• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Via @Mr_unloved1s

This pic just sealed the deal on a pass. On his comment he says "remember the black grape 5s" and even before I read that those 5s were the first thing to come to mind. That ashy look is no bueno
Man that's a little disappointing. I was hoping they're not gonna be ashy like the PG1 EYBL.

Diddy paid too much for the SBBs, but he's got it. There paying him for being there so there technically free. Probably told them," $10,000 for ten minutes."

Are they really paying diddy to appear in the show? I always assumed these shows are just another marketing platform for celebrities and rapper/singers. Agents of these celebs would reach out to Complex hq vice versa. There's a cross promotional benefit for both parties. Complex gets another episode with another celebrity profile appearance and celebrities that does appear get some publicity out (Complex has a fixed subscribers in YouTube in the millions).

I could be wrong though. Diddy could've been paid but I doubt it's a lot of money. Complex is a big company but like all magazine/content companies they have fixed allocated budgets. If I was Diddy I be only doing the show on certain conditions. Which I wonder why[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Anyways sorry for the long post. Always found what goes behind the scenes in this shows interesting.

Apparently complex pays for the shoes they buy or maybe some of them if they're buying 4-5 pairs. someone had mentioned it before in another thread

Whats a decent price for a DS pair of Gym Reds? Size 10.5-11.
I typically check Stockx or Goat to see what the common reseller prices are when looking for a DS pair. Since that was a non-US release, they are going to be more limited and higher $$ obviously. Looking like a $500-$600 range

You don't hear this one mentioned a lot, but I need those ATCQ 1s in my life. I regret passin on a nice used pair for about $100 a while back. Thought they'd be around on the bay, but have no luck with my size and no new listings have been popping up.

Where y'all get the info on complex paying for their shoes? I thought the celebs cop they own and complex just giving em promo, like they kept plugging can't stop won't stop

You don't hear this one mentioned a lot, but I need those ATCQ 1s in my life. I regret passin on a nice used pair for about $100 a while back. Thought they'd be around on the bay, but have no luck with my size and no new listings have been popping up.

Yea I've always loved those. I'm waiting on the triple blacks to hit US and I'll do a Low End Theory custom on them. Already got the sails earlier this week [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Where y'all get the info on complex paying for their shoes? I thought the celebs cop they own and complex just giving em promo, like they kept plugging can't stop won't stop
Someone in the Yeezy thread knows folks at SG and mentioned the talent (celeb) pays for the shoes selected with Complex reimbursing them for the pick ups ....the talent gets the promo and of course Complex gets the content.  

Someone in the Yeezy thread knows folks at SG and mentioned the talent (celeb) pays for the shoes selected with Complex reimbursing them for the pick ups ....the talent gets the promo and of course Complex gets the content.  

There has to be some sort of limit, otherwise the celebs could pick up Air Mags, Undftd 4s and Air Yeezy 2s and completely run up the Complex tab...

Whats a decent price for a DS pair of Gym Reds? Size 10.5-11.
While the release is a couple of years removed I would say $350 is a reasonable price for DS....the seller would be hard pressed to get more out of most consignment shops and the retro+ colorway audience is flat which is why they have listed for $5-600 range on fleabay over the last year but really haven't sold in that range (I have noticed reposts of them in that range with the higher pricepoint on eBay). 

There has to be some sort of limit, otherwise the celebs could pick up Air Mags, Undftd 4s and Air Yeezy 2s and completely run up the Complex tab...
You're right ... I remeber watching the A$AP Rocky one and thinking Complex must be sweating bullets thinking about the potential of Rocky running them for Balenciaga kicks for the whole A$AP crew - I believe there is a limit I think it was mentioned by @Zyzz

Back
Top Bottom