Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Ok a third was a stretch, but here it is.

This is your source? :stoneface:

Screenshot_20240805-130949~2.png

Rumors of JB's demise has been greatly exaggerated. The resale market has gone down but that's for all major shoe brands.

Where did you get this chart from?

does that include the rise in price too from 2016 to present. Or the raise from 2 retroes a month to almost one every weekend which seems to be catching up to them now. Or how much of those sales were at full msrp vs sale, considering Nike seems to have upped the number of their sale events per year (not to mention other stores sales).

Was in an HOH today and damn near every Jordan had a sale tag minus the Olympic 6s.

Again guys a "slump" for Nike/JB is a personal best for other companies. I don't think you guys are grasping just how far ahead of the competition they are in regards to revenue. Also, seeing sales and shoes on the shelves doesn't mean the company is in financial despair. Adidas and New Balances have been sitting on shelves my entire life and they've been successful that entire time span. Most of JB retros sell out eventually, some just take much longer than others.

Stop quoting from the public shareholders call guys! Better yet call the SEC and tell them there’s no way Nike sold a billion dollars of trash shoes worldwide last year.

lol I have zero issue with things hitting sales racks and shoes being attainable (as a sz 13 wearer, I’ve been able to enjoy the hobby more), but I’m also not going to act like they’re not over saturating retail during this “slump”. They’re are some models that need to be put away for a bit.

Those sources ain’t it bro, respectfully K Kierris

Just cause a website has fancy charts and says a few things about a company’s revenue, doesn’t make them a credible source.

I checked the “about us” on the first link and it’s a bunch of random cats :stoneface:

It’s a crime to lie about sales to shareholders. All of this info is available in the official reports every quarter and submitted to the SEC.

Tim Cook took a $200M fine for lying about what sales were actually like in China on an earnings call. And that wasn’t even put in writing or given an exact figure.

Don’t think anyone is actually say JB is dead though. I think it’s fair to say they’ve taken a little bit of a hit.

Don’t think anyone is actually say JB is dead though. I think it’s fair to say they’ve taken a little bit of a hit.
Taking a hit when your sales are double what they were 3 years ago is laughable in the grand scheme, especially when we’re talking billions in a market that is expanding.

People need to parse out profitable business and small growth vs Wall St deeming companies losers for not seeing 20-30% growth on billions in revenue. Sinking stock prices often have zero correlation to market position or revenue which seems to confuse a lot of dudes around here.

H headdetective it's all good bro. I just think y'all are blowing the "JB is dead" narrative out of proportion.
In fairness, back in the early 80s I doubt that Adidas and Converse thought there was any realistic scenario where Nike basketball would be the alpha dog of the industry just ten years later.

No company is too big to fail.

In fairness, back in the early 80s I doubt that Adidas and Converse thought there was any realistic scenario where Nike basketball would be the alpha dog of the industry just ten years later.

No company is too big to fail.
No one said this was the case.

Back
Top Bottom