ajko’s were my first Jordan’s in the summer of 85. I was 14 and bought them not realizing they weren’t the real version MJ wore. Showed up to a camp and 2 people had the real deal, no joke had The ajko’s for a month and took them back and exchanged them. All they had in stock were the black/red’s so I settled for them and was glad I did. For ball my Freshman year got the Nuetral greys, I’ve got a pick somewhere I need to find. Wore both pair to the ground I’m sure, probably mowed yards in them. Not lying in early 87 I ordered Chicago 2’s from eastbay and during that summer I also found black toe 1’s at the mall on discount. They must have been shipping 1’s out everywhere to get rid of old stock because I’m in TN and we have always sucked the hind teet. But anyway I remember raking a muddy baseball field in the black toes and giving them to a younger guy afterwards. Wish I was smart enough to take care of all I had and keep but that’s not how it worked back then. But anyway that’s why the originals have a lot of nostalgia for me and maybe a few others on here that were around then.

Last edited:
Why they made them I don’t know, the Chicago ajko’s were my first Jordan’s in the summer of 85. I was 14 and bought them not realizing they weren’t the real version MJ wore. Showed up to a camp and 2 people had the real deal, no joke had The ajko’s for a month and took them back and exchanged them. All they had in stock were the black/red’s so I settled for them and was glad I did. For ball my Freshman year got the Nuetral greys, I’ve got a pick somewhere I need to find. Wore both pair to the ground I’m sure, probably mowed yards in them. Not lying in early 87 I ordered Chicago 2’s from eastbay and during that summer I also found black toe 1’s at the mall on discount. They must have been shipping 1’s out everywhere to get rid of old stock because I’m in TN and we have always sucked the hind teet. But anyway I remember racking a muddy baseball field in the black toes and giving them to a younger guy afterwards. Wish I was smart enough to take care of all I had and keep but that’s not how it worked back then. But anyway that’s why the originals have a lot of nostalGia for me and maybe a few others on here that were around then.
I thought I was old 😂

For s&g’s I entered the Finishline raffle for the volt/yellow/black toes that nobody likes , got Dang’ed

Back
Top Bottom