Official Air Jordan 13 Retro Thread

That's a good idea maybe I'll just try to make my money back on the 2013 pair and then pay the difference.
Personally, I would sell them for box price or the standard $190 retail plus shipping (that way someone would be more willing to purchase). If you want.

Yeah that's what I meant. I copped at retail so I would probably try to sell them for that plus shipping.
Oh true, I apologize
laugh.gif

It wasn't glorified. It was in one scene, but it gets overblown. There were several pairs featured in the movie that never get recognized as such. I think NT's habit if finding a nickname just needed something to stick. I get the black toe nickname, but I always said black and white XIII's, semantics, but whatever.

They were in way more than one scene, Jake (Denzel) wore them throughout the whole movie before giving them to Jesus (Ray).
exactley, the shoes were a big thing

The white black xiii were and still are the The movie had no effect on that.  MJ in them on the court did.  Had the originals, and have the cdps.  Hope to get a pair if they drop. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who back in 98 knows the effect that the movie had on the shoes?

Youngins guessing and mj fanatics who know nothing about the hype around shoes when they released shouldn't speak on this.

I didn't hear them 13s get called he got games until the last retro ads I've been following shoes since 2005/6.

Last edited:
Could care less what name you all are referring to them as, i just want to make sure we get them in 2017!

It was a symbiotic relationship, but the shoes helped the movie more than movie helped the shoes.

Youngins guessing and mj fanatics who know nothing about the hype around shoes when they released shouldn't speak on this.

I didn't hear them 13s get called he got games until the last retro ads I've been following shoes since 2005/6.
IMO, not much. By the time the movie came out, two additional colorways had already released (what we now call playoffs, which were actually worn in the 98 all star game, and Flints). The scene with the shoes was like an extended Nike ad saying hey the AJ XIII is the newest model Jordan out, and yes it was part of Jake's character. This was in addition to the AJ XIII commercial where MJ changed from his Choppa suit and wingtip shoes into the AJ XIII. The ad, which ran from November 97, into the Spring of 98 was also the first official commercial for Nike's new division, Brand Jordan. So, for those to just be lazy and associate He Got Game with this colorway is kind of a misnomer. There was a lot happening in between the actual release and the movie .

IMO, not much. By the time the movie came out, two additional colorways had already released (what we now call playoffs, which were actually worn in the 98 all star game, and Flints). The scene with the shoes was like an extended Nike ad saying hey the AJ XIII is the newest model Jordan out, and yes it was part of Jake's character. This was in addition to the AJ XIII commercial where MJ changed from his Choppa suit and wingtip shoes into the AJ XIII. The ad, which ran from November 97, into the Spring of 98 was also the first official commercial for Nike's new division, Brand Jordan. So, for those to just be lazy and associate He Got Game with this colorway is kind of a misnomer. There was a lot happening in between the actual release and the movie .

Repped x 100

EXACTLY

Jordan 13's to me are the shoes he wore during the Pacers/Bulls ECF. EPIC series. Those Black/Red 13's while wearing those Red Bulls Jerseys. rimming in and out a game winning 3 with Reggie guarding MJ :smokin

He got games? I used to call them the black/white 13's lol

Glad I didn't buy any previous retros. Wallet is on hold until I see a proper retro, then every color will be copped

Last edited:
Man, I had no clue people would get this mad that I referred to them as "He Got Game" 13s. I mean, at the end of the day, they always end up on our own two feet, so it shouldn't be such a battle over what the correct name of the shoe is. Black/White, He Got Game, Jordan 13, all the same thing. I apologize to my OG heads that started to overreact about a name.

still He got Games.
Not like much else was done in them, he didn't technically even win the chip in them either.

HGG it is, that's the whole point in nicknames

Last edited:
EXACTLY

Jordan 13's to me are the shoes he wore during the Pacers/Bulls ECF. EPIC series. Those Black/Red 13's while wearing those Red Bulls Jerseys. rimming in and out a game winning 3 with Reggie guarding MJ
smokin.gif

He got games? I used to call them the black/white 13's lol

Glad I didn't buy any previous retros. Wallet is on hold until I see a proper retro, then every color will be copped
^^

Man, I had no clue people would get this mad that I referred to them as "He Got Game" 13s. I mean, at the end of the day, they always end up on our own two feet, so it shouldn't be such a battle over what the correct name of the shoe is. Black/White, He Got Game, Jordan 13, all the same thing. I apologize to my OG heads that started to overreact about a name.
  No worries on the nickname its all good.  I understand why they are called that.  Either way they are purchased when/if they release.  No reason to  get upset about all that.

Nobody is mad about nicknames 
laugh.gif
. I'm just adding perspective because I was old enough to see it unfold as it happened. People want to call it what they want, they're incorrect, but call it what you will idc.

Nobody is mad about nicknames :lol: . I'm just adding perspective because I was old enough to see it unfold as it happened. People want to call it what they want, they're incorrect, but call it what you will idc.
hgg can make sense tho *kanye shrug
Playoffs being called playoffs and the breds not, doesn't tho. Surprised no one brought that up

Nobody is mad about nicknames 
laugh.gif
. I'm just adding perspective because I was old enough to see it unfold as it happened. People want to call it what they want, they're incorrect, but call it what you will idc.
hgg can make sense tho *kanye shrug
Playoffs being called playoffs and the breds not, doesn't tho. Surprised no one brought that up
I guess to you it does, that's cool, but not everyone identifies it like that. I'm from the thought where the nicknames actually are taken from what's on the box, I never went away from that. Other names people have made up over time for whatever reason or another (i.e. Candy Cane 14's, which is dumb imo), I mean, it's not hard to read the box but since they keep re releasing shoes and never using the exact color from the original, things will get varied. 

I don't care for nick names personally. Being older I just say the CW like black/red. That said the only time nick names become annoying is when for example the thread for the rumored white & red 12s was created. The title was Cherry 12. I literally skipped past it several times before going in and seeing it was for the OG CW. By the title I thought it was a retro+ CW. To this day I still don't understand the Cherry term for those. Unless younger folk consider anything red as Cherry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom