::::Official Air Jordan II/XXI Countdown Pack Post! 4/26::::

Originally Posted by Pdigiti

This CDP release was a complete flop. All the big online stores ie Eastbay/Footlocker/Finishline still have their FSR's up. This might just be the 1st pack to hit the sales rack/outlets.
peace
Completely wrong. Eastbay/footlocker is sold out of sizes 9-13.
Add to your cart and trying checking out, you will see most sizes are gone.
sick.gif
For saying it was a flop.

People need to stop thinking sales are a flop based off if they sell out or not within the first couple hours...

Even if there was still a full size run in stores across the country, I'm willing to bet this pack STILL outsold all other shoes this past weekend.

yeah it wasnt till 03 that jordans sold out within the first hour....except for ls or rare releases.......cuz i kno i used to wake up and hit the mall like normal and there they were........

Guess you must have missed the first OG colorway IV and V Retro releases from '99-'00. And any XI release from'95-'96 and '00-'01.

Not to mention the original Jordan releases from about '89 through '91. But those were the days when stores would actually get second, third, andfourth waves of shipments. That's how I was able to still find black/silver V's in June of '90 while they first released in February. Most storesstill pretty much always sold out their initial shipments, though.

I wouldn't consider this pack a failure. I think it's a combo of things - popularity (or non) of the models, people being broke from all the other heatso far this year AND planning on what's still to come, gas prices, etc. (side note - we should all be grateful they haven't RAISED the pack pricessimilar to how all the grocery and goods prices are going up due to the cost of fuel).

These will be gone in time, I think.

Originally Posted by PainBL

yeah it wasnt till 03 that jordans sold out within the first hour....except for ls or rare releases.......cuz i kno i used to wake up and hit the mall like normal and there they were........

Guess you must have missed the first OG colorway IV and V Retro releases from '99-'00. And any XI release from '95-'96 and '00-'01.

Not to mention the original Jordan releases from about '89 through '91. But those were the days when stores would actually get second, third, and fourth waves of shipments. That's how I was able to still find black/silver V's in June of '90 while they first released in February. Most stores still pretty much always sold out their initial shipments, though.

I wouldn't consider this pack a failure. I think it's a combo of things - popularity (or non) of the models, people being broke from all the other heat so far this year AND planning on what's still to come, gas prices, etc. (side note - we should all be grateful they haven't RAISED the pack prices similar to how all the grocery and goods prices are going up due to the cost of fuel).

^^^ Well said my friend

im kind of glad that people are really feeling these but i wish i had some cheese to cop. I hopefully they will be some still around when i get some paid.

ima cop next friday..... I really only want da II's but will eventually use the XXI's for hoopin or sumthin....

So which stores in the OC SoCal got these? I can't find them anywhere, even the south Bristol Street WSS didn't have then when I went by today.

Originally Posted by PainBL

Guess you must have missed the first OG colorway IV and V Retro releases from '99-'00. And any XI release from '95-'96 and '00-'01.

Not to mention the original Jordan releases from about '89 through '91. But those were the days when stores would actually get second, third, and fourth waves of shipments. That's how I was able to still find black/silver V's in June of '90 while they first released in February. Most stores still pretty much always sold out their initial shipments, though.

I wouldn't consider this pack a failure. I think it's a combo of things - popularity (or non) of the models, people being broke from all the other heat so far this year AND planning on what's still to come, gas prices, etc. (side note - we should all be grateful they haven't RAISED the pack prices similar to how all the grocery and goods prices are going up due to the cost of fuel).

It's nice to see a post from you, Pain!
I agree with pretty much everything you said...with the exception of the OG XI's. The concords sat on shelves and were easily available aroundChristmas. Atleast in my area. The first time I saw a frenzy over the XI's was when the black/reds hit.

Hey, my bad. I forgot to do the old 'place in cart' routine. I'm sure they'll definitely sit around lots of spots in areas that aren't asfanatical about J's as here on the west and east coasts respectively. Moreover, I think most heads are gearing up for May and June so people are justpicking their spots. Didn't mean to make a fuss but I'll owe up to anything I wrote and man up if I'm wrong.
peace

What's UP ijapino? Nice to see you're still kicking too. Yeah, in late November of '95 I can remember not being able to find a pair of Concordsaround the few places that were my regular spots in the Bay. And I totally missed the boat on the black/reds in '96. But that was also when the internetitself was still very much in it's infancy, not to mention the online sneaker scene, so release dates were more of a guessing game. I'm willing towager that at that point NT wasn't even a thought in Nelson's head...yet. Anyways, what I can remember sitting on the shelves around that time were theI, II (including the colorway ), and III re-releases (we've beaten THAT dead horse enough around here, God knows, LOL). I can also remember the black/redXI lows on shelves for a while. I copped a pair (when I really SHOULD have gotten the older Retros), and most people didn't even realize that they were ofthe XI lineage.

Originally Posted by imsoDS

im waiting for grand theft auto...

i dunno about yall..lol
laugh.gif
that wasnt thereason why i passed...but yeaaa less than 24 hrs to go

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

This CDP release was a complete flop. All the big online stores ie Eastbay/Footlocker/Finishline still have their FSR's up. This might just be the 1st pack to hit the sales rack/outlets.
peace
indifferent.gif
at thinking a release flops because they dont sellout in a day.

If this is the case, most of the releases before 1985-2002/3 were flops.

If you haven't notice, not many people like this pack. It will def be considered a flop from the company.

what a great day

my pack arrives, despite these not being available in my country, they BOTH look AND feel better than expected AND in less than five hours, i'll be playingGTA IV

there sure wasn't any need 2 loose any sleep over these swung by the mall 2day and alot of stores have em the dudes at footlocker and finishline were tryin2 get me 2 cop em but no need 2 only like xxi's I'll cop em after the carmines drop I don think they'll be so valuable then either

These are still available in dallas not many people liked this release but the IIs and XXIs do look nicer in person

saw them this weekend for the 1st time.

the xx1's were very disappointing...
the 2's were
eek.gif

i wound up not coppin for 3 reasons...

1. the xx1
2. may cdp
3. june cdp
pimp.gif

I didn't really like the 21's overall. I remember buying the black ones and they just looked awfully long for a size 12. I mostly coppeed the pack forthe II's cause it's one of the most simple-looking AJ yet it's one of the first that really caught my eye. I still feel bad for not copping theretro in 2004, so that's my way of "somehow" making up for it. I find the leather on them (II's) is really soft, they will crease at thefirst step for sure. As it's been mentionned before, I wished they had made the slam dunk package that was rumored to come out. I would have copped in aminute. The next 2 packs are gonna be copped for sure. As far as the IV - XIX pack, I'll have to wait and see. I was never a fan of the XIX's to beginwith but the Blk-Red 4's are straight fire, it'll be my 4th pair as well, another good excuse to pick them up lol!

Back
Top Bottom