Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Yea, the end of my Jordan collecting days is near. The game is littered with resellers like never before.Story time: (P.S. I know I'm gonna get hate for my story but please try and understand how I feel even just a lil' bit)-Go scoop my dude who is able to get a military discount at FL and/or FA. The goal was to get me 2 size 12's.-Get to the mall around 7:30. Only one other guy in parking lot.-Mall opens and we go inside and bolt to FinishLine (only shoes store in mall). It's me, my dude, the guy from parking lot, and 2 chicks. 5 people all the way till 8:45am.-Managers comes at 8:50 but is alone and doesn't open store till 9:30. He hands out tickets. I'm #3.-While in line, my dude starts to think about how nice the shoes are and how he'd be missing out. Last minute decides to effing buy the shoes.-My dude gets his sz.10. I go in and ask for 2 12's. 1 pair per customer.-Manager says I can get back in line and that they have 1 more size 12 left. -I ask is anyone else getting a sz.12. Yep, one skinny dude was.-Made calls and drove all around but to no avail. Didn't get my 2nd pair.First and foremost, I am EXTREMELY grateful I got the 1 pair I did. I'm just salty because I am a collector that stocks 1, rocks 1. These shoes are MAD clean and I want to wear them tonight but I can't w/o a 2nd pair. So now I'm trying to lock down a second pair.My dude big time screwed me over. He only came to assist in me getting my 2 pairs. His discount didn't work at Finish Line. I wish he would've known he may consider buying them a lil' earlier cuz I woulda brought someone else along to buy my 2nd pair for me. I am heated...

you're dude screwed you?  Didn't he get you a military discount?  Sometimes what you WANT, isn't really what you NEED.

I picked up my pair and am happy with them. I wish these had the little pamphlet like the 3s did last year (or did they and I just missed out from my local shop?) Seems like there was a bit of insanity for these in the metro New Orleans area, my buddy had to drive out to a shop about 45 minutes outside of town to get his pair and the malls in the immediate metro area sold out instantly. I hope the 12s aren't this much of a pain to find and secure.

Originally Posted by nimhet

went to the raffle at Nike Santa Monica...2 hrs later struck out on the J's but did get a pair of the Kobe Invisibility Cloaks so I guess it wasn't a total waste. I actually like the raffle concept...it prevents camping and it's not as crazy since you don't have peeps cutting in line and all that bs
How many people were there?

Wish I could still find a spot with them for retail.... want an in pair hand :O

Still grateful I have 2 on the way

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by ColdCity

CL is hovering around $250...not that bad imo
In a week or two that will be down to about $210 - $220.  Concords has people on some @!%.  They'll be salty when they realize they're not gonna get rich.
lol @ "rich" off reselling

Originally Posted by DunkSB4Life

Me, my brother & I were 1st, 2nd & 3rd, got our pairs (only 10 at the spot). Got there at 230am, opened at 8am. VERY easy cop. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

62226bd6869a1be76e0d8f6f407fc147d8d4e5ea_r.jpg

There was 400+ at 1 of our local malls, the other had like 40 (but less shoe stores). In the words of my bro, "If you think you can outcamp me, you sleep" 
laugh.gif

Only on NT is waiting in line for nearly 6 hours a easy cop
laugh.gif

They had multiple pair at CITY GEAR in Memphis. They hadn't even sold the displays, I was like whhaaa? Luckily I stood for 3 hours and copped for 92 at the Nike Employee Store and got the Kobe VII Invisibility Cloak for an associate. Got up at 5:30. First in line.

Originally Posted by Redrum

and I remember last year when the white cement III dropped, walked in the mall round noon and copped my size with ease, no hassle,
with these IV's lines at every store, smh.

I remember this too. I didn't even cop on release day back then. It was like 2 days later. SMH. I just finally came to the realization this moring in my attempt to grab these that those days are gone now. This was the1st time since the cement 3s that I actually had gone out to stores and I just couldn't believe what I saw. 100+ folks for a GR. I am totally expecting every retro from this point on to be like what I saw this morning.

Originally Posted by DunkSB4Life

Me, my brother & I were 1st, 2nd & 3rd, got our pairs (only 10 at the spot). Got there at 230am, opened at 8am. VERY easy cop. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

There was 400+ at 1 of our local malls, the other had like 40 (but less shoe stores). In the words of my bro, "If you think you can outcamp me, you sleep" 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Nikestore said these were limited. You can stop calling them GR now
Oh and fxck that talk about the shoes being limited. They have plenty, but the NikeStore site bends you over backwards while you try to order. And most people have connects, so they just pay prior to release and can cop their pair whatever time of the day on Saturday. All about who you know, and I am truly seeing that.

That was some of the worst crap I have seen in a long time. Link goes live, no one can buy crap. People wait it out for like 4 hours with a promise of another link coming when the site is back up only to get a tweet saying they are sold out...SMDH

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I live in NYC aka Hypebeast Central. Reseller prices will be through the roof
tired.gif

They're only $220 in NYC so i dunno whatchu talkin bout

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Yea, the end of my Jordan collecting days is near. The game is littered with resellers like never before.Story time: (P.S. I know I'm gonna get hate for my story but please try and understand how I feel even just a lil' bit)-Go scoop my dude who is able to get a military discount at FL and/or FA. The goal was to get me 2 size 12's.-Get to the mall around 7:30. Only one other guy in parking lot.-Mall opens and we go inside and bolt to FinishLine (only shoes store in mall). It's me, my dude, the guy from parking lot, and 2 chicks. 5 people all the way till 8:45am.-Managers comes at 8:50 but is alone and doesn't open store till 9:30. He hands out tickets. I'm #3.-While in line, my dude starts to think about how nice the shoes are and how he'd be missing out. Last minute decides to effing buy the shoes.-My dude gets his sz.10. I go in and ask for 2 12's. 1 pair per customer.-Manager says I can get back in line and that they have 1 more size 12 left. -I ask is anyone else getting a sz.12. Yep, one skinny dude was.-Made calls and drove all around but to no avail. Didn't get my 2nd pair.First and foremost, I am EXTREMELY grateful I got the 1 pair I did. I'm just salty because I am a collector that stocks 1, rocks 1. These shoes are MAD clean and I want to wear them tonight but I can't w/o a 2nd pair. So now I'm trying to lock down a second pair.My dude big time screwed me over. He only came to assist in me getting my 2 pairs. His discount didn't work at Finish Line. I wish he would've known he may consider buying them a lil' earlier cuz I woulda brought someone else along to buy my 2nd pair for me. I am heated...

Yeah so....dude won't be making another trip with you after pulling a shake and bake, Talladega nights style on that *%$ correct?

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

The nerve of these resellers.. 

Oh u want 300?? For these??

Kiss my whole %$*hole.

These resellers take advantage of new "sneakerheads" that know nothing about what they're doing because they have no experience. Anyone that has been collecting for awhile knows for $300 you can get a VNDS pair with Nike Air on the back and much better quality leather. But kids that are 16 and using their parents money don't know that, nor do they care.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by iKidWare

Curious why everyone had a limit 2 pairs yet they sell out before people can get them. You got people on NT getting 2 pairs from Ndc and turnin around to get more from FNL. The problem with the shoe game is everyone that's in the shoe game stocking up on 3 and 4 pairs and resellers. It's a joke...
they need to resell enough pairs to cover the one or two pairs they cant afford in the first place.  not many reasonable people hold on to more than two pairs.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So true. Thank god all the sneaker stores in the mall near me all agreed to limit each customer to one pair. 2nd's if they make the line again. Don't know why all stores don't take into affect the same rule. Gives everyone a chance to cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom