Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I always imagined MJs death would be the “last hurrah” for fans, copping everything OG…and then it would turn into what we have with Kobe :smh:

I could see MJ being petty enough to have it in his contract that once he passes Retro Jordans and sigs are done :lol:
There is -50% chance Nike would EVER allow this. I know they renegotiated MJ’s contract awhile back so I’m sure this is part of it.

JB is their bread and butter in so many ways.

Without JB, Nike would be cooked tbh

I always imagined MJs death would be the “last hurrah” for fans, copping everything OG…and then it would turn into what we have with Kobe :smh:
It’ll be worse.
It’ll be absolute chaos when that day comes tbh. I bet every major pro sports league in the US will do some kind of MJ tribute because of his contribution to American sports culture. ESPN will broadcast MJ content nonstop and talking heads will constantly bring up the old “MJ > LeBron” arguments just to make sure the dead horse is well beaten.

On the sneaker side, people will literally fiend for Js as well and newer resellers will start buying up fusions, mids, etc. like they did with Kobe ADs, etc.

It’ll be absolute madness.

Those of us with excess DS pairs will inevitably feast on the resale market at this time lol

All of us Gen X’ers will probably be senior citizens when that day happens…..

IMG_1950.gif

No way they would fumble the bag like that. Kobe's were in outlets before he died.

People here talk about how kids today never even saw MJ play, or don't even know who he is/was, and then talk about how his death would be the "last hurrah". Might bring in a flood of casuals like The Last Dance did during COVID times, but the real fans are already all in.

Interested to see if they end up looking like that (like the sample from a few years back) or a complete different color blocking.

The sample pair was Chicagos and Neutral Grays

mr_unloved1s-01062022-0002.jpg

(Via @mr_unloved1s on IG)

I'd love these to drop or even these with a Shadow top, but my expectation is always a completely different colorblocking when the colorway sounds too good.

Does Nike have 100% ownership of all their collab shoes?

Or do the brands they partner with have some say over whether they get retroed?

Matter of fact, has a collab Jordan ever been retroed?

Does Nike have 100% ownership of all their collab shoes?

Or do the brands they partner with have some say over whether they get retroed?

Matter of fact, has a collab Jordan ever been retroed?

I would've thought it was all Nike, but I remember there being a mess when the Yellow Toes were initially rumored to drop and the guys from Shinedown supposedly threw a fit because it was too close to their PE.

I would've thought it was all Nike, but I remember there being a mess when the Yellow Toes were initially rumored to drop and the guys from Shinedown supposedly threw a fit because it was too close to their PE.
Could JB retro the first two Union 1s if they wanted to?

Or would they need Union to sign off?

Not that Union would care, as long as Nike wrote a big check.

Could JB retro the first two Union 1s if they wanted to?

Or would they need Union to sign off?

Not that Union would care, as long as Nike wrote a big check.
Probably need Union to sign off since they use their logos and whatnot. Same thing with AMM, O-W, etc. etc.

One way around this is to release these as “unbranded” Unions but they kinda already did that with this weird release:

IMG_3687.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom