Official Apple Media Event Thread: September 1, 2010

Question...

What's the point of the new Apple TV now since all it does is stream movies to your TV now and has no internal storage if you can already do that from your computer/macbook?

Question...

What's the point of the new Apple TV now since all it does is stream movies to your TV now and has no internal storage if you can already do that from your computer/macbook?

Originally Posted by melofan15

sooo..no 3g on the ipod touch?
umm....why not just get an iphone?

EDIT -

The nano is copped
pimp.gif

gallery-big-01-gen6.jpg

gallery-big-05-gen6.jpg

When will the new Touch hit stores like Best Buy and Walmart???

I don't want to order online from Apple...

When will the new Touch hit stores like Best Buy and Walmart???

I don't want to order online from Apple...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by bijald0331

lol at all the whiners in here. You guys are some true females. Not a fan of everything at this event but damn if you don't like it don't buy.

Can we have an opinion? Or do we need to pay someone to be able to speak?
Whining about everything til the cows come home ≠ having a constructive opinion.

They killed off a product that put Apple on the next level and had a HIGH demand. What hell are you talking about?
They didn't "kill" anything. Look at their website genius. I swear, you people...
laugh.gif

Youre a frigging idiot.

They stopped developing the product line. Its what happens when things get ready to be phased out.

There are no other big competitors with hard-drive based media players since the Zune isn't really doing much, nor are any of the other options.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to help out consumers who want portable large capacity players at the expense of not being able to play games on or to shoot video
eyes.gif

lol at all the whiners in here. You guys are some true females. Not a fan of everything at this event but damn if you don't like it don't buy.

Can we have an opinion? Or do we need to pay someone to be able to speak?
Whining about everything til the cows come home ≠ having a constructive opinion.

They killed off a product that put Apple on the next level and had a HIGH demand. What hell are you talking about?
They didn't "kill" anything. Look at their website genius. I swear, you people...
laugh.gif

Youre a frigging idiot.

They stopped developing the product line. Its what happens when things get ready to be phased out.

There are no other big competitors with hard-drive based media players since the Zune isn't really doing much, nor are any of the other options.  I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to help out consumers who want portable large capacity players at the expense of not being able to play games on or to shoot video
eyes.gif

if its not V4s and V8s or fat girls vs skinny girls, it's tech nonsense like this. 
laugh.gif
 calm the hell down. 

if its not V4s and V8s or fat girls vs skinny girls, it's tech nonsense like this. 
laugh.gif
 calm the hell down. 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Youre a frigging idiot.

eyes.gif
I'm an idiot? Buy one of these iPods from Apple or off eBay simpleton. These players are becoming obsolete and nothing is wrong with phasing them out. Apple wasn't going to make it forever. That said, I'm sure buying some of the remaining stock is a good investment for later on down the line.

^I'm not going to use it. I was following the event. I liked Ping. Icommented on it. I didn't even bash Apple besides TV which theyacknowledged has been a flop and I only had 3 posts before you startedcalling people whiners and females. Apple's a bigboy, it can handlesome criticism. Basically, you don't like people commenting. It's onlya 4 page thread. What are you sifting through?
There have been plenty of whining threads/posts on NT, not just today, about Apple this/that. It gets old.

I couldn't care less if people criticize Apple, but do it in a constructive manner. I do, I think it's been pathetic that 4.1 has taken so long. My 3G performs extremely bad with 4.0 but I can't go back. Jobs should've touched on that more in this conference but whatever.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Youre a frigging idiot.

eyes.gif
I'm an idiot? Buy one of these iPods from Apple or off eBay simpleton. These players are becoming obsolete and nothing is wrong with phasing them out. Apple wasn't going to make it forever. That said, I'm sure buying some of the remaining stock is a good investment for later on down the line.

^I'm not going to use it. I was following the event. I liked Ping. Icommented on it. I didn't even bash Apple besides TV which theyacknowledged has been a flop and I only had 3 posts before you startedcalling people whiners and females. Apple's a bigboy, it can handlesome criticism. Basically, you don't like people commenting. It's onlya 4 page thread. What are you sifting through?
There have been plenty of whining threads/posts on NT, not just today, about Apple this/that. It gets old.

I couldn't care less if people criticize Apple, but do it in a constructive manner. I do, I think it's been pathetic that 4.1 has taken so long. My 3G performs extremely bad with 4.0 but I can't go back. Jobs should've touched on that more in this conference but whatever.

