Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Speaking of 1s and 15s. December 27th might as well be called Rare Air Day, anyone see these in person?
1 (High) Sports Illustrated (2 Years)
1609048153921.png

1 (High) Fragment (7 Years)
1609048185549.png

XV Pine Green (20 Years)
1609048284252.jpeg

Not many pics out there of these lol

Last edited:
Have you seen them in person and held them in your hands? I bet the answer is no. You can hate them all you want and they can be the worst Jordan to YOU of all-time, but that certainly isn’t the case with the demand and the numbers. So you’re wrong.

Come on, sir. Balvin’s are bottom 3 in any other era that doesn’t revolve around reselling.

What about them? They’re not a generally hyped shoe, and they go barely above resell. You’re missing my point. Like I said, there have been flops, there will be more flops, and there would probably be more flops than hits, with that type of strategy. However, my point was let’s not act like it’s IMPOSSIBLE for Nike/JB to turn an “ugly” pair into something super hyped with high resell. You speak like it COULD NEVER HAPPEN. Let’s say hypothetically MJ joined the Big 3 for 1 season, wore those exact Doernbecher 15s every game, averaged 50pts per game, won the MVP and the title, and left the league. Those 15s would skyrocket. Marketing.
I simply answered your question about what you said...”But you’re also kidding yourself if you honestly don’t think JB/Nike couldn’t take a model that many would generally consider awful, and with their marketing GENIUS, make them hyped and with a high resell.”

The Doernbecher XV. They also tried to hype up the Air Jordan 25 with Jordan and Wade and it didn’t help. Where was their “marketing” there?

I simply answered your question about what you said...”But you’re also kidding yourself if you honestly don’t think JB/Nike couldn’t take a model that many would generally consider awful, and with their marketing GENIUS, make them hyped and with a high resell.”

The Doernbecher XV. They also tried to hype up the Air Jordan 25 with Jordan and Wade and it didn’t help. Where was their “marketing” there?
My statement didn’t say they could or do make ALL “ugly” models hyped and with high resell. I even said there’s probably more ugly non-hyped pairs than hyped. All I’m saying is do you think it’s POSSIBLE that Nike/JB could take a generally viewed “ugly” model and make it hyped with high resell, or do you think that’s IMPOSSIBLE, and Nike/JB could NEVER make an “ugly” pair hyped with high resell?

All I’m saying is do you think it’s POSSIBLE that Nike/JB could take a generally viewed “ugly” model and make it hyped with high resell, or do you think that’s IMPOSSIBLE, and Nike/JB could NEVER make an “ugly” pair hyped with high resell?
Anything is possible. I mean, Adidas got millions of people to buy the ugly Yeezy 350 and the first ones that looked like terrible Ugg boots. 🤷‍♂️

Anything is possible. I mean, Adidas got millions of people to buy the ugly Yeezy 350 and the first ones that looked like terrible Ugg boots. 🤷‍♂️
Exactly. Though I do kind of like the all black 750s. I’ve actually been THIS CLOSE from getting the FOG1 in the Triple Black color, as they’re like the Nike rendition of the 750s IMO, but ultimately I think both them and the 750s are a little too space boot-ish (or Ugg boot-ish in the case of the 750s) for my personal style. Look good on others IMO, but I don’t think would look good on me. I’ll stick to my Dunks and Js.

Back
Top Bottom