Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I sold my supreme SB lows and furnished most of my apartment with that $$ when I moved into my first spot lmao
I can't tell you how many times I've unloaded **** to offset cost of something else. It's truly part of my lifestyle.

I'm fortunate that my wife is understanding about my collecting. I currently have a dedicated sneaker room and I don't know if many partners would put up with that.

Yeah it’s MUCH easier to keep sneakers as a hobby when you don’t have kids. Even the money aspect aside, even just the storage aspect of having a large collection is something a lot of ppl can’t spare in their homes or even storage spaces.
I can't tell you how many times I've unloaded **** to offset cost of something else. It's truly part of my lifestyle.

I'm fortunate that my wife is understanding about my collecting. I currently have a dedicated sneaker room and I don't know if many partners would put up with that.
The storage is gettin me now :lol:. Although, my wife is understanding, to a degree 😮‍💨😅

For a lotta folk sneakers are a cool thing when you're young, living at home, got your first job, and got money to blow. 17-20something year olds. Responsibilities catch up quick and ppl grow out of it. Friends of mine deep in the game when we were in hs & college could care less about sneakers now.

When i was younger i was in heavy. it died down considerably towards the end of college and the beginning of my professional life for a variety of reasons. At one point i was down to like 10 pairs of sneakers that rarely got worn. once i was a bit more established, bought a home, settled in with my then GF, now wife, It started to pick up again. Id still say i dont care as much as i used too but im definitely further back into it now thatn when i was in my mid 20s fresh out of college. a lot of that has to do with more disposable income. my wife, daughter, and dog are taken care of first and then my various hobbies get fulfilled. thankful that my wife and i have solid steady jobs

IMG_5590.jpeg

$105 across all sizes. I bought a pear.

Very expensive.

given your history in the thread on frugality, i'm surprised you didn't steal a pair find a way to get them for free

Widescreen shots of said sneaker room?

Yeah it’s MUCH easier to keep sneakers as a hobby when you don’t have kids. Even the money aspect aside, even just the storage aspect of having a large collection is something a lot of ppl can’t spare in their homes or even storage spaces.
This describes it perfectly for me. When we converted a spare room for our 2nd child, I started making the decision to get rid of shoe boxes for a shelf once I moved my shoes out of there. It “only” holds about 30-40 pairs, so there are also stacks of shoes still in boxes in our small closest. It’s like playing Jenga when I rotate pairs out.

As far as my wife knows, I stopped collecting sneakers two years ago.

I'vd just vowed to never need a storage unit at this point.

Having a sneaker room means I can't have a man cave and I guess I'm good with that.

As far as my wife knows, I stopped collecting sneakers two years ago.
I can’t/won’t do a storage unit either, but I don’t have sneaker room space, yet :lol:.

My wife can’t keep up/tell the difference between my new and old kicks, most of the time. She’ll mention a pair lookin nice and ask if they’re new, I just hit her with

giphy.gif

Haha that's why I laugh at those memes..."Final Boss" isn't the FedEx or UPS guy!

No sir...it's getting home from work to unbox and flatten the cardboard into the recycling bin before the wife gets the package. If you're lucky you might be able to try them on or snap a quick pic. 😂

years of running home after school to erase the message my teacher left on the answering machine was practice… WE WERE BUILT FOR THIS

Back
Top Bottom