Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Ok...so I upgraded my broken 2g to a 3g exactly 14 days ago. I called my ATT store and the guy said it was all "rumors" and that the new price wasn't confirmed.

I wanna know if I should pay the $20 restocking fee and return my phone or if I should take the $100?
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought a 3g to replace my faulty 2g a week ago, and was wondering if at&t would provide me with a priceadjustment? Is that what you meant when you asked if you should take the $100? Any input would help. Thanks.

So let me get this straight.

Since I have AT&T, I WON'T be able to receive MMS messages from, say, my brother, who also has an iPhone?

Why are they saying AT&T users won't be able to get MMS messages?? Or is that only non-iPhone AT&T users???

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.
Please don't give people the wrong idea because they're going to be disappointed as hell
tired.gif

This is what happened when the 3G came out. This is a direct quote from AT&T when the 3G came out. I dubt they change anything with the 3Gs. As long as you were in good standing you were automatically qualified for upgrade pricing.

Note: When the 3G device launches, all active postpaid customers in good standing with a 2G iPhone will be eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing for a 3G device regardless of service tenure. (Customers that would not otherwise be eligible due to tenure will be made eligible at launch).

Originally Posted by ceehjayem

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not have
to pay full price.

That was the case last year. It looks like they changed the policy this year.

I doubt they changed the policy.

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualifiedcustomers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).

Originally Posted by Sugahill19

ok ok so how much will customers that bought it on release date last year have to pay for the 3gs?
this is what i want to know

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

AT&T makes all iphone users eligble for an upgrade whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry.
Please don't give people the wrong idea because they're going to be disappointed as hell
tired.gif

This is what happened when the 3G came out. This is a direct quote from AT&T when the 3G came out. I dubt they change anything with the 3Gs. As long as you were in good standing you were automatically qualified for upgrade pricing.

Note: When the 3G device launches, all active postpaid customers in good standing with a 2G iPhone will be eligible to receive the qualified upgrade pricing for a 3G device regardless of service tenure. (Customers that would not otherwise be eligible due to tenure will be made eligible at launch).

Originally Posted by ceehjayem

AT&T makes all current iphone users upgrade eligble for an whenever a new iPhone comes out. If you already have an iPhone do not worry. You will not have
to pay full price.

That was the case last year. It looks like they changed the policy this year.

I doubt they changed the policy.
It's not a policy. It happened one time and that was only because they did not subsidize the original iPhone. Now that's out of the way,it's back to business as usual regarding upgrades including the iPhone as well.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

So let me get this straight.

Since I have AT&T, I WON'T be able to receive MMS messages from, say, my brother, who also has an iPhone?

Why are they saying AT&T users won't be able to get MMS messages?? Or is that only non-iPhone AT&T users???

Originally Posted by Sugahill19

ok ok so how much will customers that bought it on release date last year have to pay for the 3gs?

Im gonna call att and clearify on that link given efore it said i can get an upgrade for 399 16gb and 32gb for 499 F them (even though my fiending for new tech*#%@ is gona just sell m 3g for 300 and pay the diffrence) i still dont care i want the 299 price on the 32g and ill fight for it

yea iphone s will fail simpley for this reason what idiots but theymight chage it last minute like last year HOPEFULLY! .. i just called and they confirmed the link.. hmm might have to add a line and change my number to the3rd line on my account just need the dude that activated it for me to do it.. lol at me working for a cellphone company and knowing a instant way around this..that activationfee and proarted harge will suck but i need that 32GB in my life..

Dam what happened to the metal band not being on there anymore? What happened to the apple logo on the back to light up??/
smh.gif

I need the 32gb though because my memory is almost filled up on my 16gb... Well see what happens.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Dam what happened to the metal band not being on there anymore? What happened to the apple logo on the back to light up??/
smh.gif

I need the 32gb though because my memory is almost filled up on my 16gb... Well see what happens.

yeah, something doesn't make sense. I feel a NEW iphone coming real soon. none of this iPhone 3Gucks nonsense..

Originally Posted by Olvera23

smh.gif

yeah, something doesn't make sense. I feel a NEW iphone coming real soon. none of this iPhone 3Gucks nonsense..

its called people making up fake rumors for fun. i seriously doubt there are any plans for a new iphone in addition to the 3GS.

smh.gif

you really want a lit up apple logo in the back? ew

Originally Posted by j8y:nerd:4

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Ok...so I upgraded my broken 2g to a 3g exactly 14 days ago. I called my ATT store and the guy said it was all "rumors" and that the new price wasn't confirmed.

I wanna know if I should pay the $20 restocking fee and return my phone or if I should take the $100?
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought a 3g to replace my faulty 2g a week ago, and was wondering if at&t would provide me with a price adjustment? Is that what you meant when you asked if you should take the $100? Any input would help. Thanks.
I called AT&T customer service and they told me this...

30 day return policy - must be in like new condition with original box, etc.
10% restocking fee

So if you purchased your phone from an AT&T store within 30 days of today you should be able to get $100 back and if you purchased it within 30 days ofJune 19th, you'll be able to exchange your current phone for the 16gb plus the cost of restocking your old phone

I am thinking about adding a line to get the new iPhone 3Gs. I can cancel the line at anytime because I work overseas and all I need is my employee offerletter. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom