Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptainSneakerhead.. Gotta say. Day before release when there was mass confusion as to if FNL will release them or not (I was the one who got the DM saying they would late Friday around 10pm)-- I was on the phone with FNL customer service reps all throughout the day correcting my winners circle points and asking about Royals. 1 rep I spoke with said it is a limited release and FNL will have ABOUT 50 pairs for sale.

I thought the rep was an idiot until realizing afterward that that was actually a lot considering a lot of stores didnt even get a FSR. Now to say they held back a 1000 is a little outrageous. No doubt though that they held back pairs. 1k is just unrealistic. Maybe a few FSR's though

Fam, i was jus naming stores as examples, not saying they had them for sale .. I know FTL or NDC didn't have the Royals :smh:

I remember wat u went thru the day before RD. Why is 1K unrealistic if it's spread out across the board? That's not a lot of pairs.

And 1 rep told u 50 while another one told me "GR, plenty of pairs for everyone" the day before. So either way who really knows which one was correct. I didn't post the info to debate it, im just passing on info from someone who works for JB and hasnt let me down yet. You have multiple people saying similar info. Once again take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks capt'n, appreciate the nod and you sharing the info about these. I think the 1,000 pair number is realistic for one big reason.... Your contact specifically included in store releases for a grand opening. We've seen this for HoH's before, but you rarely come across a normal FNL opening with previously released heat. The reason it makes sense is because of FNL's plans for the rest of this year. FNL is planning on opening a new style of store in 2013. They want to have their own version of HoH. These stores will be similar to HoH in that they will be the special stores with the FNL branding and will receive special and limited releases, as well as high quality apparel. They won't be Nike brand oriented stores like HoH's (to my knowledge at least), but will be FNL's premiere locations and they are not holding back with these stores. Just from the location they have purchased for my city's future store, I know they're bringin out all the bells and whistles. And I live in a small market that just got their first HoH. So I can only imagine the other places these stores will pop up. They won't replace FNL's, but will instead supplement FNL's that already exist, just like HoH's and foot lockers. This is THE shoe of 2013 so far, at least for myself and for JB, so it only makes sense that these will make an appearance at the opening of these stores. Now NDC holding and releasing these online through nikestore.com (KCmo info) is not something I know anything about or could see happening, but more power to em if they wanna get more of these to the public. I'm also not saying I have heard any of this info about royals from anyone I know, but the stores I talked about are coming.

No offence taken bro- you got your info- i got mine. Just trying to be a realist.
But again- you avoid answering the pertinent question- how many pairs have your connects seen in the warehouse?? a pair? a size run? 1,000? 5,000?
I understand you have come correct with info in the past-and i aint calling you a liar- I just want some clarification as to how many pairs have been held back- because you aint giving it.

My fault I didn't know yall wanted actual numbers, I would have said I didn't know that info a long time ago, my connect gets large boxes off trucks and stock them in a warehouse, he never sees whats in the boxes, they are labeled with codes, style numbers, and other crap we wouldnt understand, he works a shift with about 50 other people, he said he got a bout 30 boxes in 3 days with Royal 1 style codes, he wouldnt know how many his coworkers touched in the same 3 days. He just knows they have them sitting 2 weeks after the release date.

Last edited:
Well restock or no restock I am outy........got my 9.5 in today and the bs is over.........man these look awesome in person.......tried them on and they look dope on feet. ..........good luck to the rest of you.

Well restock or no restock I am outy........got my 9.5 in today and the bs is over.........man these look awesome in person.......tried them on and they look dope on feet. ..........good luck to the rest of you.
No they don't and they fit too tight on you. I'll do you a favor and take these off your hands. Thank me later. 
wink.gif

I'm still looking for that elusive 9.5 without giving my first born. Hoping on a restock but I'm not too lucky online. Thanks for the info. 
smokin.gif

Actually if most used common sense to wade through the conspiracy theories, u might find truth in what others have said. But.....better left for those holdin out for a pair before all options are spent.

I broke my pair out the other day. They're surprisingly comfy. The leather was pretty soft so my feet had a smooth ride.

People get super hyped for restocks but the truth remains that you have a better chance of knocking up a girl who's been on that BC than getting a very limited restock at a random time.

On another note, wore mine to the mall just for the sole reason of copping some forcefields and stunting on the lames who work at my local champs and FTL.  All them dudes were mad salty and kept asking me a million questions.  I just played it off like I had a great connect from the bay (which I don't) and all them dudes were instantly trying to be my best friend (even though they all mad shady and always take pairs on RD to resell on CL).  They did tell me tho that only one Sheikh got em in my whole town and they literally got 12 pairs.

People get super hyped for restocks but the truth remains that you have a better chance of knocking up a girl who's been on that BC than getting a very limited restock at a random time.

On another note, wore mine to the mall just for the sole reason of copping some forcefields and stunting on the lames who work at my local champs and FTL.  All them dudes were mad salty and kept asking me a million questions.  I just played it off like I had a great connect from the bay (which I don't) and all them dudes were instantly trying to be my best friend (even though they all mad shady and always take pairs on RD to resell on CL).  They did tell me tho that only one Sheikh got em in my whole town and they literally got 12 pairs.

Haha yeah I wore mine to the mall too. Workers at Champs and Foot Locker were def. looking hard at my feet.

On the search for the highly sought after size 13 hopefully a pair pops up soon in the NY/NJ area

got mine today but almost immediately flipped for ds south beach. maybe it is just me but royals were less impressive in person and i think the hype was overwhelming. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom