Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

i'm a little lost on the pricing. i bought an iphone 2g in january of '08, so i'm not eligible to upgrade for like 7 more months. but if i sign anew contract then i can still get the 3GS for $200? if that's the case then i'm in. no way in hell am i paying $600 for the damn thing though,that's insane

and for those complaining that they didn't add enough...what all were you guys expecting? i don't know what else i would even want from a phone...

^^ people would pay that price. unless they change the rate plan this is gonna !*+% over my feature revenue

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

"For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). "
roll.gif
OD
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

lmao so 699 if I want the 32g WITH extending my contract..whats that make the phone out of contract 1000-1400 ? That's bull.

This has been beaten to death but I will state it for the millionth time. Buy the phone $299, cancellation fee is $175, pay first month $60. $299+175+60=Around $530. However you could probably sell it for $500 on craigslist so you'll almost break even.

Those prices can't be right, if you can upgrade don't you pay the same as a new customer?

Originally Posted by bjamez20

i'm a little lost on the pricing. i bought an iphone 2g in january of '08, so i'm not eligible to upgrade for like 7 more months. but if i sign a new contract then i can still get the 3GS for $200? if that's the case then i'm in.

and for those complaining that they didn't add enough...what all were you guys expecting? i don't know what else i would even want from a phone...
If you're NOT elgible then you're either paying full price that has been posted or maybe a partial discount. Good luck

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Those prices can't be right, if you can upgrade don't you pay the same as a new customer?

That's if you're elgible then yeah you would, but if not you're $@%* out of luck
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Faster speeds
Better battery life

New camera
Video camera
Larger memory
Plus all the smaller features

Sounds good to me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo did they say how much faster the phone will be..... and how much longer is the batter set to last
Speed
• Faster than the previous generation: Launching messages is 2.1times faster, load the NY Times in Safari: 2.9 times faster.

wwdc2009-822.jpg

well, overall i was pleased with the keynote. i want one of the new 15" MBP's, and i won't be buying the 3GS, i'll stick with the 3G and 3.0software...

does anyone know for sure if the TOM TOM app and docking station will work with the REGULAR iPhone 3g???

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

lmao so 699 if I want the 32g WITH extending my contract..whats that make the phone out of contract 1000-1400 ? That's bull.

This has been beaten to death but I will state it for the millionth time. Buy the phone $299, cancellation fee is $175, pay first month $60. $299+175+60 =Around $530. However you could probably sell it for $500 on craigslist so you'll almost break even.
What are you talking about? What will buying a phone then canceling..then paying the first month...help me with upgrading my current 3G to the 3Gs32gb? Maybe I'm just not following.

I think you're eligible for upgrade after 1 year. I got the upgrade/new price for the 3G when I had the 2G for like a year. I'd check with an AT&Temployee to be sure however...

as for MMS and C&P....about time
smh.gif
those shoulda been features when it dropped in 07

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not haveto pay full price.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.

Ok thats all pretty much I wanted to know...I got my 3G on release date...same with the 1st gen, so I was assuming I'd be fine...but after reading some ofthe stuff in here I wasn't so sure.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

I think you're eligible for upgrade after 1 year. I got the upgrade/new price for the 3G when I had the 2G for like a year. I'd check with an AT&T employee to be sure however...

as for MMS and C&P....about time
smh.gif
those shoulda been features when it dropped in 07
mms shouldve been standard since the og iphone
laugh.gif
%%@@ apple
laugh.gif

Go to http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

If you enter your account info, it will tell you when you how much the new phone will cost for you. I entered my info and it said that if I would have to pay:
$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

It said I was eligible for a standard iPhone upgrade on 12/12/09 despite me buying the 3G on release date last year

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.
Please don't give people the wrong idea because they're going to be disappointed as hell
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom