Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

I swear JB could retro both of these shoes bi-yearly & I would cop every release.
🖤🤍

BAA4B1D4-D086-47D4-923A-7430D73677AE.jpeg

Happy Holidays.... 🎄

Each with a High production release every 5 years and stagger the top 5 og’s so we get one of them each year.

3god 3god part of what makes diors so awesome is the simplicity. i agree the clear sole is not good.

on another note, i just wanna say unc2chi is criminally underrated in terms of quality AND colorway. ppl are gonna beast over those so hard once they realize they slept

Most definitely. Leather feels so nice on those.

on another note, i just wanna say unc2chi is criminally underrated in terms of quality AND colorway. ppl are gonna beast over those so hard once they realize they slept
I can’t speak on the quality, though they do LOOK pretty damn good quality, so I’ll take your word for it. Based on the quality alone, if they really are all that in terms of quality, then I’d agree with you that they might be highly sought after in the future for that reason specifically. As for their colorway/color blocking, and the idea that that’s the specific reason as to why people are gonna “beast” over them in the future, I personally doubt it. IMO they’ll always be viewed by most as the “not quite” Top 3s, and I personally don’t even like the Top 3s. Even if their quality is VASTLY superior to that of the Top 3s, the Top 3s have the advantage of coming out first, using the mismatched color blocking (which I’m not a fan of, but has become popular, and the shoe will always be tied to the use of that trend of that time), and while I’m not a big fan of BIG SECTIONS (unlike small hits like on the True Blue 3s) of any shades of red, black, and blue all being on one single shoe, I think the UNC2Chis would be generally viewed as more attractive if they used Royal Blue, as opposed to the UNC Blue. If I had to choose one, I’d pick the UNC2Chi over the Top 3s ten times outta ten (I don’t do mismatched 1s at all), but outside of the idea that the quality is one day revered similar to SBB quality, I think the reasons I laid out are why they’ll never really get that hyped or “beasted” over.

I’ve been seeing Court Purples a lot lately, they look good on foot. Those light purple laces have definitely grown on me. I probably won’t UNDS them until my LA to Chi are beat up. At this rate, that won’t be until 2024 or later.

I’ve been seeing Court Purples a lot lately, they look good on foot. Those light purple laces have definitely grown on me. I probably won’t UNDS them until my LA to Chi are beat up. At this rate, that won’t be until 2024 or later.
Haha. Same. My Court Purples (2.0s) are probably gonna collect all the dust for a while, as they’re not getting picked over my LAtoChis ever. One day they’ll see the light of day.

Why they made them I don’t know, the Chicago ajko’s were my first Jordan’s in the summer of 85. I was 14 and bought them not realizing they weren’t the real version MJ wore. Showed up to a camp and 2 people had the real deal, no joke had The ajko’s for a month and took them back and exchanged them. All they had in stock were the black/red’s so I settled for them and was glad I did. For ball my Freshman year got the Nuetral greys, I’ve got a pick somewhere I need to find. Wore both pair to the ground I’m sure, probably mowed yards in them. Not lying in early 87 I ordered Chicago 2’s from eastbay and during that summer I also found black toe 1’s at the mall on discount. They must have been shipping 1’s out everywhere to get rid of old stock because I’m in TN and we have always sucked the hind teet. But anyway I remember raking a muddy baseball field in the black toes and giving them to a younger guy afterwards. Wish I was smart enough to take care of all I had and keep but that’s not how it worked back then. But anyway that’s why the originals have a lot of nostalgia for me and maybe a few others on here that were around then.
Haha the hind teat! That must have been a great era. Did you also play video games? I wish I was older to have enjoyed that era of gaming.

Back
Top Bottom