Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
When I first started getting into jordan's around 06 I didn't have purchasing power, but the couple pairs I was able to get was bc they were on sale. Didn't most of the wave of retro+ colorways hit sale back in the mid-00s, too? Mocha 3, olive/burgundy/green bean/stealth 5, DTRT 3, forest green 14 (which my dad bought for me on sale), ceramic/chambray/citrus 7...don't need to name every single one of them. Lord knows jordan 1s weren't worthy wiping your *** with between 2002-2013. What makes that time different from now?

Not really. It may hit nostalgia for us older folk, but it hasn’t been moving the needle for the younger crowd. Working at the middle school/high school, you see some but they aren’t as widely seen as they were even a decade ago.

Not really. It may hit nostalgia for us older folk, but it hasn’t been moving the needle for the younger crowd. Working at the middle school/high school, you see some but they aren’t as widely seen as they were even a decade ago.
If we’re speaking on the younger crowd or just the average consumer gravitating to other shoe brands, I honestly just think it’s a trend. A bigger trend than when Yeezy brand and Boost technology first came about.

Granted, I’m not in schools. But working for Shoe Palace(at least an outlet location) I’ve seen what would sell and what wouldn’t, based on the inventory we had.

I missed the whole Covid/Last Dance era of sneakers but I feel like it’ll only return to those heights once the inevitable and the unfortunate happens, which would be MJ’s passing. And that’s when the brand as a whole will change and transform.

That younger generation is what’s going to be carried over as they age. That’s just not got to flip.

That COVID/Last Dance era was stimulus check fueled. That’s not happening again.

Yeah. I Have a lil brother that's Gen Z and another that's Gen Alpha. They like some Jordans and I'm pretty sure it's because of me, but they're very picky on which ones. If it's not 1s, 4s, or 11s, their generations do not care.
That’s most people in my eyes because of the resell culture once again.

If a shoe isn’t going over X amount of dollars on the apps, it’s just simply less desirable.

Doesn’t matter the Jordan silhouette.

1s and 4s are the hottest shoes I see around the neighborhood and at the gym on like 15-20 year olds

I definitely point fingers at stockx and goat for driving shoes as desirable monetary objects vs style/sentiment pieces. And **** like sneaker shopping or whatever that "show" is. People look at stockx/goat like they're actual retailers. People look at shoes and only see dollar signs. Ignorant plebeians they are

1722867445166.png

Think y’all are underestimating the brand power of Jordan Brand a bit.
Yeah... A few down years for JB/Nike would be career years for these other companies. Cats aren't used to being able to get their Jordans hassle-free so they're incorrectly attributing ease of purchase to Jordan Brand failing. :lol:

Last edited:
1s and 4s are the hottest shoes I see around the neighborhood and at the gym on like 15-20 year olds

I definitely point fingers at stockx and goat for driving shoes as desirable monetary objects vs style/sentiment pieces. And **** like sneaker shopping or whatever that "show" is. People look at stockx/goat like they're actual retailers. People look at shoes and only see dollar signs. Ignorant plebeians they are

This mindset is wild. I've seen people in my local pull out their phones and check Stockx before they buy a shoe "to see how much it's worth." I witnessed a dude bring a shoe up to the counter and ask how much it was. Manager said "I think $X, but the tag should be on there." Guy said "I know the tag says $X, but how much are YOU charging for it?" I was dumbfounded. Manager had to explain the concept of a retail store to the guy. :rofl:

I still think the fact that the JB signature line basically died with MJs career is a major problem. Combined with how nobody cares about any other Jordan signature athlete shoe. How they gonna live on retros forever lol

I still think the fact that the JB signature line basically died with MJs career is a major problem. Combined with how nobody cares about any other Jordan signature athlete shoe. How they gonna live on retros forever lol

I think the flagship signature Jordan is still a staple for people actually playing basketball every year, though the 39 has not had good review that I've seen. More of an issue of the tech/flagship shoes not crossing over into the lifestyle stuff that people actually wear day to day. So the nostalgia/fashion/casual market fluctuates and cycles like crazy instead of really progressing like performance/tech should.

Plus the market is much more diluted than it was in the 80s/90s. Even within JB/Nike, there are a dozen signature lines with their own flagship and takedown models, plus Adidas and everyone from NB to Anta to Skechers have high profile signature athletes, and many times with very competitive technology and, at many times, better pricing.

Nike/JB are still the top dogs, but there are just soooooo many options.

That’s still a much older playing crowd though. You don’t see the newest Jordan signature on younger kids playing. I coach and work at the middle/high school level. I’ve hardly seen any on the court.

Jordan Brand does really well outside of retros sales wise.

That’s still a much older playing crowd though. You don’t see the newest Jordan signature on younger kids playing. I coach and work at the middle/high school level. I’ve hardly seen any on the court.

The $200 price tag of the newest flagship signature Jordan and Lebron probably have something to do with that too. For basketball I'm typically buying last year's model at a significant discount. But a new Freak/Ja/AE at $110-$140 is probably more attractive to a kid (and their parents) than a $200 Jordan 39, or a 38 or 37 for less.

The $200 price tag of the newest flagship signature Jordan and Lebron probably have something to do with that too. For basketball I'm typically buying last year's model at a significant discount. But a new Freak/Ja/AE at $110-$140 is probably more attractive to a kid (and their parents) than a $200 Jordan 39, or a 38 or 37 for less.
Even with the sales, still barely seeing them on court. I’m with you going back and buying the last years pair on sale.

Jordan apparel is prob some crazy margins. Tees and sweats and shorts are cash cows

To echo above, the 36 and 31 are some of my fav shoes I've played in.

According to who?
I honestly can’t find the article nor social media post at the moment, but I remember them saying that the hybrid line(there was a specific term used for it) makes close to like a third of Jordan Brand’s revenue.

Back
Top Bottom