Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I can't tell you how many times I've unloaded **** to offset cost of something else. It's truly part of my lifestyle.

I'm fortunate that my wife is understanding about my collecting. I currently have a dedicated sneaker room and I don't know if many partners would put up with that.
Same.

Haha that's why I laugh at those memes..."Final Boss" isn't the FedEx or UPS guy!

No sir...it's getting home from work to unbox and flatten the cardboard into the recycling bin before the wife gets the package. If you're lucky you might be able to try them on or snap a quick pic. 😂
I've been there before 🤣 but she doesn't care anymore for long time now.

#ntsuportgroup

On topic tho …definitely had these for years and that’s why they look like they’re falling apart

IMG_9874.jpeg

We’re witnessing the true decline of JB.

What a time.

For a very long time Jordan Brand benefited from the generation who followed us Gen-X’ers who witnessed Money play in his entirety. Millennial’s were just old enough to watch Jordan play, but not old enough to remember specifics of the early models. Us Gen-X’ers were the sticklers who were the loud minority when retros weren’t accurate. The Jumpman being on the heal is literally all some collectors know and couldn’t care less about Nike Air branding. That’s the generation that helped Jordan Brand grow to the level it is today.

Gen Z doesn’t have the same connection to Jordan’s and those who do or did purchase them only did so because it was the trend. The connection most likely is because it’s something they saw Millennial's wearing, so the life of the brand extended longer successfully than it probably should have.

Combine that with Nike cutting out third party retailers, Mom & Pop shops, whoring out models (this is something they have always done), and creating their direct to consumer pipeline. This is where JB is currently at and it’s probably going to get a lot worse for them. They are literally throwing the kitchen sink at us in 2025 and it probably won’t make any difference.

For us older collectors, it’s a great time to be alive, but let’s keep it 💯, the brand doesn’t care about us and never will.

I think people are overstating things, because each decade JB/Nike has had a down period.
Retail prices on retros have been going up more than inflation has though. JB are producing more products but have been slapping consumers with high retail prices (I suppose as part of a strategy to cut out resellers) and people are reacting accordingly.

The fact that we’re at a point where 85 Breds are rumored to cost $250 retail is insane.

Retail prices on retros have been going up more than inflation has though. JB are producing more products but have been slapping consumers with high retail prices (I suppose as part of a strategy to cut out resellers) and people are reacting accordingly.

The fact that we’re at a point where 85 Breds are rumored to cost $250 retail is insane.

Prices have always gone up.

Back in 2014 prices were what, $120. They went up to $160 and that didn't stop people from buying them up. Much less people buying resell routinely for over $300.

You dudes complain more about Nike and JB prices than you do food prices.

If people don't want to pay $250, don't buy them. Lost and Founds sold out and were going for $300 plus, and you don't think Nike as a business doesn't see that and isn't going to incorporate some of that into their pricing?

Weird as hell how dudes have no problem with StockX, GOAT and all these resell shops profiting off zero work.

Some of you should never open a business, because you think only from a consumer end.

One day someone will really have to explain to me where all these below retail before release pairs are coming from.

We went from dudes paying literally hundreds of dollars over retail before release to it not even being worth waking up on release date anymore in a matter of years.

I get that Nike is making way more pairs now than they were back in 2016-2020 but who is letting this stock to in massive numbers below retail before the release even happens? I wanna say these are backdoored pairs but that doesn't even make sense from a retail perspective.
FTL is a small part, but remember they own GOAT. I wouldn’t be surprised if they put the pairs up there themselves to make them readily available for informed consumers.
The people still buying shoes are the ones who truly loved it to begin with.
Still gotta weed through the crowd due to resell culture.

I don’t want to go as far and say they have a huge influence on what’s hot and what’s not, but I know for sure people only buy from them when it comes to shoes so they can to a sense curate a style.

I mean I resell as well, but I’m not one of the big ones here in Houston. Far from it.

Prices have always gone up.

Back in 2014 prices were what, $120. They went up to $160 and that didn't stop people from buying them up. Much less people buying resell routinely for over $300.

You dudes complain more about Nike and JB prices than you do food prices.

If people don't want to pay $250, don't buy them. Lost and Founds sold out and were going for $300 plus, and you don't think Nike as a business doesn't see that and isn't going to incorporate some of that into their pricing?

Weird as hell how dudes have no problem with StockX, GOAT and all these resell shops profiting off zero work.

Some of you should never open a business, because you think only from a consumer end.
This might be shocking to you but, believe it or not, we’re all consumers lol

Honestly, unless you are a Nike/JB shareholder, none of us as consumers benefit from retail price increases so why should we be okay with it?

Folks acting like Jordan 1s are going the way of the Dodo bird, seem to forget that regular old Chuck Taylors have been around since the 20s.

knowing who Chuck Taylor was has nothing to do with the enduring popularity of that shoe. Converse as an independently owned company doesn’t even exist anymore.

The popularity of the Jordan 1 will most likely outlive the memory of the man himself. JB may eventually drive themselves out of business, but a perfect shoe never dies.

It merely takes a break from popular culture and then circles back around again.

Back
Top Bottom