Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by teller360

For those of you that had your lace strap snap, have you contacted Nike to get a replacement or anything? It hasn't happened to me yet, just curious what nike will say if it does.
I also would like to know about this.  On both my blk/charcoal and blk/white I notice both the laces and the eyelet straps are fraying.  I don't see them lasting another month if I continue to hoop in them.

Was D-Wade wearing a black/red pair of 2011s tonight or his Fly Wades?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ALWAYZJWALKINN

CALLED EASTBAY AND GOT THE GIFT BOX OPTION..
ohwell.gif

I FEEL THAT WE SHOULDNT PAY EXTRA FOR A BOX..BUT I GUESS THATS WHAT WE GOT TO DO IF YOU WANT YOUR PACKAGE CRISP...
pimp.gif

call'd eastbay and talked to manager Maggi about the bags, she told me:

me-i heard my shoes will ship in a bag.
maggi- it was the warehouse's discretion and they know how you guys care about jordans.
me-since they know this, will my shoes be in a box? and can i combine my orders?
maggi-idk. unfortunatly the order has already been processed, its nothing i can do. im sorry you didn't know you could research the internet for a solution.
me-(wut)...you being an eastbay manager aside, how would you feel about $500 worth of shoes coming in a bag?
maggi-the protective bag is cost affective and efficient.
me-
eek.gif
too who!
maggi-too you
indifferent.gif
me-
eek.gif
would that bag protect against crushing and damage to the shoes?
maggi-uhhh yeah? in a way. the bag is just as good as a box.but we offer alternatives for $4.99.

the convo went on, but i knew i wasn't getting anywhere. after that response. I just wanted her to know i was upset about it.

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

EastbayRep wrote:

We do not double box the Jordan 2011 shoes.  If you just order one pair of shoes, there is a very good chance they will be shipped in a bag.

EastbayRep - Ray
i ordered the jbc 2011's last week and they are still in processing status since they are back-ordered until tomorrow. is there any possible option i have right now to request them be shipped double-boxed?
i'd really love to have the box arrive intact if possible and that seems unlikely if they are handled in a mere bag.
thanks

i too thank you for your continued diligence in answering all our queries and sharing your info. i greatly appreciate it and i'm certain most of the nt community does as well.
The best thing to do is call in and request to add the gift box option (extra $3.99) to your order.  Yes, this is not a good solution to this issue, but it will make sure your shoe gets shipped in a box and not a bag.  Depending on how you paid (PayPal or BML) for the order, you may need to supply a credit/debit card to pay for the gift box.

While on the phone, you may want to request a Supervisor to complain about shipping shoes in bags.

We are hoping to receive our shipment for the Orion Blue and Comet Red 2011's in soon.  Once I see that we have received the shipment, I will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray

So much for a gift box here...

These gift box are HUGE! Don't they have smaller ones. I called in to get my refund on the gift box, but to get a pair of sz 11 shoe in such a big box makes no sense. I wouldn't even want to use it to give it as a gift since it's so HUGE.

Eastbay sent my white/red 2011's in the giant box and I didn't pay for a gift box.  The problem is that the 2011 box is so oddly shaped, that they don't have any appropriate boxes to ship them in.  One of my shoes had fallen half-way out of the box, but as I live in Indiana, they didn't get beat up too bad.

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

i ordered the jbc 2011's last week and they are still in processing status since they are back-ordered until tomorrow. is there any possible option i have right now to request them be shipped double-boxed?
i'd really love to have the box arrive intact if possible and that seems unlikely if they are handled in a mere bag.
thanks

i too thank you for your continued diligence in answering all our queries and sharing your info. i greatly appreciate it and i'm certain most of the nt community does as well.
The best thing to do is call in and request to add the gift box option (extra $3.99) to your order.  Yes, this is not a good solution to this issue, but it will make sure your shoe gets shipped in a box and not a bag.  Depending on how you paid (PayPal or BML) for the order, you may need to supply a credit/debit card to pay for the gift box.

While on the phone, you may want to request a Supervisor to complain about shipping shoes in bags.

We are hoping to receive our shipment for the Orion Blue and Comet Red 2011's in soon.  Once I see that we have received the shipment, I will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray

These gift box are HUGE! Don't they have smaller ones. I called in to get my refund on the gift box, but to get a pair of sz 11 shoe in such a big box makes no sense. I wouldn't even want to use it to give it as a gift since it's so HUGE.

mad.gif

btw maggi told me that shipments are already on the truck and they are just waiting for the tracking numbers. so i couldnt get a gift box if i wanted too. and is that the giftbox, just a regular box nothing fancy smh. its always somehing, as if $170 shoes wasnt enuff.

Originally Posted by Error on page

btw maggi told me that shipments are already on the truck and they are just waiting for the tracking numbers. so i couldnt get a gift box if i wanted too. and is that the giftbox, just a regular box nothing fancy smh. its always somehing, as if $170 shoes wasnt enuff.

Yup thta's the gift box. It took up half of my freakin back seat! I have no clue why it's so damn big! If I were to really use it like a gift box as I've mentioned before I would've been fried cause it's so HUGE. I wish they had smaller size gift box.

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Due to the Jordan 2011 shoe boxes being such an odd shaped box, it appears that gift box is the smallest one we have that will fit them.  How is your Jordan 2011 shoe box?  Is it in good shape? 

Originally Posted by Error on page

I just checked our system and we did end up receiving our shipment in for both the Comet Red and Orion Blue colorways.  Most orders should be shipping out later tonight.  If you want me to check on your order, just send us a private message.

Yes, the gift box is nothing fancy, but it is better than a bag. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Are the black/green 2011's going to be released on eastbay.com Ray ?
I can not find any information yet on this colorway or the other two colorways that are suppose to release on 4/30/11.  If anything comes up, I will post an update.

EastbayRep - Ray

Saw both the Jordan Brand Classics in person. The Orion Blue's look better in pictures. The Comet Red's look better in person. The Comet Red's are definitely more striking after seeing both of them.

Originally Posted by justice4all2028

i too prefer the gray. nice contrast.

and i'm still not convinced that we won't get them as the release. i'm not saying we will, but it wouldn't be the first time Jordan released a sample pic, would it? i've sent a message to marqueesole to confirm the ones they're selling do indeed have the grey patina, but they haven't responded. gave the SKU to NDC today, but they said they didn't have any info. eastbay said on here they had no info. isn't that odd two weeks from release, esp when release date was just announced yesterday?

we live in the information age...so this information vacuum is FRUSTRATING!
Keep us updated if you hear back man.

Def want the grey pair of blk/greens not the newer ones

I've contacted marqueesole and they told me they have the electric greens with the grey mudguard! I ordered a size 10. I'm not taking any chances on these. The grey mudguard is killing it. I should have them early next week. I'll post pics then.

Back
Top Bottom