Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

The leather is hard like the cement and fire IV's. But they look incredible.....much better than in pics. Plus they don;t have a bunch of the manufacture flaws, i.e. glue, stitching etc. At least I can say this of my pair lol.

called my finishline just for kicks to see if they got them, they never get anything, the guy says "yep we havent sold 1 pair yet". I hop in the v to go grab a pair. get there and its some all white retro 1 s. smh. jokes on me. they were nice, but didnt cop. sad face the whole way home

i still think this is a great pick up!

for more a lot of reasons .

1. That we haven't seen this color since the retro's and the OG's ! + i like the box a lot.

2. Jordan Brand HAS NOT ! confirmed for this shoe to come out again 2 times! (Yes i've seen the YOUtube Video) Jb is known to remove shoes and change dates on sneakers. . . Weren't The Columbia 11's Suppose to come out instead of the BRED 11's :nerd: ?

3. The shoe in person is really nice. ( We wont EVER be happy with what ever Jordan Brand gives us. we will always have a few people complaining about the shoes.) Funny thing is i'm 75 % sure most of the "cool Cats" talking about the leather and the Jumpman on the shoe aren't even over 22 years old! So i'm 100% sure that you've NEVER Seen or had a Pair of the Retro or The 1985 OG 1's.

-IF YOU LIKE THE SHOE BUY IT ! IF NOT . . . Wait For your NEXT RETRO and complain about that! (Want better Shoes ? instead of Buying two Retro +"I've got one to wear and one on Ice" save up and buy 1 OG. LOGIC? :nerd:

called my finishline just for kicks to see if they got them, they never get anything, the guy says "yep we havent sold 1 pair yet". I hop in the v to go grab a pair. get there and its some all white retro 1 s. smh. jokes on me. they were nice, but didnt cop. sad face the whole way home

:rofl:

pass on the chicagos released today... I will get the high quality leather chicago release in 6 months :nerd:

I'll believe that release when it's confirmed

i still think this is a great pick up!
for more a lot of reasons .

3. The shoe in person is really nice. ( We wont EVER be happy with what ever Jordan Brand gives us. we will always have a few people complaining about the shoes.) Funny thing is i'm 75 % sure most of the "cool Cats" talking about the leather and the Jumpman on the shoe aren't even over 22 years old! So i'm 100% sure that you've NEVER Seen or had a Pair of the Retro or The 1985 OG 1's.
-IF YOU LIKE THE SHOE BUY IT ! IF NOT . . . Wait For your NEXT RETRO and complain about that! (Want better Shoes ? instead of Buying two Retro +"I've got one to wear and one on Ice" save up and buy 1 OG. LOGIC? :nerd:

since when do you have to own the OG's to know what decent leather feels like?

sure leather today is not what it used to be but after I held these I went to an Adidas store and felt the DRose 3, and i'm pretty sure that's synthetic leather but it felt softer than the 1's did.

I was one who said the leather felt like crap, and it does, if your copping for nostalgic reasons and more, then do you, I was just giving one of my reasons for not copping, but I love the shoe however. I personally will wait for the next retro, but don't give me that "stop complaining and buy the OG then!", why? people aren't just letting them go for $100 and most aren't even wearable from those years.

Y'all must have Lil Wayne's "Leather So Soft" on repeat with scented candles lit in a dark room.

Aye did I really just read that cats are stripping the Jumpman off the heel and the tongue of their 2013's? Did I really just read that? Some of you dudes are over the top. No matter what you do it's still the same shoe. It still has the same crappy leather(allegedly) that people are complaining about. Why would you even waste your time buying them let alone waste even more time trying to modify them knowing that the quality is crappy(allegedly)? That's borderline sycophant fanatic behavior. It is not that serious people.

