Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hunt for 2 pairs is over for me..

Found a buyer that is selling it for 230 shipped from Europe. 

This thread compared to the OG Huarache thread is literally a world of difference. Royals are classics, yes, but so are those and they were EASY cops. $245 shipped to my door for 2 pairs. Meanwhile you guys are hunting for $300+ pairs of Royals :smh:

I think the 1s in 2009 were coincidence.

It seems like it started with the 23rd anniversary of the 3s, and they started doing the OG boxes.

So it was like White Cement, True Blue, Black Cement, and different Jordans sprinkled in.
Same way with the 4s last year, complete with the OG boxes, and the OG colorways.
This year is definitely the 5s 23rd, hence the OG box.

It doesn't matter if other releases come out in the year, those 3s, 4s, and this year's 5s are treated in this fashion.

The other releases will probably come in the new all black Jordan boxes.

The 1s being released this year complete with OG boxes are a mystery to me. Maybe it's just to celebrate Michael Jordan turning 50...?

Last edited:
Well, it turns out patience does pay off on this release.  I got right through for these on a bunch of sites and always got em snatched after hitting the submit button on my orders and the sites crashing.  Got through on JJ on Thursday and they wouldn't accept payment for any of the Area 72 shoes, so I had to make a new account and it was working fine all day Friday.  So when these drop, I get em in my cart, through checkout, and hit submit order.  JJ kicks me back to the enter payment and address screen giving me the same error as the night before.  I was irate.  So I have been on the hunt like everyone else in this thread, losing sleep and taking L's left and right.

I come home today to a JJ box on my doorstep, thinking holy ****, there is no way those are Royal 1's.  No chance.  Tear open the box, and get the biggest surprise I've had in a LONG time!

My order actually submitted, even though it never went to the order complete screen and never gave me an order number.  I had to make this new account with an email address I never use anymore, so I never checked it for emails since I didn't think I got through.  I was about to stand in the snow, sleet, and rain in 25 degree temps for 8 hours tonight for a final chance at these tomorrow, so this package came at the perfect time.  Needless to say, I can't stop smiling and looking at these classics!!

damn, nice grape grats brotha
Thanks man, I'm still shocked.  I get to enjoy my day of vacation tomorrow now too.  I guess I can quit cursing JJ now too
laugh.gif

Well, it turns out patience does pay off on this release.  I got right through for these on a bunch of sites and always got em snatched after hitting the submit button on my orders and the sites crashing.  Got through on JJ on Thursday and they wouldn't accept payment for any of the Area 72 shoes, so I had to make a new account and it was working fine all day Friday.  So when these drop, I get em in my cart, through checkout, and hit submit order.  JJ kicks me back to the enter payment and address screen giving me the same error as the night before.  I was irate.  So I have been on the hunt like everyone else in this thread, losing sleep and taking L's left and right.

I come home today to a JJ box on my doorstep, thinking holy ****, there is no way those are Royal 1's.  No chance.  Tear open the box, and get the biggest surprise I've had in a LONG time!

My order actually submitted, even though it never went to the order complete screen and never gave me an order number.  I had to make this new account with an email address I never use anymore, so I never checked it for emails since I didn't think I got through.  I was about to stand in the snow, sleet, and rain in 25 degree temps for 8 hours tonight for a final chance at these tomorrow, so this package came at the perfect time.  Needless to say, I can't stop smiling and looking at these classics!!
That definitely beats the time I found a $10 bill in my pocket

Just did a phone order from kickz101 for my size 11...came out to $245 shipped. Better than the $300 i was gonna pay...but who knows i might end up having to if customs fee come into play. Anyone who ordered from them get a tracking number email yet?
not yet, they said that it shipped & they'll email me tho

Last edited:

View media item 281173

This is ******g awesome

Congrats brah. 
smokin.gif

Anyone that ordered from that Polish site, get emailed back yet?

Nope.. Thought I'd get one today but no word. They've probably been flooded with e-mails and probably got hit with some PayPal claims cause people are panicking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom