Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don't know what some of y'all are talking about suede "aging horribly". I know these probably aren't going to be out of this world quality suede leather, but I've got plenty of New Balance and Clarks and Vans shoes in suedes and nice boots in roughout leather and suede, and I've never had durability issues. If anything decent roughout leather and suede is more abrasion resistant than smooth leather or nubuck. I will gladly take any 11.5 or 12 that you all don't want and beat them up.

I know it's been 6 years or so since the last Royal 1 release, but if they released a straight retro they're not likely doing any better than the last release. They were fantastic. Might as well mix it up a little. As much as I love my Reimagined Chicago 1s, I'd still rather have a DS pair of the 2015 release. At least these are an interesting twist that is different enough? Much better than satin or patent, at least to me.
Some of these Jordan heads don't mess with suede, don't buy other brands, are pretty much teenage boys when it comes to suede.

Some of these Jordan heads don't mess with suede, don't buy other brands, are pretty much teenage boys when it comes to suede.

I understand just wanting the original build, and that there is confusion and inconsistency between suede, nubuck, durabuck, etc., but I'll definitely take decent suede over satin or patent plasticky fake leather any day of the week.

The satin breds aren’t “bad” in hand but there’s just something off about them. The satin feels cheap when you know the shoe should be leather. They feel like a pair of variants.

the reaimagined royals look better in the official pics than expected considering the black looks like nubuck but I don't feel the need to have these and I certainly don't need any satin, patent leather, flyknit, etc Jordan 1's

I don't think the 2017 release was that great either 🤷‍♂️

1985 Jordan 1's > everything

I'll gladly pay the extra $20 for something a little more substantial...pass me the lube

Last edited:
For today

IMG_3883.jpeg

I don't know what some of y'all are talking about suede "aging horribly". I know these probably aren't going to be out of this world quality suede leather, but I've got plenty of New Balance and Clarks and Vans shoes in suedes and nice boots in roughout leather and suede, and I've never had durability issues. If anything decent roughout leather and suede is more abrasion resistant than smooth leather or nubuck. I will gladly take any 11.5 or 12 that you all don't want and beat them up.

I know it's been 6 years or so since the last Royal 1 release, but if they released a straight retro they're not likely doing any better than the last release. They were fantastic. Might as well mix it up a little. As much as I love my Reimagined Chicago 1s, I'd still rather have a DS pair of the 2015 release. At least these are an interesting twist that is different enough? Much better than satin or patent, at least to me.

I'm often scratching my head at some of the comments.

All these sneakers that come in suede. It's not like these are a white or off white suede either.

the reaimagined royals look better in the official pics than expected considering the black looks like nubuck but I don't feel the need to have these and I certainly don't need any satin, patent leather, flyknit, etc Jordan 1's

I don't think the 2017 release was that great either 🤷‍♂️

1985 Jordan 1's > everything

I'll gladly pay the extra $20 for something a little more substantial...pass me the lube

I love my Flyknit 1s and don't mind a good suede or interesting spin on the colorway (as long as it's an OG-style colorblocking), but MAN, if they rolled out the 85 cut for every OG colorway and made them widely available, I would buy every damn one without question and they can keep all the funkiness and collaborations. Instead they're going to trickle out every obscure colorway and make them hard to get and release 10 other variations of Breds/Royals/Chicagos before we get there. And there will probably be leadership changes and they'll cancel the 85 program and start some new thing before we actually get what we want.

Back
Top Bottom