Last edited:
since when do you have to own the OG's to know what decent leather feels like?
sure leather today is not what it used to be but after I held these I went to an Adidas store and felt the DRose 3, and i'm pretty sure that's synthetic leather but it felt softer than the 1's did.
I was one who said the leather felt like crap, and it does, if your copping for nostalgic reasons and more, then do you, I was just giving one of my reasons for not copping, but I love the shoe however. I personally will wait for the next retro, but don't give me that "stop complaining and buy the OG then!", why? people aren't just letting them go for $100 and most aren't even wearable from those years.

Guessing the "Word of the Day" is . . . Nostalgic !

Take it easy Champ. All I said is , if you don't like the shoes don't buy it! ( it's your money) If you want OG type Leather. Buy The OG's because you won't EVER be 100% happy with Jordan Brand.

Been wearing my (2009) black Chicagos from the Bulls/Celts DMP all weekend... You won't believe how many cats approached me, talking about, "MAN, WHERE YOU GET THOSE 'BANNED 1s' from" ?
:smh:
Evidently pseudo Banneds will make em dance

Aye did I really just read that cats are stripping the Jumpman off the heel and the tongue of their 2013's? Did I really just read that? Some of you dudes are over the top. No matter what you do it's still the same shoe. It still has the same crappy leather that people are complaining about. Why would you even waste your time buying them let alone waste even more time trying to modify them knowing that the quality is crappy? That's borderline sycophant fanatic behavior. It is not that serious people.
quality on my pair was A+

Last edited:
I'm just gonna wear my pair and beat them to death..:tongue: hopefully I will get a couple of months out of them.

Guessing the "Word of the Day" is . . . Nostalgic !
Take it easy Champ. All I said is , if you don't like the shoes don't buy it! ( it's your money) If you want OG type Leather. Buy The OG's because you won't EVER be 100% happy with Jordan Brand.

not a shot at you specifically bro, just feel as though its not so wrong to complain when the leather changes from release to release, same thing happened with the WC4's, but i picked those up anyway because who knows when they may drop again. Still doesn't mean i'm happy with the leather, I wish they had been nicer as I may have took them them right there and then, but again crappy leather and even the pair I tried on was creased crazy on the toe and had scuff marks on the tongue (dude said it was the only one they had at the time), factory laced when out the box as well.

I get the "buy the OG for OG leather" but i'm past the fact that we won't be seeing that quality anytime soon :smh:, but they really dropped the ball on these IMO.

walked in shoe city mondawmin around 4pm yesterday. knicks were SITTING. only thing i like about em is no jumpman on the back and the nylon tongue. other than that they are a pass for me (ill stick with my kniicks ewings and cavs 4s). :wink:

i was fortunate enough to get the last pair in the mall in my size.

:nthat:

Last edited:
Aye did I really just read that cats are stripping the Jumpman off the heel and the tongue of their 2013's? Did I really just read that? Some of you dudes are over the top. No matter what you do it's still the same shoe. It still has the same crappy leather(allegedly) that people are complaining about. Why would you even waste your time buying them let alone waste even more time trying to modify them knowing that the quality is crappy(allegedly)? That's borderline sycophant fanatic behavior. It is not that serious people.

I ripped the sign off because i did not like how the Jordan branding looked in the front, i do love the style/colorway tho

Im not trying to stunt like these are '94s or OGs, but i do think these are more aestheically pleasing like this. 8)

& i dont think u used the word "sycophant" correctly

(sycophant : a person who uses flattery to win favour from individuals wielding influence)

I ripped the sign off because i did not like how the Jordan branding looked in the front, i do love the style/colorway tho
Im not trying to stunt like these are '94s or OGs, but i do think these are more aestheically pleasing like this.
glasses.gif

& i dont think u used the word "sycophant" correctly
(sycophant : a person who uses flattery to win favour from individuals wielding influence)
Oh I used it right just think long and hard. Eventually you'll pick up on it.

Why are you trying to jump on him because he took two minutes out of his day to rip off the tag on his shoes? I really isn't as serious as you're making it. He didn't like it, so he took it off. That's the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom