• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So basic rule of thumb everytime a shoe sells out is blame Kanye? :lol:
I guess Nike limiting everything and resellers hoarding everything else has no bearing on anything…
#kanyeshrug

Of course not, we are specifically talking about BREDs and Royals, but if you think the sneaker culture has gone mainstream due to limited releases and resellers you are kidding yourself.

"Limited releases" were pretty rare until everybody and their mother wanted the latest kick. I wear a 15/16...it used to be every shoe Nike made went up to a 18. If I didn't have any money I'd wait out the latest release until I got some money and cop from my local shop for non nike's before eastbay carried nikes, and eastbay for other stuff I wanted.

With the intro of social media and more and more celebs rocking sneakers, and being endorsed by the Nike and adidas' of the world you have what you have now. Sneaker collecting is mainstream and these companies are going to use that popularity to profit. Limited releases...new colorways of classic kicks...

You got high end fashion houses making sneakers now (Gucci, Versace...) you really think limited releases and resellers created this?

I won't deny that kanye had a lot to do with the reemergence of the air Jordan 1 as a popular shoe for the masses but he's not the sole reason for those shoes being held in such high regard. It was a perfect storm of an over flux of tinker designed retroed combined with the return of Nike air. Sneakers don't always have to be some crazy designs with elephant print and air bubbles. The simplicity kinda fueled the hype. Remember going to DTLR the day Olympic 1's dropped in '08 and no one cared. Kanye was rocking dons and Jasper's then...

Found royals for 325. Not gm either. Ds 10000% legit. Was about to pickem up then someone offered $400. Guy also has black reds. Could I use those as trade bait for royals?

You'll probably get asked to put cash on top of blk reds. I would put 100 on top but not more than that.

Found royals for 325. Not gm either. Ds 10000% legit. Was about to pickem up then someone offered $400. Guy also has black reds. Could I use those as trade bait for royals?

just give that guy 400 and tell him to let them go to you because yo talked to him first

thats dirt cheap for some DS royals honestly.. just make sure they are legit cause there are some good fakes out there for sure..

This guy from my class just now had on some shadows and was talking about a forum helped him cop

. I wonder if he's on NT :nerd: and if he's reading this :nerd:

Tried to her the black reds from the guy. Said he's holding em for the other guy til next week. Smh. Almost had royals

Anyone know where I can buy an extra pair of black laces for my royals ones ? One of the lace tips fell off :/ or extra blue pair ?

royals shipped earlier today from nike =0 size 9.5 got lucky on the restock 

Post your production dates when you get yours in. Mine were 08/21/2012-10/30/2012, and my box didn't have the suggested retail tag on the sticker.

Last edited:
Post your production dates when you get yours in. Mine were 08/21/2012-10/30/2012, and my box didn't have the suggested retail tag on the sticker
will do.. my other pair i got which is from AU is 9/13/12-11/09/12...ill let you know what the nike pair is

Waiting for the day that I get an OG1, even the releases.  I snoozed on the Barons, should have copped that as a sub to the Bred/Royal as those are grails...

Back
Top Bottom