Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by cosuna

Go to http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

If you enter your account info, it will tell you when you how much the new phone will cost for you. I entered my info and it said that if I would have to pay:
$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

It said I was eligible for a standard iPhone upgrade on 12/12/09 despite me buying the 3G on release date last year
Damn, that's still OD for a phone doesn't include MMS or C&P out the box
smh.gif

OK.....so current Iphone 3g subscribers with AT&T will be able to upgrade to the new iphone 3GS with the same subsidized prices as new customers?

BTW the new Iphone 3GS is crack
pimp.gif

Does anyone know how much the new iPhone will be regular price (full price) ?

Also if it can be unlocked/jailbroken ?

The store is down again...

Edit: nevermind it's back up....Everyone must be on it though...it's loading real slow...

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

If you enter your account info, it will tell you when you how much the new phone will cost for you. I entered my info and it said that if I would have to pay:
$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

It said I was eligible for a standard iPhone upgrade on 12/12/09 despite me buying the 3G on release date last year
smh.gif
It comes with the 3.0 OS...so it should be coming with MMS and C&P out the box...

it would be cheaper for me to cancel my contract and buy a new phone than pay for the upgrade tor the 32gb

I just bought my Macbook in April...people close to apple told me... nothing to for til probably october again...

SMH @ me

I'm happy with my Unibody Macbook tho...

I told myself I would buy a new comp til this one dies..
eyes.gif

The upgrades based on price are so nice tho

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

smh.gif
It comes with the 3.0 OS...so it should be coming with MMS and C&P out the box...
AT&T isn't ready for mms in the US I think

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

it would be cheaper for me to cancel my contract and buy a new phone than pay for the upgrade tor the 32gb

if you cancel and reopen you have to pay a deposit. you didnt think it would be that easy did you? on another note i will be selling my unibody macbook for the13 inch pro. HAWLA. this thing is crispy, i just took my speck case off of it. ALSO that 32 gig iphone 3gs is copped. im gonna be paying fanboy prices.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not have to pay full price.

That was the case last year. It looks like they changed the policy this year.

Apple is killing bestbuy... how the hell are we supposed to get rid of all our old Macbooks?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by E3LAL

$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

smh.gif
http://www.apple.com/ipho...phone-3g-s/messages.html Yes it is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

if you cancel and reopen you have to pay a deposit. you didnt think it would be that easy did you?

dammit
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

AT&T fails big time. I've been able to send MMS and tether my phone on my G1 already. I can do video as of the new update.

People are on that Apple Kool-aid like nothing else. I was on it at one point but I stopped.

Although I do wanna cop a new laptop (my Macbook is 3 years old already).

$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

smh.gif
pimp.gif
no

"MMS support from AT&T coming in late summer."

unless you meant the fact that the mms software will be on the phone already..?

I think instead of upgrading you guys on the fence should just wait it out until next year June again because this update wasn't really that spectacular atall... I like the iPhone, but I'm with Sprint on SERO so unless it comes to Sprint and I can use my SERO plan on it I'm not going nowhere...

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.
Please don't give people the wrong idea because they're going to be disappointed as hell
tired.gif

This is what happened when the 3G came out. This is a direct quote from AT&T when the 3G came out. I dubt they change anything with the 3Gs. As long as youwere in good standing you were automatically qualified for upgrade pricing.

Note: When the 3G device launches, all active postpaid customers in good standing with a 2G iPhone will be eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing for a 3G device regardless of service tenure. (Customers that would not otherwise be eligible due to tenure will be made eligible at launch).

Originally Posted by ceehjayem

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not have
to pay full price.

I doubt they changed the policy.

Originally Posted by TheNorthside

$18 upgrade fee
New 2 yr. commitment

$399 for the 16 GB 3GS
$499 for the 32 BG 3GS

smh.gif
pimp.gif
no

"MMS support from AT&T coming in late summer."

unless you meant the fact that the mms software will be on the phone already..?
No you are right, I thought it came out the box with MMS...

gotta wait a little longer for picture messages I guess
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I think instead of upgrading you guys on the fence should just wait it out until next year June again because this update wasn't really that spectacular at all... I like the iPhone, but I'm with Sprint on SERO so unless it comes to Sprint and I can use my SERO plan on it I'm not going nowhere...
thats what i think i will be doing just staying with my 3g

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.
Please don't give people the wrong idea because they're going to be disappointed as hell
tired.gif

This is what happened when the 3G came out. This is a direct quote from AT&T when the 3G came out. I dubt they change anything with the 3Gs. As long as you were in good standing you were automatically qualified for upgrade pricing.

Note: When the 3G device launches, all active postpaid customers in good standing with a 2G iPhone will be eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing for a 3G device regardless of service tenure. (Customers that would not otherwise be eligible due to tenure will be made eligible at launch).

Originally Posted by ceehjayem

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not have
to pay full price.

I doubt they changed the policy.

thats not happening with the 3Gs

ok ok so how much will customers that bought it on release date last year have to pay for the 3gs?

Back
Top Bottom