Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids already lining up in queens

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Lol, we older heads have to remember, it's spring break for most of these whipper snappers!!!!  Instead of trying to find something constructive to do, they have decided to spend their SB loitering outside a shoe store!

smmfh @ people already camping out. Glad I got my ticket and won't have to deal with the nonsense. Infact when I go pick up my shoes I'm packing heat.

Have 3 pairs on hold, I just need 1 the other 2 are for the fam's, didn't think these would have so much hype.

thanks man. I'm sure I will too. I always get extra anxious for releases I really want.. Plus FNL is super shady to me that store is known for getting the most out of all of them.

Yeah, it's funny how because FNL held back inventory for a restock extravaganza their reputation (at least on NT) has improved. They're a terrible company with terrible systems and customer service. Maybe it's because of my own experience, but I find Champs to be the best to go to in person, followed by Foot Action, Foot Locker and then FNL. We're talking about minimum wage earners though, so it's probably always going to be hit or miss on any given company's stores across the country.

I went to the mall on my lunch break and entered 4 raffles..went into FNL and he's like yea man we only got 9 pairs the tickets went fast.. i gave him the camron.gif face and he's like why would i lie? Every other store told me they got over 3x that. This shoe has me running all over the city. My girl thinks im nuts, but i told her this is the last shoe ill get this excited for.

to everyone complaining about kids camping in the mall, outside, or wherever...its obvious that they are waiting for a raffle ticket or a guaranteed ticket that will be handed out sometime today, not the actual camping for the release on saturday.

Guys making these lines seem crazier than they really are, are no better than those who hype the actual shoes themselves.

Grown-men, left and right, commenting "omg look at them lines," just seems immature to me.

I understand the frustration and anxiety cuz i don't have a guaranteed pair yet myself but i don't think it's necessary to hype "the waiting line" of the shoes themselves.

anyways end rant

Last edited:
to everyone complaining about kids camping in the mall, outside, or wherever...its obvious that they are waiting for a raffle ticket or a guaranteed ticket that will be handed out sometime today, not the actual camping for the release on saturday.
Guys making these lines seem crazier than they really are, are no better than those who hype the actual shoes themselves.
Grown-men, left and right, commenting "omg look at them lines," just seems immature to me.
I understand the frustration and anxiety cuz i don't have a guaranteed pair yet myself but i don't think it's necessary to hype "the waiting line" of the shoes themselves.
anyways end rant
I bet you posted this from your phone and you're waiting on that line.... :rolleyes

Last edited:
I see NDC has a one pair limit, what is the limit for FNL (online) and Footlocker (online) and eastbay?
Most likely the same for the retailers you mentioned.
FNL usually says one pair limit but never actually enforces it in my experience. Some people buy from Eastbay and then move on to FTL or Champs, but I've read Eastbay may have put a stop to that too. If you get one from their chain of stores, they'll cancel any other one. I saw it happened to a few people on the Jokers/Crimsons. Dunno why anyone wanted to double up on those anyway.

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/03/air-jordan-13-he-got-game-1997-2013-comparison/2/

Their OG pair is in better shape than mine haha, so I'll leave the comparison pics to them (although I'll still probably do my own over the weekend). I've said it for awhile now, but there's VERY little difference between the OG and retro version of this shoe. Anyone complaining is really nitpicky.

I have the OG's and I'm getting the retro's. When it comes to leather quality, there is a big difference. I'm just sayin'.

Ive been waiting on this release for the longest. We never get good releases here at my local FTL but we getting these. I talk to the manager on Monday he said they didnt know if they were getting them yet to call back Wednesday and see, and if they are they will do tickets on Thursday. I call this morning first thing and an employee tells me they gave out tickets already and only sizes they had left were 8-10.. WTF man I swear

I have the OG's and I'm getting the retro's. When it comes to leather quality, there is a big difference. I'm just sayin'.

I don't think the difference is that huge as far as the leather goes. It's a little fuller grain leather on the OG obviously, but it doesn't change the look of the shoe and it looks to be the same quality as the Playoffs from 2 years ago. Those haven't creased poorly or fallen apart on me, so I look forward to purchasing these.

Hype for these doesn't surprise me.

Thankfully I still have my CDP pairs, saving my money this weekend for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom