Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Alright which of the 2 would you keep from the 4?

Pine Green
Court Purple
LA Union Black Toe
Origin Story

I'm leaning toward the last 2 right now with Court Purples in tailing. I loved the comic Spider-Verse story arc and I don't own a Chicago 1.

But at the same time I'm also a Lakers fan and I do appreciate the Court Purple.

I do own Black Toes already but I love how these Union ones look. If I has the Storm Blue Union I'd prob keep those for sure since I don't own a SB Jordan 1.

Halp me.

Inb4keepallofem
Unions and pine greens imo

Pine Green
Court Purple
LA Union Black Toe
Origin Story

I'm leaning toward the last 2 right now with Court Purples in tailing. I loved the comic Spider-Verse story arc and I don't own a Chicago 1.

But at the same time I'm also a Lakers fan and I do appreciate the Court Purple.

I do own Black Toes already but I love how these Union ones look. If I has the Storm Blue Union I'd prob keep those for sure since I don't own a SB Jordan 1.

Halp me.

Inb4keepallofem
Bro, I have all 4 (plus Union Storm Blues :lol:) and I'm a huge laker fan too. First off we both know pine green has to go. Whenever it's between purple and green, purple wins. Unions HAVE to be in there. best out of the bunch. So to me it's origin vs court purple. I love the Lakers but I think the origins are way more versatile of a shoe to rock. Go unions and spideys

Last edited:
Had both the bred and bt from 2013 and they were both stiff as ... for me and majorly uncomfortable, I even had the lance mountains at my TTS and they hurt like crazy (due to thicker sb padding, the materials were great though). It was only from the remastered launch that 1s actually felt decent on my feet, the first I actually managed to pickup were the 2016 breds. The slight shape change and upgraded/softer materials just work better with my foot.

Just sold my worn 10.5 royals to a homie since I couldn't find a size swap to a worn 10. Grabbed a ds 10 for a steal and don't know if I should unds them in Japan or break them in first since we're gonna be doing a bunch of walking. Still looking to swap my worn or ds pair of breds in a 10.5 for a 10 though :nerd:

Semesters over! Adding that first coat. Hoping this will be done by New Years

20181214_005722.jpg

Pine Green
Court Purple
LA Union Black Toe
Origin Story

Halp me.

Inb4keepallofem

court purples and unions

Unions are hideous.

Yep unions is gabbage, typical recent nike collaboration hype, and this coming from a fan of union clothing and the shop even prior to the collaboration. Resellers eating off a lot of these HB starter pack suckers...

Fasho at least 50% of yall aint even know union existed before this collab...
Another 25% of yall still don't know and thats fine.
the other 25% is NT OG that prolly flipping them to many that struck out but wanna wear what everyone else got.

the only praise I can give to the union 1 is that the materials are quality in comparison to most of the recently released 1's but thats to be expected bcuz they limited, it's an ok shoe overall but the colorway is wack.

but at the same time I think what the dunks are garbage and anything else with a similar concept, but to most HB's those are "heat". Mismatched/frankenstein colorways/materials on shoes are unappealing to most fashionable people but to each his own.
To be honest I wouldn't even buy these for the collections sake.

Nike has become od reliant on collabs to stay relevant, cuz they in house "creative" team is filled with a buncha chumps that been pumping out unappealing colorways and gimmicky shoes with weird/absurdly cheap materials for years now... But now they figured out you can slap NA on any old thing or put it on a rappers foot and now they hot resale instantly $500+ for some shoes that are basically worthless due to their uglyness or lack of comfort.

Colorway and material wise 1's are some of the worst retro's, even though everyone thinks theyre so great all the sudden, when nobody wanted them before they brought back NA w/ the 2013's, for me it's og cw or nothing, and even so these remastered "og's" just aren't worth the hassle most of the times, especially since the retail price hikes and then the resale price gouging gets out of control after 2 or 3 months.

Nike air or not retro+ 1's are hella lame. I haven't seen a single retro+ aj1 that I would pay retail for excluding 1 or 2. and the resale on the og cw's is honestly laughable given how poor quality they are, now disco thats another story.

Remember when nike GR's had the potential to be comfortable and have decent consistency in terms of QC and on top of that they were somewhat affordable.

Now every shoe they release is over saturated, overpriced and poorly QC'd or ridiculously limited, plus the colors they're using on their remastered retro attempts are way off, varsity red on EVERYTHING, and of course the overuse of tumbled leather. Nike getting way too lazy. And they catering to HB's to remain relevant.

Now days people will wear an overpriced AJ1 regardless of the CW just for the approval of other HB's, it's baffling.

If it weren't for celebs influencing teeny boppers and HB's interest by way of IG, brand loyalist that buy nike exclusively, resellers wouldnt be profiting and JB would be doing poorly at least in comparison to now to the point that they would have to resort to price slashing, at least if they kept on schedule with this current monthly over saturation of retro releases, but instead nike gets away with half assin it cuz the HB's will buy anything nike pump out if they favorite rapper got em on then they getting em too.

Nike's thirst to stay in the lime light has become so obvious that it's kinda sad, seeing as in the past nike was so elite they didn't have to resort to collaborating with everybody and they mama cuz they had jordan repping they kicks on court and tinker on payroll lol.

Now who we got repping JB? A buncha clowns, too many to list by name unfortunately, but hey it's working for them so I can't even knock nike on that, they know how to market their shoes, without investing any time or money.

Nike always been about the profits but it's so blatantly obvious now, that it's gotten out of hand with the way that they give desirable OG colorways of shoes GR treatment but then cut corners on the detailing of an OG retro, then they oversaturate the market with ugly GR/QS retro+ and more limited retro + releases with a label of "premium" materials but ugly/boring colorways no one wants for the HB's that are so worried about being the special snowflake.

Honestly only AJ XI fans get love from nike and thats only been as of late. And while I like XI's I like the other models too and I wish they would get the same treatment when they release.

People that buy unions/OW at resale are the type to buy shoes for hypes sake, not their unique qualities, and are usually thirsty for attention/approval but thats just my opinion. Or maybe they're just really enthusiastic about ugly shoes. Not saying they're not worth resale if you like em, but there are usually better shoes out there for sale that arent as hyped or overpriced, stop buying into the resell hype and buy what you like, grown men out here falling victim to peer pressure like 14 year olds lmao.

JB abandoned the crowd that just wants OG colorways to get retro treatment with premium materials, jordans are basically reserved for teeny boppers, HB's and people that can't dress themselves now. I aint been worried about a jordan release in years... GR or otherwise. Which sucks because I still like jordans for what they were I'm just not interested in their lackluster products and the direction nike is taking the brand in. They need to stop focusing on exclusivity so much and refocus on quality and consistency. An exclusive is cool here and there but not every 2-3 months...

End rant...

Here's a summary: Unions are garbage and Unions have quality materials.

I have a confession, I only bought the Unions, because I liked them. :blush:

I respect that, buy what you like, in the end it's your money.

I should correct that I can't go so far as to say unions are garbage, theyre just incredibly overhyped, I'll put it like this theyre a nice enough shoe for me to understand why people paying retail, theyre just a weird mismatched colorway which has become a common trend with nike as of late (I just think they got lazy on this release, because limited quantity basically guarantees a sell out). But resale is an absolute joke, wouldnt matter if I were a millionaire I still wouldnt pay those prices.

Back
Top Bottom