• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
We calling custom made replicas 1:1 now? :nerd:
What are we calling the currently produced 85s. They are far from 1:1.

The reps appear to be the closest thing to it.

I'm not even the guy that needs 85s. I'm just saying if the better product is the Vibes, I'm not turning my nose up at them or anyone that buys that.

Dudes will buy those evil Knievel joints posted earlier and swear they are better than the person who buys what they like because they can.

Dudes will buy those evil Knievel joints posted earlier and swear they are better than the person who buys what they like because they can.

Yeah I don’t even really get the contention here. The childish “broke boi””you aren’t a real sneaker head” typical rep arguments don’t really apply here. If you’ve got a moral stance against it, fine I can understand that. But at a base folks who are buying these are buying it off the fact that they’re a better product. worse quality jordan 1s resell for the same price or more.

Yeah I don’t even really get the contention here. The childish “broke boi””you aren’t a real sneaker head” typical rep arguments don’t really apply here. If you’ve got a moral stance against it, fine I can understand that. But at a base folks who are buying these are buying it off the fact that they’re a better product. worse quality jordan 1s resell for the same price or more.

How are people even so sure it's a better product? Sure, the shape looks good, but the leather and other materials could very well be the same leather and material that's sourced for replicas. Think about this, how you think they got the outsoles?

The $600 price tag could disillusion people to feel like it's a better quality shoe. When they get the shoes in hand the will think "well it's expensive, so it must be better." When the truth to the steep $600 price tag could probably just be for the shape and labor and not materials - since it's a one man operation?

Last edited:
How are people even so sure it's a better product? Sure, the shape looks good, but the leather and other materials could very well be the same leather and material that's sourced for replicas. Think about this, how you think they got the outsoles?

The $600 price tag could disillusion people to feel like it's a better quality shoe. When they get the shoes in hand the will think "well it's expensive, so it must be better." When the truth to the steep $600 price tag could probably just be for the shape and labor and not materials - since it's a one man operation?

Plenty of reviews on YouTube

Post some 1s mane.. y'all still crying two days later because people are calling reps, reps.

Here. Last pair of 1s I got is the reverse mochas.
6739E483-2BBC-41A9-89D2-F65835711722.jpeg

Plenty of reviews on YouTube

I've watched some of the reviews. In one review the guy says that Vibe Remake Lab said the leather used was the "finest cow leather". Uh... OK? :emoji_confused:

Like I said, the leather used could very well be the same leather used on replicas. How do you think the guy is getting the outsoles to make these shoes? It's most likely from the same place other replicas are made. Wouldn't logical reasoning lead one to deduce that the rest of the materials used would be from the same source too?

Majority of the reviews tend to just praise the shape, and I give them that, it's a very nice shape. But like I said, that $600 upcharge you're paying for is most likely for the shape and labor, not material quality. So to say these are better quality than the good grade replicas is a reach imo when the materials used most likely come from the same source.

Last edited:
I've watched some of the reviews. In one review the guy says that Vibe Remake Lab said the leather used was the "finest cow leather". Uh... OK? :emoji_confused:

Like I said, the leather used could very well be the same leather used on replicas. How do you think the guy is getting the outsoles to make these shoes? It's most likely from the same place other replicas are made. Wouldn't logical reasoning lead one to deduce that the rest of the materials used would be from the same source too?

Majority of the reviews tend to just praise the shape, and I give them that, it's a very nice shape. But like I said, that $600 upcharge you're paying for is most likely for the shape and labor, not material quality. So to say these are better quality than the good grade replicas is a reach imo when they most likely come from the same source.

I’ll be picking up a pair at some point. When they come in I’ll let the thread know they stack up to the standard jordan 1s. From quality to construction. I’ll only be able to take people word for it until I try it myself. I’m willing to take the plunge to find out

I’ll be picking up a pair at some point. When they come in I’ll let the thread know they stack up to the standard jordan 1s. From quality to construction. I’ll only be able to take people word for it until I try it myself. I’m willing to take the plunge to find out

I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd bet that if you send that YouTuber Rose Anvil, who cuts up sneakers and analyzes the build, a pair of good replicas and this $600 VRL Jordan 1, you'll get very similar results regarding the material quality.

I'd also like to add, all replicas are "handmade" too. So that really isn't a huge deal.

With the way this guy is making these different colors and at the pace he's making them at, I might be reaching by saying this but at the same time it's not that far-fetched, this could very well be a replica operation branding themselves with a VIBEREMAKELAB moniker marketing themselves to be a small operation. Like you guys have said, there's a niche market for these 85 Jordans, so they might as well make extra money by up-charging people who are willing to pay more.

Look at these sort of QC pics for the $600 VRL Jordans, looks just like the pictures replica factories send to people:

Here's this guy's new account on reddit fishing for Karma to be able to post to subs - similar to replica seller accounts:

And this comment on IG, I can't say I'm surprised as it'll probably ruin the allure of it being a small independent operation when you see it's probably just like the factory that churns out other replicas rather than a guy in his garage handmaking these :nerd:
vrl.png

Last edited:
I'm not a betting man, but if I were I'd bet that if you send that YouTuber Rose Anvil, who cuts up sneakers and analyzes the build, a pair of good replicas and this $600 VRL Jordan 1, you'll get very similar results regarding the material quality.

That could very well be the case, but as the consumer I wouldn’t have to X-ray the guys of the shoe objectively determine whether or not it better than the average rep or standard jordan 1 release. I’m willing to find out

I'd also like to add, all replicas are "handmade" too. So that really isn't a huge deal.

With the way this guy is making these different colors and at the pace he's making them at, I might be reaching by saying this but at the same time it's not that far-fetched, this could very well be a replica operation branding themselves with a VIBEREMAKELAB moniker marketing themselves to be a small operation. Like you guys have said, there's a niche market for these 85 Jordans, so they might as well make extra money by up-charging people who are willing to pay more.

Look at these sort of QC pics for the $600 VRL Jordans, looks just like the pictures replica factories send to people:

Here's this guy's new account on reddit fishing for Karma to be able to post to subs - similar to replica seller accounts:

And this comment on IG, I can't say I'm surprised as it'll probably ruin the allure of it being a small independent operation when you see it's probably just like the factory that churns out other replicas rather than a guy in his garage handmaking these :nerd:
vrl.png

Too be clear, the “hand made” aspect is probably a gimmick and personally not something that sells it for me. It likely is a factory situation going on. But if they’re as good as folks say they are than I’m okay with that. Mochas 1s go for like $550 now, I’d rather spend $600 on these and be impressed than drop $550 on the mochas (which I own and am not impressed by even though they’re a dope color).

If there is a market for $600 reps that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s, there is a market for $600 authentic Jordan 1s that look like OG 1985 Jordan 1s.

I’d rather have this than the crap they’re selling us for <$200 right now.

I wouldn’t mind spending extra money if we got a premium retro with real leather. The materials they’re using now is garbage and I find it hilarious when people talk about “quality leather/materials” on these gr releases they’re currently giving us.

You got people spending $200-$400 on some Don basketball shorts in the M&N thread with the same materials as the authentic shorts. People would definitely pay $400-$600 for some retros with A1 materials

I wouldn’t mind spending extra money if we got a premium retro with real leather. The materials they’re using now is garbage and I find it hilarious when people talk about “quality leather/materials” on these gr releases they’re currently giving us.

You got people spending $200-$400 on some Don basketball shorts in the M&N thread with the same materials as the authentic shorts. People would definitely pay $400-$600 for some retros with A1 materials
Just Dons gotta be one of the biggest scams ever. Props to him for getting it off tho. They were pushing blanks a while back 🤦🏾‍♂️.

vrl.png

These photo Qc aren’t from the factory. They’re from third party reshippers aka agent that send to end buyers. Hence why they look the same as every other rep.

Dayem, how much Nike u gotta buy for them to deck u out like that.

I think my join date says 2000. Spent plenty with them over the years. I think those went out to those of us who bought the launch color of 36 on the first day. None of us can figure out why we got chosen. Only thing I can guess is that it was because I've bought every launch color through Nike directly since maybe the 30?

Back
Top Bottom