Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

seeing those 2001s up there bring back good memories.
the good ol days when i paid $135 after tax for a pair of Air Jordan 11 Black/Red in December 2001. :smokin

the good ol days when i paid $135 after tax for a pair of Air Jordan 11 Black/Red in December 2001.
smokin.gif
THIS!! Still have these and balled them my sr. year in high school. Didn't Eastbay do a pre-order or something on these back in the day??

Mine are so beat though....so I need to replace!

THIS!! Still have these and balled them my sr. year in high school. Didn't Eastbay do a pre-order or something on these back in the day??
Mine are so beat though....so I need to replace!

love my pair. wore them like 50-100 times, but they are still look VNDS! Took care of them like crazy

not sure about pre order, but im pretty sure if you want them online, it was easy, no crash. i was 16 back then, had no credit, but had my connect cop me a pair at the time. crazy back then i could afford only 1 pair, now i can get like 20 if i wanted to, easily

cant wait for these to come out... by the time its release date im sure there will be 500+ pages. lol

love my pair. wore them like 50-100 times, but they are still look VNDS! Took care of them like crazy
not sure about pre order, but im pretty sure if you want them online, it was easy, no crash. i was 16 back then, had no credit, but had my connect cop me a pair at the time. crazy back then i could afford only 1 pair, now i can get like 20 if i wanted to, easily
I've pry played serious bball in mine 50-100 times over the last 10 yrs....they've held up really well but they need to be retired.

I would have been 18 and I'm pretty sure my bro and I had my dad pre-order them through Eastbay...then they got canceled. It was a mess....I hope some of the other older heads can remember this...its been 10 yrs so memory is a little faded LOL.

Had no credit either......I remember having to send WU moneygrams to buy kicks off ebay cuz couldn't set up a paypal account......now.....that would NEVER fly LOL

Last edited:
My CDP Bred 11's are my most worn shoe! They are pretty beat. Im excited to get a new pair. Cant wait till this drop!!

Just got myself DS OG to scratch the itch while waiting for Dec release. I wanna thank the people here who helped me with my purchase. :D The Jordan jumpman tag is a little lower than the third eyelet so I'm still looking for another OG.

the good ol days when i paid $135 after tax for a pair of Air Jordan 11 Black/Red in December 2001. :smokin

December 15, 2001, Jordan XI release day, I was a sophmore in high school with no credit and hustled by doing yard work and what not but nothing dirty.
I remember I asked my older cousin for a ride early in the morning to a local Foot Locker. Got there around 5am, was I believe, 4th in line. Got my size 11, tried it on, and walked out.
Easiest cop back then until the hype grew and grew and the game got played out. My parents gave me the XI's as an xmas gift. So I couldn't ask for more.
Price then was $125 + tax. So total came out to about $135. Good old days...

About ten years later, price is now $185 plus tax and the game is at its worse now. Will things change in the future? I doubt it, but then again I wouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes

December 15, 2001, Jordan XI release day, I was a sophmore in high school with no credit and hustled by doing yard work and what not but nothing dirty.
I remember I asked my older cousin for a ride early in the morning to a local Foot Locker. Got there around 5am, was I believe, 4th in line. Got my size 11, tried it on, and walked out.
Easiest cop back then until the hype grew and grew and the game got played out. My parents gave me the XI's as an xmas gift. So I couldn't ask for more.
About ten years later, price is now $185 plus tax and the game is at its worse now. Will things change in the future? I doubt it, but then again I wouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes
Back then people had already pre-ordered their pairs from eastbay MONTHS in advance.

Back then people had already pre-ordered their pairs from eastbay MONTHS in advance.
Knew it!! Yeah, it was like early spring '01 if I recall......

Was that the last pre-order they did cuz it was a disaster?? I think a lot of people got their order canceled......

Last edited:

Yea it will change... for the WORST only. it wont get any better, with a beast being born every day.

I wish we could still do that...

Have to adapt fellas. Nothing else you can do. Keep your connects strong and outsmart the beast. Easier said than done I know, but I truly can't see things going back to the way it was. Funny thing is even during a recession countless releases sell out. I know people resell a lot of pairs but they had to get investment dollars from somewhere right. Once the economy bounces back fully it's hard to fathom copping will be any easier.

Have to adapt fellas. Nothing else you can do. Keep your connects strong and outsmart the beast. Easier said than done I know, but I truly can't see things going back to the way it was. Funny thing is even during a recession countless releases sell out. I know people resell a lot of pairs but they had to get investment dollars from somewhere right. Once the economy bounces back fully it's hard to fathom copping will be any easier.

yep, its called a credit card..

At the malls in my area you had to show up in person to get a ticket for the 4s. I was there last saturday to get the Olives and they had signs on the glass
A lot of stores do it different I know shiek and Footlocker are both doing the ticket thing different ways... but they are def doing ticket method either way

About ten years later, price is now $185 plus tax and the game is at its worse now. Will things change in the future? I doubt it, but then again I wouldn't be surprised.
eyes.gif
I remember when these originally released in 95 and people rocking them at my 8th grade graduation. Easy cop in and out of FL. Things have changed not for the good but for the worst. Lower quality and higher mark up!

Anyone know what the quality is like compared to the CDP. Saw the kids pair in person the other day, They looked decent but id rather base it of mens. Still got my CDP, trying to decide if I need another or not.

I'm pretty sure if you go to the mall on the day of the release before it opens you can cop these.  If Foot Locker opens at 8 am... Just go there around 7, and chances are you'll be one of the first in lines to get them once they open the doors.  Especially indoor malls, where they don't even open the front doors early until about an hour or so before the actual store opens.
lol sir there will be no lines for these shoes no matter how early hence the ticket method... its a safety precaution to avoid riots and fights breaking out and the all time famous lines at the mall. 

Back
Top Bottom