Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

the nubuck looks heaps better than i expected. shame about them round laces though. i switched to flats in the 02's when i had em. hey at least these don't also have heavy arsed metal tips. combined with rounds and the laces would always undo themselves.

good luck to all those who want em. nice shoe, but i'm passing (sold my 02's last year and am currently set on vii's with hares and olys, enough for me).

this thread makes iss look good
this thread makes ISS look real good. hell a mod even fueled this petty debate.

all these dudes that joined in the past year are clowns. worrying about how the next man wears his shows. The PMSing over nicknames is disgusting too. :smh:

Thank god this is my last pair of the year.

This has turned into quite possibly the lamest thread in the JB board.
mean.gif

Next Saturday can't come soon enough.  Check this one off the list and move onto my grails on Black Friday.

charcoals? Lol what charcoal about em now? Especially in 2012
The same could be said for "Raptors". The team don't even use the same colors anymore.
iJapino is by far the corniest mod on this site.

Searched pages two and three for this thread because dude wants to be difficult.

Let it go.
If you say so. elcerrito91, the original thread poster had the title:
[h1]"Air Jordan VII 'Charcoal' (YOU KNOW WHICH ONES).... 2012...it's just a nickname"[/h1]
I actually changed the title to include the words "Official" AND "RAPTORS" a couple days ago. The new title should have made it EASIER for you.

I've said it all along, that people are gonna call 'em what they want. I really don't care. I've chosen NOT to go the "Raptors" route because to me they're more significant as the shoes MJ wore during his 92 Championship run. Not because an expansion team wore similar colors.
Actually, elcerrito91 originally called them Raptors in the original thread title until some posters "bullied" him into changing it. 

These look amaaazing, whether they're called Charcoals, Raptors, Red and Black 7's, or Sparkly Red n' Purple looking things. The name shouldn't be THIS big of an issue. 

Anyway, I hope these aren't too hard to cop that morning or even online. I've wanted these for a hot minute, need em' in my life 
laugh.gif
. I've never actually ordered at midnight/8am for J's, but i will be locked on nike and finishline and try to secure my pair if I can't get tickets and hit up the mall at 6am.

7 days <3

Folks is more saltier than saltine crackers in this thread.

& the saddest thing, this debate will never end.

Is it the shoes?

At the end of the day, YES.

That is all.

As my second favorite jordan model and colorway of all time only nxt to the bred xi i always refer to these as the shrug game. lame as it may be i still remember michael nailing that 6th 3 pter against the blazers in the 92 finals and givin the crowd that ever famous shrug as if to say he didnt understand how he was in such a zone either. just another great shoe that celebrates the history of the man who forever changed basketball. lets just all enjoy the great quality and stop all the nickname bickering. hope everyone gets their pairs. got 2 locked down myself. sold my dmps to get these. could not stand all that grey all over those. ruined the shoe imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'd cop these but I'm not a fan on jordan's retail prices for mens size. And besides in my opinion the retro 7s in kids size looks better I love how the tongue can actually pop out and not attached to the sock liner.

Wow...This is my first time in this thread...what have I walked into????

I feel like Large Pro on "Loco-Motive"...

"What we talkin bout ninjas??! What we talkin bout ninjas??!"

Why can't you just call them what you call them and I just call them what I call them?

-OR-

Why can't the OG's and that VII pack be the "Charcoals" and the '02/'12 be the Raptors?? They're not the same shoe, why can't they have different names??

80/20 rule fellas...80% of the people on NT are corny...20% of the people on NT look corny by trying to school the 80%...live and let live.

Peace.

Who cares wat other ppl call them... At the end of the day(next Saturday) we will ALL have them anyways so why grown men crying?? Me personally I hate the term "raptors" and I refuse to call em that but if someone was talkin to me bout shoes and mentioned raptors, I would know exactly wat shoe he/she would be referring too. 7 DAYS FELLAS.. THESE LOOK GREAT

New Member of NikeTalk! Ive been reading for awhile but just registered an account. I cant wait for these!

Oh btw anyone from PDX in here??

Back
Top Bottom