Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Then they'll release again with Nike on the bottom aswell....WATCH, but that will cost u an extra 15 -20 bucks.

Why are people anticipating the Royal I's?
These sat around like crazy in '01... although times have changed.

This. At one point, they were $60. I wish I saw this coming and should have scooped up 5 pairs from the store w my discount and held on to them. But, I'm not a reseller. *Shrugs*

THE JUMPMAN PAIRS ALL JUST BECAME OBSOLETE.

I'm sorry but that sounds like straight hype talk man.

Then they'll release again with Nike on the bottom aswell....WATCH, but that will cost u an extra 15 -20 bucks.

PRETTY MUCH.

NIKE IS GOING TO GET US TO RE-BUY THE SAME SHOE EVERY YEAR JUST BY ADDING AND DELETING FEATURES WITH EACH RELEASE. THIS IS THEIR GAMEPLAN TO KEEP RETROS RELEVANT. WHY MAKE $160 EVERY 5 YEARS ON A PAIR OF RETROS WHEN YOU CAN MAKE THAT $160 EVERY YEAR?

PRETTY MUCH.
NIKE IS GOING TO GET US TO RE-BUY THE SAME SHOE EVERY YEAR JUST BY ADDING AND DELETING FEATURES WITH EACH RELEASE. THIS IS THEIR GAMEPLAN TO KEEP RETROS RELEVANT. WHY MAKE $160 EVERY 5 YEARS ON A PAIR OF RETROS WHEN YOU CAN MAKE THAT $160 EVERY YEAR?
Not "us", but I can def see JB doing this.

This. At one point, they were $60. I wish I saw this coming and should have scooped up 5 pairs from the store w my discount and held on to them. But, I'm not a reseller. *Shrugs*

NOT TO THOSE THAT WANT A TRUE TO FORM RETRO. JUMPMAN RETRO WAS COOL WHEN IT WAS UNDERSTOOD THAT JORDAN BRAND NEVER WOULD BRING BACK NIKE AIR. WE NOW KNOW THAT TO BE FALSE. CAN'T LOOK AT THE JUMPMAN RETRO KNOWING THAT JB IS FULLY CAPABLE OF RETROING THE SNEAKERS EXACTLY HOW I REMEMBER THEM (WELL, NOT EXACTLY WITH THAT JUMPMAN ON THE BOTTOM :lol: )

^
been reading this thread & more people are happy about these than upset
but the words of few upset plants keep getting recycled making it seem like a wave of discontent
when really that's not the case

the only common thing i've read people being uneasy about is the tentative availability...
say hypothetically (& am not adding hype cause it won't happen this way) these only release in Chicago...
that would leave a lot of fans bent out of shape cause only a very small % of those that want would even be eligible to get
know what i mean acid man?
Pretty much, but we have a bunch of census takers on NT who have nothing better to do than monitor everyone else's comments and put them on e-trail.
MN announced BC3's with NIKE AIR are coming up after these now
roll.gif
damn, i aint copping NO OG COLORS with a jumpman, its quiet for those.

my CDP black and cement III's just became windows 95
mean.gif
roll.gif

Big reason why Nike/Nike Retro/eBay sellers get more of my money nowadays.  Too much nonsense and hoops to jump through with JB just for the privilege to give them our bread lol.

It's like me asking someone in '01, "Why are people anticipating the blk/red 1's? They sat around like crazy in '94. Hell they were @ $9.99-29.99 on sell racks, but 7yrs later they sold out. Why? Because nothing stays the same forever.

Now it's 12yrs later since the Royals, and yup, times have indeed changed.

Last edited:
It's like me asking someone in '01, "Why are people anticipating the blk/red 1's? They sat around like crazy in '94. Hell they were @ $9.99-29.99 on sell racks, but 7yrs later they sold out. Why? Because nothing stays the same forever.
QFT, hype just fluctuates like that. In 2002 everyone was beasting AF1s and Olive 9s sat around forever. In 2012 Olive 9s were gone like that and AF1s sit on sale racks for months :lol:

NOT TO THOSE THAT WANT A TRUE TO FORM RETRO. JUMPMAN RETRO WAS COOL WHEN IT WAS UNDERSTOOD THAT JORDAN BRAND NEVER WOULD BRING BACK NIKE AIR. WE NOW KNOW THAT TO BE FALSE. CAN'T LOOK AT THE JUMPMAN RETRO KNOWING THAT JB IS FULLY CAPABLE OF RETROING THE SNEAKERS EXACTLY HOW I REMEMBER THEM (WELL, NOT EXACTLY WITH THAT JUMPMAN ON THE BOTTOM :lol: )

That's understood. For my money, I'm smarter than that though. I have '03s in decent shape and DS '11's. Why would I pay $160 just for Nike on the back? To me, that's foolish. JB will always have you on a string with these mind games they play if you fall for it. If that's what you want to do, cool. But I'm not for those games.

But that "desire" grew out of control when Kanye was pictured with them on. Just like when he wore those Flight 89's some months back. They were sitting on the shelf, pic shows up, then boom, they were gone in a blink. Nike/JB knows what they're doing with their new marketing "strategy"

Flight 89s are still sitting on shelves, though.

Not at niketown brotha. I came into work a few days after that pic surfaced, and like 3 pairs of them white blues were left. There was a FSR a week prior. We were all looking at each other like w t f? Same thing with that USTF shirt.

But that "desire" grew out of control when Kanye was pictured with them on. Just like when he wore those Flight 89's some months back. They were sitting on the shelf, pic shows up, then boom, they were gone in a blink. Nike/JB knows what they're doing with their new marketing "strategy"

People give Kanye too much credit. I agree he created a lot of buzz for em, but these were going for $300+ back in '07 before Kanye ever wore em. And people were begging for them to retro after the strap b/reds & low phat Royals dropped around '08.

As for the Flight '89 I saw the same True Blue pair he had on for $50 on sale at one store, and buy 1 get one 50% off at a few others around the way. They moved because they were cheap mainly. Only shoe he can take full credit for are his own.

Last edited:
Very true!!! I purchased one pair of the 2011 WC 3s and now I'll have a chance to get a 2nd pair of one of my favorite shoes... Don't really care it came out two years ago.... Now I can wear my 2011 pair more often without worrying about wear and tear since I'm going to try to get these!!!
THIS!!!

We asked, we begged, we pleaded.... and JB has delivered...somewhat.  Since "Nike Air" is truly revelant to retro's 3-6... Nike has a limited number of retros to work with.  Sad thing is they can give us all these in every colorway that has dropped and they will be instant sell-outs every time even after being retroed 3-4 times...but whats really next after "Nike Air"?  Once we get those... which is what most of us have wanted...with Nike retroing at least 2 to 3 and even 4 retro series a year they are going to run out of options real fast since most people are only concerned with series 1-14 others 1-13.  After this the only way they can get us is with retros with "premium materials"
roll.gif
  On the flip side they can string this out over years... dropping one series a year and one colorway of each shoe with "nike air" every 2-3 months.  There is a potential of 17 retros series 3-6 (correct me if wrong) which most of already been retroed 2 maybe even 3 times...So what happens to your JB collecting after you have all the above... with "Nike Air".... I guess one can truly retire.....from jordans that is
nthat.gif

Last edited:
^^^ nike can retro the XVI, XVII with pretty good success IMO.
seems like they just playing it safe and hitting the rewind button.

True I forget about those but persoanally only want the bred 16's.  After that the only one I really would want is the red suede 21's....those are beautiful, still.

JB can only go along for so long, once everything has been re-retro's, that's when you can filter out the re-sellers, and hypebeasts.

They're milking the success of the 3's and 4's to the fullest.

Black/Cement with Nike Air will be here sooner than later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom