Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Black/Charcoal better be a GR, not paying retail for all black, though.

I love the 2011's

Definitely will be picking up the Blackouts
smile.gif

Here are mine thus far
wink.gif

5504715636_6fc3d93186.jpg

5504715524_a6354aaea6.jpg

5504715476_5a1e6fc1e8.jpg

5504715682_7b1d772df6.jpg

5472114287_2328d57c32.jpg

Can't wait to ball in them after i get clearance from my doc!

Originally Posted by jordanskates17

I was wearing these today when the wind picked up...
laugh.gif
felt that cool breeze on the top of my feet!!!
breathability FTW!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I noticed that too! I was quite surprised at how breathable they were.

Saw the ASG joints in Athletes Foot yesterday. Had a fsr. The white/black pair was already on sale for $149.99. Pretty sure the ASGs will follow.

Originally Posted by nystatenisland

Saw the ASG joints in Athletes Foot yesterday. Had a fsr. The white/black pair was already on sale for $149.99. Pretty sure the ASGs will follow.

On sale, ALREADY? Nice.   I asked the Footaction salesman if they were going to go on sale, and he said Jordans never go on sale!!
roll.gif
   Puhleez...

Originally Posted by enyouartist

Originally Posted by nystatenisland

On sale, ALREADY? Nice.   I asked the Footaction salesman if they were going to go on sale, and he said Jordans never go on sale!!
roll.gif
   Puhleez...
AF is a franchise store, though...

Picked up my sz 12 ASG's at Nike Store Mall of America. Call up if you guys are still looking. Will pick up the reds on discount later.

Originally Posted by teller360

Originally Posted by BaYBoSs

just pre orderd my black patents cant wait
from who? and how much?
Im not sure where he ordered from but Ive ordered from this dude before and hes on the legit sellers list.  It is a PRE ORDER
thetank.bigcartel.com

Somehow I think the AJ2011 will be the first Air Jordan that becomes very popular and iconic
without MJ wearing it in the NBA.
Imagine that shoe would be worn by MJ and even cost less!
It would be a superseller like the AJ XI,XII and XIII back then.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Somehow I think the AJ2011 will be the first Air Jordan that becomes very popular and iconic
without MJ wearing it in the NBA.
Imagine that shoe would be worn by MJ and even cost less!
It would be a superseller like the AJ XI,XII and XIII back then.

XX3?
indifferent.gif

Got my pair a few days ago, really light (like the Huarachesque mesh windows) and the decorated leather piece looks great (smells good too!)

With the use of interchangeable midsoles in this shoe, I wondering how close JB/Nike is to reimplementing MORF tech. Ever since that line flopped, I've been wondering how hard Nike has tried to make it truly work. It began with the interchangeable pods in the XX1 & XX2, and the SC interview mentioned that the designers originally wanted to have a seperate midsole, inner bootie and shell before issues of weight and comfort eventually led to the current 2011. I think with a little time and with new tech like Hyperfuse and Flywire, there could be enough space and weight savings to make the MORF concept viable again, maybe even in time for the AJ 2012. And that might noticeably reduce that shoe's price, with possibly the whole package being priced from $170-$180 while future colorways may only be an external shell that will only cost $120-$140.

Wade Killed it last night against the Lakers in the OG wht/blk CW. I still think 10 yrs from now the OG CW will be the most sought after.

Originally Posted by TXZ

Got my pair a few days ago, really light (like the Huarachesque mesh windows) and the decorated leather piece looks great (smells good too!)

With the use of interchangeable midsoles in this shoe, I wondering how close JB/Nike is to reimplementing MORF tech. Ever since that line flopped, I've been wondering how hard Nike has tried to make it truly work. It began with the interchangeable pods in the XX1 & XX2, and the SC interview mentioned that the designers originally wanted to have a seperate midsole, inner bootie and shell before issues of weight and comfort eventually led to the current 2011. I think with a little time and with new tech like Hyperfuse and Flywire, there could be enough space and weight savings to make the MORF concept viable again, maybe even in time for the AJ 2012. And that might noticeably reduce that shoe's price, with possibly the whole package being priced from $170-$180 while future colorways may only be an external shell that will only cost $120-$140.
While I understand the logic in reducing the price, I just don't see it happening.  Even if it costs drastically less to produce I really doubt they will reduce the price much.  If I had to guess it will only go up.  

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

Originally Posted by TXZ

While I understand the logic in reducing the price, I just don't see it happening.  Even if it costs drastically less to produce I really doubt they will reduce the price much.  If I had to guess it will only go up.  
Yeah... I suppose a more realistic price for an Air Jordan with that kind of tech would be $200+ for the whole thing and $150-$160 for each different shell.

Ah well, this is all hypothetical anyway, practically no one really knows what the next Air Jordan will look like or how much it will cost.

Back
Top Bottom