^I'm not going to use it. I was following the event. I liked Ping. I
commented on it. I didn't even bash Apple besides TV which they
acknowledged has been a flop and I only had 3 posts before you started
calling people whiners and females. Apple's a bigboy, it can handle
some criticism. Basically, you don't like people commenting. It's only
a 4 page thread. What are you sifting through?

I couldn't care less if people criticize Apple, but do it in a constructive manner.

I'm pretty sure constructively criticizing detractors as "females and whiners" will put an end to it all.

^I'm not going to use it. I was following the event. I liked Ping. I
commented on it. I didn't even bash Apple besides TV which they
acknowledged has been a flop and I only had 3 posts before you started
calling people whiners and females. Apple's a bigboy, it can handle
some criticism. Basically, you don't like people commenting. It's only
a 4 page thread. What are you sifting through?

I couldn't care less if people criticize Apple, but do it in a constructive manner.

I'm pretty sure constructively criticizing detractors as "females and whiners" will put an end to it all.

Originally Posted by proper english

here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/confirmed-the-ipod-classic-is-alive-and-well/
stop jumping to conclusions and stop crying already 
laugh.gif
grin.gif

The thing about the classic is that it's not static. That's only the first step in it's phase out. It's ok to be disappointed in it not being updated...hard drive based players are become less prevalent as flash based players fill the gap. I just think that they shoul'd have ignored the niche market that high capacity mp3 player consumers fill. 160 isn't enough for some people. 240GB 1.8" drives have been out for 2 years already Would it really have hurt apple's profit margin to make a 240Gb high end model in limited numbers like they once did with the dual platter 60GB models? i don't think so. They're funneling consumers down a single path.

here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/01/confirmed-the-ipod-classic-is-alive-and-well/
laugh.gif
grin.gif

The thing about the classic is that it's not static. That's only the first step in it's phase out. It's ok to be disappointed in it not being updated...hard drive based players are become less prevalent as flash based players fill the gap. I just think that they shoul'd have ignored the niche market that high capacity mp3 player consumers fill. 160 isn't enough for some people. 240GB 1.8" drives have been out for 2 years already Would it really have hurt apple's profit margin to make a 240Gb high end model in limited numbers like they once did with the dual platter 60GB models? i don't think so. They're funneling consumers down a single path.

$99 is a nice price point but with a laptop with an HDMI cable and no morals, I'm fine. *shrugs*
Pretty much.

I've (immorally) downloaded tons of 720p movies & tv shows straight to my Evo4G over WiFi & 3G that I can keep, watch, and HDMI output pretty much everywhere I go (as long as I bring my 1foot HDMI-Mini cable).

With that said, I'll consider buying the new iPod Touch Camera for my little cousin come Christmas though.

I don't want him to commit suicide cause all his friends are on FaceTime and he isn't.

$99 is a nice price point but with a laptop with an HDMI cable and no morals, I'm fine. *shrugs*
Pretty much.

I've (immorally) downloaded tons of 720p movies & tv shows straight to my Evo4G over WiFi & 3G that I can keep, watch, and HDMI output pretty much everywhere I go (as long as I bring my 1foot HDMI-Mini cable).

With that said, I'll consider buying the new iPod Touch Camera for my little cousin come Christmas though.

I don't want him to commit suicide cause all his friends are on FaceTime and he isn't.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Exactly.

Or they could have offered an iPod touch with more than 64 GB on it. Maybe even 128. How am I supposed to replace a classic? They created that market and now they're leaving it high and dry.

Thats my concern. I'm not about to buy an MP3 player off eBay either. A harddrive? Off eBay?
roll.gif
C'mon son. Thats throwing money in the toilet.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Exactly.

Or they could have offered an iPod touch with more than 64 GB on it. Maybe even 128. How am I supposed to replace a classic? They created that market and now they're leaving it high and dry.

Thats my concern. I'm not about to buy an MP3 player off eBay either. A harddrive? Off eBay?
roll.gif
C'mon son. Thats throwing money in the toilet.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Pretty much.

I've (immorally) downloaded tons of 720p movies & tv shows straight to my..
..iPhone, NB, NAS, PS3.. 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

but @ $99.. i've found my parents(& sisters, etc) xmas present 
pimp.gif
.. that's a great piece of hardware for the average tech novice (or the anti-pirate 
grin.gif
). 

Back
Top Bottom