Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not a pro at identifying off white fakes either but aside from the swoosh the bottoms ones obviously look off in materials and the outsoles when compared to each other.

IMG_20200610_155654.jpg

Not AJ1 but since were on the topic of fakes, these came from the same seller that sent my coworker the fake Chicago 1s from yesterday. Comparing the fakes to my legit pair (Undefeated in store) and they're also very close. I laughed at the fact they got that fat toebox right lol. Honestly tho, you could easily assume the imperfections were Nike QC issues especially how shotty Nike QC actually is.

I don't know what to look for - I can clearly see a difference between the two, but I don't know which is the real and which is the fake :lol:
Like I can see the Swoosh is different, the orange tag placement is different, but... which is the real and which is the fake? :lol:

If I knew where the placements and things are supposed to be, then it's a pretty easy LC - but I don't know what a real pair looks like so it's impossible to distinguish.

I don't know what to look for - I can clearly see a difference between the two, but I don't know which is the real and which is the fake :lol:
Like I can see the Swoosh is different, the orange tag placement is different, but... which is the real and which is the fake? :lol:

If I knew where the placements and things are supposed to be, then it's a pretty easy LC - but I don't know what a real pair looks like so it's impossible to distinguish.
Gonna Step Out On A Limb And Say The Bottom Is Authentic? :nerd:

IMG_20200610_155654.jpg

Not AJ1 but since were on the topic of fakes, these came from the same seller that sent my coworker the fake Chicago 1s from yesterday. Comparing the fakes to my legit pair (Undefeated in store) and they're also very close. I laughed at the fact they got that fat toebox right lol. Honestly tho, you could easily assume the imperfections were Nike QC issues especially how shotty Nike QC actually is.
This is harder one than the 1's from yesterday, but the bottom pair.

9553B130-16B0-40C4-A30D-0EA9D2C72EF3.jpeg

I usually wait a couple of years before breaking out newer releases but had to throw these on today. I’m definitely NOT MAD at how they’re creasing-Was kinda worried bc of the finish on the leather but they’re breaking in quite nicely.

i blame being a bigger collector back in the day and really really studying fakes for LC that its made me paranoid. I think everything is fake unless I cop from NDC lol

This is why having a legit pair in hand to actually weigh for comparison (in the same size, obviously). Material compounds on legit pairs vs fakes will vary wildly as such since Nike's material supply chain. will vary from the fake factories ones, etc. Obviously, this only works if you are about to see the pair you're buying in hand (or have the ability to make a case if you receive a questionable pair).

IMG_20200610_155654.jpg

Wait... that's what the toebox on those is SUPPOSED to look like?? Wtf!

This is why having a legit pair in hand to actually weigh for comparison (in the same size, obviously). Material compounds on legit pairs vs fakes will vary wildly as such since Nike's material supply chain. will vary from the fake factories ones, etc. Obviously, this only works if you are about to see the pair you're buying in hand (or have the ability to make a case if you receive a questionable pair).

Wait... that's what the toebox on those is SUPPOSED to look like?? Wtf!
The Ronald McDonald toe box is off putting, but I like that an original touch was put on it, and the shoes are extremely cozy. Can literally wear them all day.

Fakes are getting scarier and scarier sheesh. What do you guys think of people having real pairs and buying fakes of those to rock to keep the legit ones on ice. Been seeing that around the interwebs

What kinda backward *** **** is that????? :emoji_joy:
So they have the real pair, but decide to buy and wear a fake pair? They bugging :lol:

tenor.gif
Lol yeah, their reasoning was so they can beat the fake pair or whatever. I was just thinking how much disposable income people must have :smh:

Is there a reason why 2017 Royal 1 has not jumped up in prices yet?... Even Chameleon, Game Royal, HTH and Storm Blue has passed them in value.

Mass produced so lots of pairs around. I just sold my pair since they were bottom dwellers in the rotation since I got them. Doesn’t faze me to not have them now

Is there a reason why 2017 Royal 1 has not jumped up in prices yet?... Even Chameleon, Game Royal, HTH and Storm Blue has passed them in value.

They’ve increased A LOT the last few months. Most sizes are over $450 now. Glad I paid $240 for my pair in late 2018.

Regarding the fakes......we care to have the real thing and want to be educated on what to look for with fakes.

But your average consumer? They don't know the difference and don't care to learn it.

They just want the look at the accessible cost.

Regarding the fakes......we care to have the real thing and want to be educated on what to look for with fakes.

But your average consumer? They don't know the difference and don't care to learn it.

They just want the look at the accessible cost.

This x10000. You see it at sporting events with jerseys. I've seen some of the absolute worst fake jerseys at ballgames, and it's clear they think they got a deal because they got it from eBay for $20, and to them it looks exactly the same. To me, though, it's all I can see. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom