Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Couldnt get a good look at it, but maybe nba pics would show some evidence once they have em up, but it looked like Dwayne Wade was wearing the AJ2011 in the first half of the heat vs knicks game but swapped to the 2010s in the second half. anyone have screen grabs or something to show some light?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

If you seriously think all those Jordans you listed were made for style over performance than you seriously need to delete your account. Hell, cancel your internet subscription so you can't post ANYWHERE online.

maybe i said too many numbers but i guarantee you i know for sure the 2, 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20 and i never said style over performance. i said with alot of style in mind. and the XI and XVI was definitely was made with alot of style in mind as said by the description.

You edited your post, so I don't know exactly what you said.

And how do you know for sure? Did you help with the design process on these projects?

I'm not saying they weren't made for style as well, but it's a totally different game these days than it was when those classic styles dropped. With the way technology is now, the limit keeps getting pushed on the flagship Jordan shoe. It's made for luxury performance.

Originally Posted by RJay23

Couldnt get a good look at it, but maybe nba pics would show some evidence once they have em up, but it looked like Dwayne Wade was wearing the AJ2011 in the first half of the heat vs knicks game but swapped to the 2010s in the second half. anyone have screen grabs or something to show some light?

the only photo where you can see wade's feet that i can find, he's in 2010's.
bdb50ef4cdcbf901c7bb6584bbce1796-getty-103892321ab011_miami_heat_v.jpg

Originally Posted by 23king24

If you seriously think all those Jordans you listed were made for style over performance than you seriously need to delete your account. Hell, cancel your internet subscription so you can't post ANYWHERE online.

maybe i said too many numbers but i guarantee you i know for sure the 2, 9, 10, 11, 16, 18, 20 and i never said style over performance. i said with alot of style in mind. and the XI and XVI was definitely was made with alot of style in mind as said by the description.
The XI was the first Jordan shoe with a carbon fiber plate in it. The XVI was the first Jordan shoe with the combo of Zoom air in the forefoot and Blow Molded Air in the heel., and not designed by Tinker. The XVIII was the first shoe with memory foam. The XX was the first Jordan with the IPS that they developed and further pushed through the XX1. The XX3 was the first shoe to showcase a seamless design using biodegradable glues and used recycled rubber. So no, you are pretty wrong man. The whole reason for Jordan Brand to be thought of as a revolutionary and so ahead in the market is the fact that they always bring a new technological/performance element to the game.

However, I'll give you the II, only because back then all shoes felt a certain way and looked a certain way. It's tough to say the I and the II were technologically anything. And the IX and the X were both shoes that were "retirement" shoes, since MJ wasn't playing at the time. The X was a shoe that was made to show off accolades.

BTW, did anyone catch this commercial? Looks like they are wearing the Osneaker sample from what I can tell in the blurred out kicks. We'll all find out come Christmas Day. I'm glad Wade is wearing the flagship model instead of some clown colored abomination.

Function over form. +1

if the padding is tight on these and not all flimsy like the 23s was (who some of you think that was the best jordan ,and it felt like paper bag)im copping these relaease date

laugh.gif

grin.gif

you know how much BETTER performance wise da II's over da I's?.........when from heel air only to full length air sole.

da XI's people forget that it was da FIRST SNEAKER to use carbon fiber as a shank plate...da patent leather always shadows that.

and da 20's were a good as performer as da way they looked.

I like them.
I also liked the 2010's from the jump.
I'm also 36 and married, and wear shoes because I like them, and not to impress others. It's easy for you 20-somethings to jump on the bashing bandwagon, but when you're old enough to not give a crap what other people think about you, it's liberating. The upside is that if you guys really don't like it, it will be much easier for me to wait and pick up other colorways at the outlets (like the 2010), so, thank you for that.

Somehow this reminds me of a XI or XII pair, but I'm definitely likin' it!
Finally a new design by JB that I can play ball in.
Don't get me wrong, I love how the Jordan 2010 was made, but 2009 was ugly and too stiff for me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif

you know how much BETTER performance wise da II's over da I's?.........when from heel air only to full length air sole.

Correction: the OG 2 had heel air just like the 1. Not full length

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

The XI was the first Jordan shoe with a carbon fiber plate in it.

Reebok were putting weaved support plates in their shoes before Nike. The plate in the XI wasn't quite as revolutionary as JB would like us to think it was.

Back
Top Bottom