Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Actually BMW's are sporty, and I've driven a 6 series

Especially when you get to the M5's and M6's

laugh.gif
Sporty? No man. The 6 series are heavy and turn like garbage. M5 and M6 are both glorified luxury sedan chassis with tuned parts. Very nice cars, but not at all sports performance cars. I personally love the M5 and the M6, but I don't consider them sports cars at all.

But that's neither here nor there. The point is, Jordan Brand isn't a "High-Fashion" brand. I wouldn't call it the BMW of shoes. Maybe the Ferrari of sneakers, but not of shoes. There are too many quality shoe brands out there that make JB look like a joke.

Basically this is it.
There's only two months left until these hit the shelves.  And there's no way that JB has time to make any changes other than color blocking and mesh placement.  I really, really do like the simplicity of the shoe, but the mesh cutouts at the ankle give the shoe a cheap, low quality look overall.  The insoles are amazing, but knowing that I can take the entire tech of the Jordan 2K11 and move it over to a dress shoe makes buying these pointless.

One thing that the 2K11, and other 2K models, have done is make me appreciate the XX3 that much more.
I will be looking for some pairs of these before JB starts producing low quality XX3 retros.

XX3 was the end and it was one of the best of the line. 

It was very hard for me to move on but I have.  The company's only chance to get me back is a good quality retro that is widely available so I don't need to wait on a line for it.

They are idiots though.  After what happened with the XI's at the end of last year you'd think they'd be smart enough to mass produce the grey ones coming out this year.  Nope, they'll be impoissible to get.

We had a good run JB.  Too bad you went out like a sucker.

Originally Posted by eltouha

^the 2010 are excellent shoes in every way.

laugh.gif

They're hideous.  The window is a joke.  It's sad, the JB sig is a DISTANT third to the LeBron (3 different versions) and Kobe (ID at launch!) lines.

JB became such a joke, this is soooo sad, when you see that the best sellers of Nov was the White/White AF1s, LBJ VIIIs and then retroes and fusions, you can see that JB lost the crown. Besides with these they just expanded the XXI concept of choosing your own type of air, zoom or max, which when you see the hideous 2010s may be a good way to avoid other freaks of nature. 

Stop crying... Same sappy stories every frekkin year knowin damn well you all will buy em still like how y'all still buy the retros... Y'all acting like lil girls waiting for prince charming lol... Good quality?? Not gonna happen... Fresh dope designs?? Nope... Y'all dwell on the past and are not open minded to newer stuff just like JB who keeps using old design inspirations.. It's 2011 if I was back in 1985 I figured the air Jordan of 2011 would be some real futuristic type *@%... NOPE... To the sensitive ones don't take it personal I'm just sayin

^geez, man. you didn't have to put it like that. [starts crying] waaaaaahhhhhhhhmbulance where are you?!

but seriously, i don't see how these can be considered even remotely 1980's. it looks pretty modern to me. lots of balling shoes kinda look like runners these days. you know, faster game and all.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Actually BMW's are sporty, and I've driven a 6 series

Especially when you get to the M5's and M6's

laugh.gif
Sporty? No man. The 6 series are heavy and turn like garbage. M5 and M6 are both glorified luxury sedan chassis with tuned parts. Very nice cars, but not at all sports performance cars. I personally love the M5 and the M6, but I don't consider them sports cars at all.

But that's neither here nor there. The point is, Jordan Brand isn't a "High-Fashion" brand. I wouldn't call it the BMW of shoes. Maybe the Ferrari of sneakers, but not of shoes. There are too many quality shoe brands out there that make JB look like a joke.
It's true they are NOT sports cars! BMW markets them as spots cars but they are slow heavy cars. Over rated heavy slow cars.

I actually like them (I haven't said that in awhile).... Imma go off the deep end by saying that these could possibly look better then the XV,XVII,XVIII and XIX (possibly).... And defiantly better then the XXII,2k9,2k10.... Folks gotta keep in mind that these shoes are primarily designed for Wade.... And this is a shoe that I could easily see him hoopin in... I believe that if this would have dropped back in Jordans playing years (even with the wizards) this shoe would be embraced with higher integrity then it is now... I can't wait to see the finished product.... Hopefully he comes out with multiple team color schemes like the x's.... I would love an Knicks, kings, magic, Celtic colorway.... hell I think even a hawks (obsidian) type colorway would be dope.... Just my opinion****second thought**** it's something about the Icey sole that don't sit right with me... I really don't know, I think that is what's making it feel like a team shoe.... I think that he probably could have went with smoke sole or a solid color

I'm glad this isn't the final design. The design doesn't look totally finished and the colorblocking isn't helping. As others have said, it makes the shoe look like a team Jordan. Those photoshops a couple pages back definitely help the shoes look better. I am excited about the sleek nature of the shoe and the interchangeable cushioning. I'd rather have full length zoom with double stacked in the heel, but I'm sure one of the setups will work for me. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished design and see if the tweaks help the shoes look nicer.

could we get a pick up game wit mike in these please so i could atleast consider buyin this crap ...................................make it happen

Originally Posted by ninjahood

its time for JB to pull retros from footlocker and just start selling em for 500% mark up, inject

Italian luxury quality in each pair & cut production WAY down..have em sold @ neiman marcus, nordstrom, blooming dales   if they wanna salvage any kind

of brand integrity.....
You see the kind of jeans Money wears? Not gonna happen.

i know we heard tinker talk about these shoes however i believe jason mayes is actually the lead designer behind the 2011 with assistance from tinker..

even if these are samples im guesing for the most part they will look the same minus maybe alternate stichting on the side panels..

im pretty sure JM was the lead designer with the Jeters which is reason for such a resemblence in the sub par design quality...

im not all that interested in switching my soles around just give me some full length zoom or ips and focus more on design quality...

gotta hand it to em though they definately find a way to make you appreciate the previous signature release even more when they drop the new ones for the next highest branch of the ugly tree..

they maybe prototypes but the apple desnt fall far from the tree. where getting a basic look at what were getting.yea some things maybe altered but thats the shoe.obviously its simple or maybe to simple im just hoping for alot more and hearing a $200 price tag makes it soooooooo much worse.

Back
Top Bottom