Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
They also just laid off 1600 ppl in February to cut costs. Is that to be ignored or is that something?
Honestly, I’m so glad they’re hurting financially in terms of growth since we’re actually getting retros going for under retail BEFORE release which is honestly awesome. Hopefully this continues and they are forced to lower retail prices on retros or at least stop the retail price increases in order to increase sales of retro products.

Do y'all agree?

Edit: I think they're wylin... Rookie of the years are way better than the mochas to me. They should switch spots.

I know I’ll get flamed for saying this, but you could make an argument that the Bred Toes look even cooler than the Banneds.

Something about that white quarter section just sets it off.

And the Banneds are my favorite shoe of all time.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying Nike or JB is on death’s doorstep. We are simply saying that they have been trending in the wrong direction for awhile now. Their investors are echoing that same sentiment. As consumers we all can see it, but please continue to post charts.

Again, this isn’t specific to Nike. You can look at what’s selling for Adidas, and even NB, ASICS, and Saucony and they’re all moving retro models way more than new product. The only companies succeeding with truly new products are Hoka, ON and Solomon. And when you look at market share they’ve barely chipped single digits off.

But no, 70’s Adidas doesn’t resemble 2020’s Nike outside of market share.
You’re wrong bro.

I’ve seen the future of sneakers.

My buddy Dave Fowler has been designing his own **** in his basement for years. He even offered to let Nike buy one of his most innovative prototypes a couple years ago and they laughed him out of the room.

…their loss.

IMG_1863.jpeg

I know I’ll get flamed for saying this, but you could make an argument that the Bred Toes looker even cooler than the Banneds.

I agree... Also they need to take the top 3s off of here. Never liked those.

Nobody is saying Nike or JB is on death’s doorstep. We are simply saying that they have been trending in the wrong direction for awhile now. Their investors are echoing that same sentiment. As consumers we all can see it, but please continue to post charts.
There is a poster who literally stated JB is dead which is why we keep saying that but maybe he was speaking in hyperbole. Also we're saying that no matter how bad y'all think they are doing, they are still and will continue to be number 1 for the foreseeable future. Nike is valued at 106 billion and the next closest competitor is at 43 billion... Nike will be ok guys lol

I know I’ll get flamed for saying this, but you could make an argument that the Bred Toes look even cooler than the Banneds.

This reminds me that I need to dump my extra DS pair of Bred Toes before Nike/JB announce they are retroing them.

Can’t be left holding the bag as I’m sure the resale will inevitably tank when that happens lol

There is a poster who literally stated JB is dead which is why we keep saying that but maybe he was speaking in hyperbole. Also we're saying that no matter how bad y'all think they are doing, they are still and will continue to be number 1 for the foreseeable future. Nike is valued at 106 billion and the next closest competitor is at 43 billion... Nike will be ok guys lol
It also doesn’t help that Adidas is completely trash now that Ye stopped doing community service for the brand… Yeezy was keeping them relevant to the US market but now that ship has also sailed. Hell, Adidas even started taking Ls in Europe with losing the Germany soccer deal lol

Their entire FOG collab was a complete failure, they completely flooded the Samba market and killed any semblance of hype, and now they got Ant providing a stimulus package to the brand with his line lol

we're over-intellectualizing the current state of jordan brand and over thinking sales reports..

i dont care for what numbers nike is doing as long as i can continue getting these jordan 1s far below MSRP
I think a good amount of dudes on here own Nike stock so they are quite literally invested in how well the company is doing lol

As a consumer, times like these where Nike/JB are struggling with growth absolutely benefit us. Seeing 85 highs going for 50% off retail would have been unheard of 2 years ago.

How often are 85s released?

We gotta see 80 throwaway colorways of OG highs before we get an 85.

The OG classics will always sell relatively well.

It’s the **** load of garbage colorways that will eventually drown JB.
I think the company is simply in a creative rut rn-idk why else we would be getting so many classics and “grails” from both Nike and JB. Probably a lot of this was caused by pandemic reselling driving up resale prices and Nike/JB rushing to flood the market and raise retail prices so they aren’t leaving money on the table after all the “SNKRs Sadderdays” people were having in 2020-2021. Now demand is down since people aren’t getting free money from the government for doing nothing and the market is flooded with retro products. It’s actually kind of hilarious now Nike/JB ostensibly thought demand would just continue growing uninterrupted. Even funnier, now Adidas/Yeezy aren’t even a competitive factor anymore.

Anyways, I’m super curious to see how this “throw the kitchen sink at ‘em” approach works next year. If you told me 3-4 years ago we would get retros of Wu-Tang Dunks, UNDFTD 4s, 85 Breds, and Galaxy Foams releasing within a 12 month span, I would have laughed at you.

You also forgot to add black metallic 5s, grape 5s, aqua 8s, steel 10s, bred 11 lows (like mj’s pair) and white cement 4s to that. As well as UNC 1s (all be it reimagined).

That’s just January through the end of summer. They are trying to unload next year.

Last edited:
You also forgot to add black metallic 5s, grape 5s, aqua 8s, steel 10s, bred 11 lows (like mj’s pair) and white cement 4s to that. As well as UNC 1s (all be it reimagined).

That’s just January through the end of summer. They are trying to unload next year.
Yeah I just mentioned those specific pairs since, aside from the Bred 85, a lot of us expected many if not all of those releases to never retro. I expected SBB 1.0s to retro (as I do Mochas eventually) but the others are a massive surprise, esp UNDFTD 4s.

At this rate, we could be getting Pigeon and Tiffany SB dunk lows, Off-White AJ 1 Chicago and Canary Yellow Highs, and possibly even Air Yeezy 2s soon enough…

But I remember 2015 when J's were cooled off. Adidas and Yeezy was taking flight, and shoes like the true blues and aqua 8's were sitting. I had bros telling me that they were done with Jordans and everything. Sub out Yeezy for New Balance and we are right back where we were 10 years ago. Everything is in waves. JB/Nike will be back on top

God forbid its anytime soon, but whenever MJ passes away (hopefully a long time from now) all these OG retros are gonna break the bank. You thought last dance drove up value? Man people are gonna regret passing on some of these OG's that are sitting

God forbid its anytime soon, but whenever MJ passes away (hopefully a long time from now) all these OG retros are gonna break the bank. You thought last dance drove up value? Man people are gonna regret passing on some of these OG's that are sitting
Yep, when MJ dies, the media will cover it nonstop and basically almost every celeb will be posting remembrances often while wearing their Js on their social media. Meanwhile everything from Spizikes to Jordan 1 Mids will inevitably sellout.

Those of us with excess DS pairs will inevitably feast on the resale market at this time lol

Yep, when MJ dies, the media will cover it nonstop and basically almost every celeb will be posting remembrances often while wearing their Js on their social media. Meanwhile everything from Spizikes to Jordan 1 Mids will inevitably sellout.

Those of us with excess DS pairs will inevitably feast on the resale market at this time lol
Are you actually talking about goat dying so you can make a few bucks on resell market 🤦‍♂️

Are you actually talking about goat dying so you can make a few bucks on resell market 🤦‍♂️
No but that will be the prime time to offload DS pairs we aren’t ever going to wear.

Tons of people offloaded pairs that they weren’t wearing for insane resell prices during the last dance era-no way they would have been able to offload them like that nowadays.

I think it’s the manner in why/when you’d offload them is what he’s referring too.
Yeah I mean I don’t think people should be buying pairs to save for that inevitably sad moment but no way will massive amounts of people not offload pairs en masse at that point due to sky high resale. If people don’t want to do that, that’s cool too-they’re your shoes at the end of the day to keep or sell. It’s not like offloading old pairs prevents people from buying newer pairs.

Saw this exact same phenomenon with the Last Dance.

Back
Top Bottom