Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my normal spot that had 2x Size 13's. Thought I was all good since only one person in front of me was a 13. Some guy bought the 13 when his size was out. Ended up with a 10.5

Moved over to Foot Locker sold my 10.5 to someone in that line for cost (I don't resell). Waited in that line someone grabbed a 13 because his size was gone.

Maybe finishline will restock and I'll get on that. If not oh well.

Damnnn last nite was wild hit da strip club with ma boys and then temple in SF shout out to trappedintime for letting me know the spot is ight...

Just woke up bout to head out to NikeSF to grab ma reserved pair... Noticed a 40 pages increase on this topic overnight lol #hype

If u a sneakerhead u better have these!

congrats to everyone who got a pair in the stores. waiting on the net orders sucks, but not when you get the cash back option. I managed to get three pair.....one to keep. lovely shoe, but.....

Like I said in this thread months ago Black/white XIIIs>Concord XI

Space Jams > Concords > Bred XI > everything

This release really got hyped up in the days prior to its release. I was not able to get a pair but I'm happy to see how a lot of people are happy with their pairs hopefully a restock will come soon!

Why does some guy have them for $700 on ebay and not even using his own pictures. :stoneface: Why are people in line calling these the white and red ones :stoneface: And why do kids wear Famous shirts with bred 11s in line :stoneface: Jadakiss are you out there

What's wrong with wearing famous stars and straps and jordans?
Been rocking that combo since I was like 13.. 24 now

I'm just pointing out that resellers on the whole - and I'm not referring to anyone specific - in most instances aren't doing anyone any favors, they're making minimal money while placing a barrier between the consumer and the retail channels. No one wins. Find another hustle where you can make a decent profit if that's your thing, but unless it's a super limited release, it's just a waste for everyone involved. We see it every time another GR rolls around.
True, but there is no way to prevent it. Its simple supply and demand, that's like saying if people stop smoking crack, dealers will stop selling it.  Its a revolving door and part of the shoe game.  The way I see it, if you buy two pair of shoes (be it 1 to rock and 1 to stock, or one to rock and 1 to sell) either way that is two pairs that I am not going to get.  What you decide to do with those two pair of shoes is your business.  Now if you go buy up multiple pairs to resell, FSR's, or say all 5 size 13's per say at Footlocker, then ya I have a problem with that.  Let the people who really want the shoes have the shoes.

congrats to everyone who got a pair in the stores. waiting on the net orders sucks, but not when you get the cash back option. I managed to get three pair.....one to keep. lovely shoe, but.....

Space Jams > Concords > Bred XI > everything

SMH
Bred 13s> bred 11> black toe 13

Very satisfied with the quality. I haven't owned a pair of 13s since '05, and I was expecting these to be as stiff as the Greytoes and Flints were back then.

SMH
Bred 13s> bred 11> black toe 13

I couldn't disagree more, but that's what I like about this forum...and this culture in general...there are so many options. I just happen to be in love with those 3 colorways of XI's. Not a huge fan of the XIII's, but I do own the bred and this one.

I'll take the Black Toes over any other XIII myself. These have always been my favorite, since I bought 3 of the original colorways in 97-98. And personally I like this shoe more than the XI's with the exception of Concords. That's just me though. I am a sucker for a buttery leather shoe in black and white, especially with such a sexy silhouette.

Last edited:
Went to my normal spot that had 2x Size 13's. Thought I was all good since only one person in front of me was a 13. Some guy bought the 13 when his size was out. Ended up with a 10.5

Moved over to Foot Locker sold my 10.5 to someone in that line for cost (I don't resell). Waited in that line someone grabbed a 13 because his size was gone.

Maybe finishline will restock and I'll get on that. If not oh well.
Don't worry all the OG colorways have been getting restocked lately.   You will be able to cop for retail.

Passed on these, might regret it, but didn't like them enough to get up at 5am to cop...The Flint 13's are my fav...

To those who got them, hope you enjoy the cop.

People don't think.  If this guy is doing the leg work, picking up the shoes, getting another box, taking them to the post office, and paying for shipping, should he not be compensated for his time? If you don't want to pay reseller prices, then get off your butt and do some leg work yourselves.  Why should he help anyone out on NT  who didn't help him? This is supposed to be a community, but when any hot release comes out, those in the know usually keep the good info to themselves or in select PM groups anyway. 

As far as shipping is concerned, it depends on where you are shipping it to. I live in California.  I used this trick to make a box, and shipped some Size 12 Jordan XI's priority mail with insurance to NJ.  It cost me $26.  Without the insurance it would have been $20.

Thanks rYbsOmE, I did not expect everyone to get all crazy about what I thought was trying to do a good deed. The sad thing is, if someone would of messaged and said, "I can only do $240 or $250," I would of probably said ok and lost a few bucks after shipping. I do appreciate the kind comments, and you coming to my defense. 

OK LET ME BE MORE CLEAR.

CHILL WITH THE BACK AND FORWARD ABOUT RESELLING. YOU GUYS ALREADY MADE YOUR POINTS. SNIPER LEARNED A LESSON. MOVE ON.

OTHERWISE THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED
Sorry Admin, just saw your post. I didn't know that I was violating any rules. My apologies to everyone. I really was just trying to "help" some people out who missed out on their sizes. "Help" can be interpreted differently by others apparently. Wont happen again.

Sorry Admin, just saw your post. I didn't know that I was violating any rules. My apologies to everyone. I really was just trying to "help" some people out who missed out on their sizes. "Help" can be interpreted differently by others apparently. Wont happen again.
its all good.   next time just post in the buyer and seller thread.  sorry for attacking you.

Unless these restock, for some reason, I see these holding around 250. The "market" is based on location and means of purchase though.

Thanks rYbsOmE, I did not expect everyone to get all crazy about what I thought was trying to do a good deed. The sad thing is, if someone would of messaged and said, "I can only do $240 or $250," I would of probably said ok and lost a few bucks after shipping. I do appreciate the kind comments, and you coming to my defense. 
No problem, there are just too many hypocrites and "elitist" on here (not you trappedintime just in general),  and everyone wants something without giving anything in return.  I know if it were me, and I drove 86 miles round trip to pick up my pairs of shoes today from NT only to decide I didn't like them, I would have probably put them up for $250.  Someone would have had a heart attack and went on a reseller rant.  $170 with 9% tax is $185.  Car gets about 19 miles per gallon and gas is around $4.30 by my house so that is $13 in gas, that brings the total to $198.  Lets say I get lucky and find metered parking, that's another $5 ($203).  Forget about having lunch, or anything like that, bare minimum I just spent 2 hours of my time, and over $200 of my money to go pick up a pair of shoes that I would make less than $50 off of.  And if I had to ship them (I wouldn't) then I would be making $30.  But I'm sure someone would have made it seem like I committed the sin of the century listing the shoes for $250 because "retail is $170, that's an $80 mark up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom