Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Damn, some people really can't read.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

heres my contribution hopefully i could liven these things up.i pray that theres something else in store from afar they look like a poor mans xi.
oi6kwn.jpg

2nuix5i.jpg

1zh0129.jpg

35lhoqc.jpg

2gvla8o.jpg

Had His Airness worn these ANYTIME in his career I'd believe these would be considered one of the better designs, him not wearing them makes them "plain". This is a great design in a time when players are in search of lower profile basketball shoes... it's a shame that we'll never see the greatest wear them.

We go through this with EVERY AJ, Bron and Kobe, EVERY year. These are CLEARLY samples, and don't look polished or final at all. Let's wait till we see the production's before we get too carried away.
While a little TOO reminiscent of the XI's, they're a clean crisp shoe with lots of good colorway potential, IMO. These are a good contrast to the '10's which were just a little too out there.

its time for JB to pull retros from footlocker and just start selling em for 500% mark up, inject

Italian luxury quality in each pair & cut production WAY down..have em sold @ neiman marcus, nordstrom, blooming dales   if they wanna salvage any kind

of brand integrity.....

These are plain and subtle like the 10's with a little inspiration from the 11's! Going to wait on Jordan Brand's official pics!

My initial thoughts: the design of the shoe is all right, but isn't what I expect from a Air Jordan sneaker. However, the sockliner looks incredible.

seems the bottom loaded full length zoom experiment failed. funny that it should be replaced with the air now being placed as highly as it can. the zoom insole is disappointing, since it's only heel and forefoot, but the carbon plates is exciting me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

its time for JB to pull retros from footlocker and just start selling em for 500% mark up, inject

Italian luxury quality in each pair & cut production WAY down..have em sold @ neiman marcus, nordstrom, blooming dales   if they wanna salvage any kind

of brand integrity.....

there's nothing "classy" about a sports brand. all the hype otherwise is just hype. we ate it cuz we love the nostalgia the brand holds for us, but it really is BS, dude.
ohwell.gif
the brand has no integrity, but that's not why we're here.

Design doesn't look anything spectacular, but it is a Tinker design and they often tend to grow on you as time goes on. However, they do look like a performance beast and I will use them for what they were made for... basketball. And ball the hell out of them is what I will do.

Originally Posted by eltouha

seems the bottom loaded full length zoom experiment failed. funny that it should be replaced with the air now being placed as highly as it can. the zoom insole is disappointing, since it's only heel and forefoot, but the carbon plates is exciting me.

of brand integrity.....

there's nothing "classy" about a sports brand. 

i disagree

bmw_open_top.jpg

slideshow_1355070_125129_Fashion_Olympic_Outf.jpg

these brands sell sports and doing it real classy.....

jordan has I-XX3....they can just make em so touch notch, and price em all @ 400-500 that they'll last

forever in high fashion...cuz what they doing right now sucks.

sports themed products do not connote sports brands. this is coming from a bmw driver.

but even if i humour you on the above, jordan brand was never really classy. it tried to branch off on some classy products, but like the above, that doesn't connote a classy brand.

i do agree, however that oversaturation and cost cutting has severely cheapened the brand. these are jb's true colours. fortunately for me, that means i can buy and wear the shoes. i would not bother for the prices you mentioned, no matter what the material or exclusivity. those things don't matter that much to me at all. i would rather buy good fakes tbh. they are just shoes, shoes i have a ridiculous love for, but still i gotta be at least a little reasonable about them.

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

heres my contribution hopefully i could liven these things up.i pray that theres something else in store from afar they look like a poor mans xi.
2nuix5i.jpg

1zh0129.jpg
Not bad!

I do agree though they look like a Jeter shoe.

But kinda good to hear that this isn't the real 2011.  When they say it's a prototype though does that mean it will look similar to this?

Originally Posted by eltouha

of brand integrity.....

there's nothing "classy" about a sports brand. 

i disagree

these brands sell sports and doing it real classy.....

jordan has I-XX3....they can just make em so touch notch, and price em all @ 400-500 that they'll last

forever in high fashion...cuz what they doing right now sucks.
Sorry man, but if you think Jordans are in "High Fashion," you really are from the hood. I'd much rather spend $400-$500 on a pair of Ferragamos than a pair of basketball shoes. Comparing the Jordan line to BMW and Polo are like apples to oranges. BMW caters to their luxury/high end customers FIRST, then they branch off and have sporty cars. You ever driven a 6 series? They are not sporty. Big engine, clunky coupe with a drop top is not sporty.

There's a reason why people "grow up" and move on to higher fashion brands. Jordan Brand will always be a sportswear/performance brand. Not a high end fashion brand.

Actually BMW's are sporty, and I've driven a 6 series

Especially when you get to the M5's and M6's

Upon second look these aren't too bad and they'd grow on a lot of people. Still if the final version looks like these, people aren't going to start buying them until the price dropped.

Back
Top Bottom