Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

+1 on releasing the unc's over the orions. all i can do now is just be patient and wait for better colorways or ID's

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

there going to kill the shoe with all these colorways

+1

I HATE WHEN THEY DO THIS. CHEAPENS THE SHOE. RELEASE 5 SOLID CORWAYS AND CALL IT A DAY. SAVE THE REST FOR THE RETROS.

finally saw the all black 2011's in person. not impressed at all. to me, the shoe loses its appeal with the patent leather. the "warrior design" just looked like a sloppy paint job using the patent. patina leather > patent.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

+1

I HATE WHEN THEY DO THIS. CHEAPENS THE SHOE. RELEASE 5 SOLID CORWAYS AND CALL IT A DAY. SAVE THE REST FOR THE RETROS.

Nah, I say release more CWs for people who want options. This shoe is hot and more CWs doesn't "cheapen" it or whatever you mean by that. The quality of the shoe isn't going to degrade just because they're releasing a lot of CWs for it.  

^^ IDK I must say when you see soooo many CWs it does begin to get old. the Xs were pretty classic even after a billion CWs but others crashed and burned.... I know its not a very good comparison, but more recently, the XXs and the XX2 were DECENT, not terrible, when the first couple colorways showed themselves, but then region packs made everyone wayyyy too tired of them. Now those shoes' legacies are sorta lame. JMO... and some other peoples too.

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

+1

Nah, I say release more CWs for people who want options. This shoe is hot and more CWs doesn't "cheapen" it or whatever you mean by that. The quality of the shoe isn't going to degrade just because they're releasing a lot of CWs for it.  

i dont anything about quality 
just it's over kill to release so many of the same shoe

in such a short amount of time 

i disagree. i think new shoes should have alot of colorways for collecting purposes. it makes each colorway more valuable down the line. retros should stick to like 5 colorways or less at a time.

i would generally agree, but the 2011 hasn't had solid colourways released yet. i've only really loved the yotr.

when i saw the original white/black in person, i was really underwhelmed.

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

So when do the "COMETS" come out?? Anyone???
April 14, 2011 at House of Hoops, NDC, and Eastbay. They should be up for sale online around 12:00AM Pacific Time.

+1

NOT TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY. 

I HAVE BEEN EXCITED FOR THE 2011 BUT LATELY AFTER SEEING ALL THE EXTRA COLORWAYS MY EXCITEMENT HAS GONE DOWN. IMO, THEY SHOULD OF STUCK WITH THE YOTR, ALL STARS, WHITE/RED, WHITE/BLACK AND THROWN IN A BRED COLORWAY AND SAVED ALLTHESE EXTRA ONES FOR WHEN THE SHOE RETROS. IMO, ALL THESE NEW COLORWAYS HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE WHETHER THEY ARE RELEASING TO THE PUBLIC OR NOT. THEY HAVE ACTUALLY MADE ME LIKE THE 2011 LESS...

IN COMPARISON, THE JORDAN 11 AND 13 MY TWO FAVORITE MODELS HAD A FEW CLASSIC COLORWAYS THEIR FIRST GO AROUND THAT MADE THOSE SHOES SPECIAL. ON THE OTHER HAND, TAKE A LOOK AT THE JORDAN 1. THAT SHOE HAS DEFINITELY BEEN OVERDONE. I CAN'T EVEN PURCHASE A JORDAN 1 ANYMORE...

I'm just looking forward to the Black/Green pair. Saw the JBC pairs at my HOH. The Red one looks so much better than the Blue one. Orion Blue needs to be thrown away. I'll probably cop neither though. Rather get another pair of Bordeaux's.

I agree though, the Chlorine Blue colorway is so wack. Sometimes I wonder who gives the green light to these colors. They look like women's shoes, not men's. Drop a White/Carolina or Black/Carolina pair and be done with it. Stop playin around JB!

I'm really trying to get the JBC black/red AJ 2011 and just wanted to know what time(eastern) does NDC and Eastbay usually put the shoes up on the site?

Originally Posted by Johnny Kilroy

I'm really trying to get the JBC black/red AJ 2011 and just wanted to know what time(eastern) does NDC and Eastbay usually put the shoes up on the site?
9:00 PM Pacific
12:00 AM Eastern

There are like 3 GR, 2 QS, and 2 more QS releasing in very limited quantities this week. The JBCs may be a one time only deal, so they probably aren't going to get retro'd in the future. And there's like 4 CWs that won't release to the public at all.
What other 2 QSs were there? YotR and all black?

Back
Top Bottom