• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
As much as I hate mids, I love Zoom
CMFTs and I hate that reselling idiots are going to bot the PSG CMFT 1 release tomorrow to death... (despite how much you guys here love to
rag on CMFTs)

Oh well, hopefully the PSG CMFTs will be like the Kobe Questions and won’t resell for much but somehow I’m skeptical of this happening.

Historically, it depends on how big of a GR.. 2016 Space Jam 11s are going for $450-$500 after 4 years and there were over 1 million pairs of those produced 4 years ago. Meanwhile, the What The 4s that came out a little over a year ago could be found on discount a little over a year ago and are going for $300-$400 on the resale market now. OG Jordan 1s (which aren’t really sold in GR #s) are even more significant since Mochas which released last Fall could be bought from StockX for $250-$300 soon after release but now are going for over $400. I bought multiple pairs of Spider-Man 1s after release for around $300 with the intent of moving them a few years down the line to pay for my initial pair I had to pay resale for.. Given what they’re going for now, I think it was a smart idea.

If you have to pay resale for a pair of shoes and want to make up for paying resale costs, I would generally advise to pick up two pairs and move one in a year or two. With hyped OG 1s, you can typically make the initial price you paid for the personal pair you keep at least come down to retail with moving the 2nd pair. I’ve done this over and over when taking Ls on 1s. Obviously this doesn’t work as well with less hyped models and 11s tend to go up slower in value simply because there are so many holiday 11s typically produced.
I’ve been doing this for years

I've thought about doing that before. If I was able to secure two pairs of a hyped shoe.....keep one and off one.

But I don't like having money tied up in stuff. And sneakers are weird. Immediate spike in prices after release that then tapers down and may take a while to reach those highs again.

Man your entire collection probably looks DS :nthat:
Fresh kicks all the time - don't even need to re-up :nthat:
Most of my collection does look DS. I do have a pair or 2 that, due to age, the Seattle elements, and because they might've been pairs I rocked tons when the collection was way smaller, has more substantial oxidation and yellowing. The only time I ever re-up is when a retro/re-release is better than an older version I have in terms of shape/build or OG type details (like 2011 vs 2018 Concords, or 2014 vs 2020 Carmines), or when an older pair I have is in a size that's not exactly perfect (half or full size smaller 20 years ago, which is how old some of my oldest pairs are), and I'd rather have a more comfortable size/fit there.

I need some Chicago’s or Black Toes in my life.

Took this pic earlier

B0DA8BD6-816D-463C-8E2B-6D7E169243A7.jpeg

most things are closed out here sight seeing wise and a lot of the good restaurants shut down too...but definitely hit up Dave’s hot chicken, fairfax, Venice beach boardwalk, leimert park in south la, Griffith park,lil tokyo, Culver City steps, Elysian park overlooking dodger stadium, point dume in malibu...avoid all the supertouristy stuff If you don’t want covid.

edit: also for food - comfort la, majordomo, roscoes, almost any place in Chinatown, almost anyplace in Thai town, sonoratown for tacos, Mexicali for carne asada fries, pinks hot dogs on melrose, din tai fung (dumplings in San Gabriel valley are better, but further from la).
Thank you so much fam, I’ll definitely check some of these out for sure, I’ll be out here for almost a week.

Mids are fine as long is it stays with the Nike Air branding. Any Jumpman branding on the tongue or the heel kills it for me.
If mids were made with better construction and materials with Nike Air branding, they would be great. Jordan Brand could think more outside of the box and try different things like they do with Dunks. It would be a cool side thing happening. However, the way they are now is just not good. The majority don’t look good and the materials are really bad. The best mids I ever bought were the Old Love/New Love pack. However, got rid of them after Nike Air came back.

Mids should be cut and constructed like the PE pairs MJ wore back in 85 rather than the plastic garbage with jumpman that they’ve been putting out. I suppose that would really take away most of the hype from the highs though.

Back
Top Bottom